#61 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 15 January 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

In the fluff it was a proximity round so you would get the same spread regardless of range.

This!

All the way. IMO, this would be the single most positive change to the LBX. I really want to use it and like it. The spread past 180M is terrible. Plus canister shells exploding as they near their target would look really awesome. More than any weapon I am all for different munitions being added in for the LBX.

#62 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image

I'm sorry, it had to be done. I was waaaaaay too bored.

FOR ALL LEGAL REASONS AND STUFF LIKE THAT:

Yes the pose was referenced, don't sue me.

Yes it was done in 15 min, it isn't exactly HD.

Yes she's 18 or older... I think.

YOLO

#63 Mentaro

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hey I know that guy.

#64 Spinning Burr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 429 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

No one is happy with one LBX gun, but Atlas pilots are happy with two of them. Meanwhile, Ilya pilots aren't satisfied with two but are happy with three. I have another suggestion with the shotgun. Add dumbfire SRM's to your LBX build. SRM's are basically another shotgun in this game. I've found that the spread pattern of SRM4 matches well with the LBX, whereas the SRM6 spreads too wide even compared to the LBX spread. Artemis doesn't really change it that much. Fire your LBX shotgun along with one or more SRM4's and you have a destructive weapon under 100m. Best mechs for this combo are the dragon (esp Flame with both hardpoints on torso or 1N with 2xSRM4), the Phract 2X, and the pheasant of all mechs (Centurian). Picture the Cent-A unloading its LBX10 as well as 3 salvos of SRM4 at the same time. At a Commando.

Edited by Spinning Burr, 15 January 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#65 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostJokerVictor, on 15 January 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Awesome, use it as a flanker... it doesn't have the straight firepower for frontal assaults. It's great in a brawl, can outmaneuver most anything, just get good at JJ turning.

Edit: I built mine around an XL 300, btw.

Word. I'm far more inclined to play the flanker/skirmisher role than a frontal assault brawler. Definitely going to give it a try.

#66 Riotfellow

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostLynette Steffeld, on 15 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

VIABILITY OF LBX-10 OUTSIDE OF LIGHT HUNTING.

DISCUSS.

I run a dual LBX-10, MLAS and MPL on my -3D and it excels at long range fire support (well, <100m is sort of long range right?). I had initially bought the 3D as a backup for my -4X (which featured 4xAC2 until today) and it is now my go-to mech for massive lulz.
Nothing beats creeping up on an Atlas or a fellow Cataphract, with a staggering top speed of 48.6 kph!, and giving 'em a bit of double barreled buckshot, plus the low heat is great for when the giant red letters pop up and this female voice is screaming "Please stop, I am melting!"

BTW, I'm currently in the market for a new 'phract, besides the already awesome (perhaps the wrong word considering the circumstances) advice in this thread, do you guys have any tips?

Edited by Riotfellow, 15 January 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#67 Mathmatics

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 275 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Funny and here I thought I was clever with this build. Been running it since it came out.

#68 Spinning Burr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 429 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostRiotfellow, on 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

I run a dual LBX-10, MLAS and MPL on my -3D and it excels at long range fire support (well, <100m is sort of long range right?). I had initially bought the 3D as a backup for my -4X (which featured 4xAC2 until today) and it is now my go-to mech for massive lulz.
Nothing beats creeping up on an Atlas or a fellow Cataphract, with a staggering top speed of 48.6 kph!, and giving 'em a bit of double barreled buckshot, plus the low heat is great for when the giant red letters pop up and this female voice is screaming "Please stop, I am melting!"

BTW, I'm currently in the market for a new 'phract, besides the already awesome (perhaps the wrong word considering the circumstances) advice in this thread, do you guys have any tips?

Two LBX's on a 3D is interesting. The hardpoints on right arm and right torso will allow for a lot of overlap of the scattered shot and you can imagine it as a true double barrel shotgun dealing a Venn diagram of love. Will have to try. Don't know if my 3D will play along. It's been groomed as a jumping sniper with precision fire distance weaponry. It may likely scorn the shotgun as a weapon for peasants, but I'll try to convince it.

#69 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

As this discussion is mainly about the CTF's build possibilities (with an entertaining twist though) it got moved to the Battlemechs section.

#70 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Having slept through the patch as usual I wake up to find that one of the spiders have ECM, and the other one has dual ballistic on one of its arms.

Now if only the ****** weren't 30T, I'd make a UAC5 joke.

... Technically still possible to squeeze in dual AC2s by limiting engine... but let's not go there.

Now, time to test that LBX-cannon-to-spider-face thing I've been thinking about...

EDIT:

View PostSpinning Burr, on 15 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Two LBX's on a 3D is interesting.

View PostTaizan, on 15 January 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

As this discussion is mainly about the CTF's build possibilities (with an entertaining twist though) it got moved to the Battlemechs section.

I also didn't notice that we got RELOCATED until I looked at it properly. LOLWUT

And yes we get to hunt more than Pheasant AND Quail now. I suggest spiders be given the callsign of "Kiwi".

What, it ACTUALLY flies? Well... I dunno. *Shrug*

Edited by Lynette Steffeld, 15 January 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#71 Punkass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Im finishing off my master effeciencies for the Cataphract, and I love the 1X config that OP runs. Yeah, its a HBK 4G on steroids, but it gets the job done.

My 2X config uses a 300 Standard, 3ML, 2 Streaks 2s and an AC10. You can also swap the AC10 for an LB10X and get an extra heat sink, but it runs pretty cool either way.

I finished off my 4X the other night and sold it, as it was my least favorite out of the 3 variants that I had. I ran it with a 250 Standard, 2 LB10X's, 2ML, and a Streak 2 in the head. I ran it like that because of my tendencies to brawl in close quarters instead of hang back and pick at people with ACs, which is how I think this variant was intended to be played.

#72 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Dual gauss ilya.. ..monster. Slow as hell, but can walk right up to an atlas front on and walk off the winner with most armour ;)

#73 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostSpinning Burr, on 15 January 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

I blew off the 1X all this time in favor of all other variants including Muromets hero. What a mistake. 300 standard engine hauling 76 kph with 5 medium lasers and an AC20 and heat efficiency of 1.2 with the DHS. All weapons primed for exactly same range of 270m or less. Shoots the 5 lasers together at least 5 times in succession before overheating (at a cost of only 5 tons!) for 25 points damage not counting the freaking AC20! No XL engine means you have to core the center torso protected with 70 points of armor. What a beast. First real brawler I like. It is melting other mechs.

For double XP weekend I was able to move into a new chassis. It is wonderful. Thanks.
So far I even like it better than the Ilya Muromets. The AC20 lets you hit hard and then twist and show them an arm. Ilya requires you to pound them so it means they get a really good long look at your face.

Edited by ElLocoMarko, 20 January 2013 - 06:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users