47 replies to this topic

#21 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Back when FO3 was still in development, there was a guy who trolled the forums almost every day, criticizing every image or scrap of information that was released. He literally kept ranting about how horrible the game would be until the day of release.

Sadly, the internet gives the vocal minority a very big spotlight. I for one am very glad that the Battletech universe is finally getting some attention. Even if this game isn't perfect, it's a start.

#22 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

I totally agree.

On the other hand, I guess we can just delete the other threads, and just have one that says "let us know, guys!" and we can all sign it and shut down the forums until they release it.

#23 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Why did you dig this up?

#24 Halfinax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

I agree that negativety is to be expected, and some of it I understand their reasoning. However I've seen what gregsolidus is talking about too. Where people are jumping to, frankly, wild speculation based on some vague wording in the FAQ or an interview. It sometimes is just so far removed from the literal meaning of what is said that it boggles one's mind. I think as long as we aren't tearing each other or the devs down it's alright, but let's keep things reasonable.

#25 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

View Postcybrid, on 31 October 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

I'm sure similar things were said about the Wickerman remake. We're gamers, we're cynical by nature. Look at it this way: If all the naysayers are wrong and the game does become totally awesome, break out the champagne : D Until then, it might be a good idea not to get one's hopes up too much.

Lol who are you trying to kid?

Even if the game came out tomorrow and is the most awesome game ever in the history of mankind, the forums will still be filled with endless bickering, complaints and whining. Because everyone thinks that they know better. Not necessarily a bad thing...but there you have it.

Not once in all my years of gaming did I ever see a game's or MMO's forums actually filled with everyone singing kumbaya and backpatting each other. The only time the forums are actually quiet and peaceful is when the game is dying or dead.

edit : wow its a necro thread haha

Edited by rollermint, 10 November 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#26 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'd say I'm guardedly optimistic. I'm excited that MW is coming back. I'm nervous about the business model as I've had more negative experiences with it than good. I'm really seeing more brainstorming than negativity here. Even if people are conflicted on what they want to see, we all have a decade of ideas built up and are doing a brain dump while it might have a chance of influencing the game. I guarantee the devs are reading the boards even if they aren't responding much.

#27 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

Its a shame that they have to ignore most of it (Hey guys,wouldn't it be cool if you lost your mech when you die?,No clans plz.,lets have pilots pass out!).

#28 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

View Postgregsolidus, on 31 October 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

Really guys,really?Can we move away from knee **** reactions and just be happy that Mech Warrior is,in fact, back from the dead,not in a Mech Assault-esque form,and is a free MMO of all things?If your happy and you know it raise your hand *raises hand*.

You must be new to the internet if you're actually surprised that people give their opinion (positive or negative) whenever and wherever they can. So let me be the first to welcome you here! :)

#29 Baba Yogi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 452 posts
  • LocationIstanbul

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 10 November 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

I'd say I'm guardedly optimistic. I'm excited that MW is coming back. I'm nervous about the business model as I've had more negative experiences with it than good. I'm really seeing more brainstorming than negativity here. Even if people are conflicted on what they want to see, we all have a decade of ideas built up and are doing a brain dump while it might have a chance of influencing the game. I guarantee the devs are reading the boards even if they aren't responding much.

I think people are not sure what to expect from a game that is supposed to be both a simulation and an rpg. Both genre has a lot of conflicting ideas and its kind of scary when you do not know how the balance gonna be. I think we need to wait for devs to leak more information before we can expect great brainstorming.

#30 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

View Postgregsolidus, on 11 November 2011 - 12:45 AM, said:

Its a shame that they have to ignore most of it (Hey guys,wouldn't it be cool if you lost your mech when you die?,No clans plz.,lets have pilots pass out!).

Bryan Eckman said he was interested in pilots passing out... http://mwomercs.com/...ch/page__st__40 page 3. He likes that mechanic.

Are you sure your mech fantasy is completely in line with the Devs? I keep imagining that it does, but then they surprise me.

#31 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

He doesn't like it, he merely said if done properly it could be interesting before prefacing this by saying it could be a stick. The idea seems redundant considering your entire mech already shuts down when overheated,why do I need the pilot to do the same thing other than because they do it in the novels?

#32 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

View Postgregsolidus, on 11 November 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

He doesn't like it, he merely said if done properly it could be interesting before prefacing this by saying it could be a stick. The idea seems redundant considering your entire mech already shuts down when overheated,why do I need the pilot to do the same thing other than because they do it in the novels?

And the TT. Your pilot can be knocked out by taking too many head hits, ammo explosions, falling damage, etc, etc. Pilots having a chance to passout is well ingrained in BT lore.

#33 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Welcome to the internet.

You cant have your cake and eat it yadda yadda yadda add 345 more memes here.

Thing is even negative feedback is feedback,, aslong as its written with atleast some thought the devs can use that data.. or completly ignore everything we say and just do their thing *shrugs*

#34 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 11 November 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

And the TT. Your pilot can be knocked out by taking too many head hits, ammo explosions, falling damage, etc, etc. Pilots having a chance to passout is well ingrained in BT lore.

Not everything that is in TT needs to be here.

#35 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

I don't think anybody here is really angry, just cautious, maybe not even that. Mechwarrior is back from the dead, we don't want the game to have a bad taste in our mouths, we want it to be beautiful (and it will be). It's only fair that we can speak up about things we don't like.

#36 Halfinax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, I think the emotional investment a lot of us have in the universe of Battletech and Mechwarrior is really bringing up a lot of fear of what can be done wrong. It's just natural that the pessimists will assume all the worst will occur and all the optimists will assume the inverse. Mostly we are just seeing a clash of these two philosophies, and then the added clashing of what we ideally want from the game.

#37 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

It's even better when there is negative feedback. Wait to see what they say when the Dev's prove em wrong! Mechwarrior rules.

#38 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

View Postgregsolidus, on 31 October 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

not in a Mech Assault-esque form

Nice that you post this on a thread that YOU started about trying to stay POSITIVE.

So I guess it is only positive if YOU agree with it...

Edited by Red Beard, 11 November 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#39 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

I don't quite follow.

#40 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

I don't know whos being negative, this game shot up to the same spot in my heart
that Mass Effect 3 anticipation resides in. I have that much faith and hope for it!
LONG LIVE THE MECHWARRIORS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users