Pgi: Where's My Jenner-K's Ecm?

89 replies to this topic

#81 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostNankam, on 15 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Jenners are far from useless at the moment. The Jenner F, with its 6 laser hardpoints, is a great light/Raven 3L killer. The Jenner D with four lasers and two srms makes for a good hit run mech against larger mechs.

Having said that, the K should have ECM. It's basically a Raven 3L with one fewer missile hardpoint and one more laser hardpoint.

The jenner is THE mech that gets the absolute most out of the lagshield. So giving it ECM would make it even worse. After they get latency fixed and 100 precent of shots hit where you are aiming, THEN they are welcome to buffs. Till then lol no.

#82 4er3BaPa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationSerov, Russia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Where my CPLT-A1 ECM? I want a run Streak'o'Pults Crusade wars again!!!!
lol, barren topic

#83 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostClay Pigeon, on 15 January 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

If we had canon guardian ECM it wouldn't be as big of an issue. What we have now is closer to angel ECM, but more powerful (and lighter).

With stealth armor thrown in.

This is the core of my argument. ECM in MWO right now is far beyond what it should be doing compared to the source material.

#84 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostNankam, on 15 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Jenners are far from useless at the moment. The Jenner F, with its 6 laser hardpoints, is a great light/Raven 3L killer. The Jenner D with four lasers and two srms makes for a good hit run mech against larger mechs.

Having said that, the K should have ECM. It's basically a Raven 3L with one fewer missile hardpoint and one more laser hardpoint.

Take any Jenner you like, and I will kill it with a Raven-3L, with only taking nicky-scratchy armor damage.

#85 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostKunae, on 16 January 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

Take any Jenner you like, and I will kill it with a Raven-3L, with only taking nicky-scratchy armor damage.

Because the Raven's hitboxes are all f-ed up.

#86 VonRunnegen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostRiffleman, on 15 January 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

The jenner is THE mech that gets the absolute most out of the lagshield. So giving it ECM would make it even worse. After they get latency fixed and 100 precent of shots hit where you are aiming, THEN they are welcome to buffs. Till then lol no.

how's that? The Raven 3L gets the lagshield too (The other ravens are slower so not so much, burt they arn't the ECM one) and people alledge the hitboxes on the raven are more broken than on jenners. So the raven gets just as much pre-ECM impact and post-ECM is way better.

I think the ECM Raven should be one of the other variants.... maybe thats just me. I don't think the Jenner needs ECM - but ECM still should be nerf'd as it is way powerful and an auto-select option.

#87 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostBDU Havoc, on 16 January 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Because the Raven's hitboxes are all f-ed up.

True, but can do the same thing with a Commando-2D.

#88 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I (generally) eat up Ravens with my 2D. I can also kill most 2Ds with my 3L because I can actually make use of the 3 MPLAS I carry.

All the lights make use of lagshield, All of them make use of issues with the netcode. Most of them have 1 form of ECM or another. Only the Raven has an extremely poor hitbox/hit detection which makes the Raven one of the better (harder to destroy) lights in general, and the 3L in particular.

One thing that I DO NOT agree with is the fact that I can make my 3L with speed tweak go the same speed as my Jenner D with speed tweak.

#89 Orthodontist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 197 posts
  • LocationEndor, Moddell sector

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

I don't think its hate. And nothing is keeping you from fielding a Jenner.

Do you remember when everyone laughed at Ravens? It was the introduction of ECM that got people playing with the birds.

Now Jenners. Everyone piloted a Jenner. They were the bane of my existence and I felt forced to run a Streak Commando just to deal with the frustration.

The Jenner is still the hardest hitting light out there. So I imagine what will happen to the Raven if the Jenner ever had ECM? Yes, they will be rare again.

I personally think that any ECM equipped Mech should lose the ability to use streaks, just my humble two cents.

#90 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostOrthodontist, on 16 January 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

I personally think that any ECM equipped Mech should lose the ability to use streaks, just my humble two cents.

Any lock-on weapon, imo. But I do agree with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users