Please Stop With All The Negativity! You Are Killing This Game!

240 replies to this topic

#221 Antony Weiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 17 January 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

I've had one a many threads about treating negativity and all that. I know I can't stop it but I will damn well try.
Also I don't fully blame my fellow youngin's. Some adapted to the terrible online game environments of halo and CoD, gotta break that attitude.

Well, after all, this is series of tubes. Not a big truck.

Edited by Antony Weiner, 17 January 2013 - 01:21 AM.

#222 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

The Problem about the Forum Negativity is somehow selfinduced.

The Devs Answer in some thread about a Problem and then the Thread dies because the Problem was answered.
So this Answer moves on Page 3 or 4 of the Forum and because Game development isn't the Magic Key
and needs time to solve the Thread comes up again, by now even more annoyed Players.

Which don't look back about the Problem, now the Dev's are annoyed too because they already answered the
Question and don't want to spend time answering the Same Question again, and the Players feel aggrivated
by the Lag of Information. And the Bad weather the Problem caused is going worse.

Other read the Bad threads without Answer because they are on the Top list of the Forum, and of course
a reasonable Answer by the Developers would be pointed out?
No it isn't only some Players do this and Post such infos again.
So the Negativity grows, and so we are again moaning about ECM etc,
instead of Speculating what Modules Paul has in Mind to counter ECM.

SO a better Information Politic and filtering should be advised and would prevent a negativ Sparkle
caused by a Problem spread again.
As a Sparkle may cause a big Fire or ****storm.

So please a better Information Policy, small changes are needed with small effort to kill
most of the Negative Threads around here, giving you in the End back lot of time.

So remember

Posted Image

can prevent Fire.

(And maybe some of the smarter one here should repost valuable Information givin from the Developers again and again until they come up with a better Informativ Solution)

Edited by Elkarlo, 17 January 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#223 Booran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Well, general attitude on forums have more or less stopped me from posting. I'm just browsing the command chair section and general discussion only if I see an intresting topic highlighted.

#224 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

The basis for people's negativity on these forums is not without merit. They have always felt that their voice and opinions go unheard. They have continually asked for large problems in the game to be addressed and patch after patch, none of those problems are. Then, In the recent Q&A, a Dev states that "Due to the negativity on the forums, most Devs don't even read them anymore."

Way to fan the flames Devs !! Great PR.

The correct statement should have been:

"Do to the negativity on the forums, we are currently looking into ways to solve the problems that most upset our player base and what or should be fixed, will be in the near future." (Even if its a false statement.)

You need to keep your player base happy and its fairly apparent at this point, they just want to do their own thing. I hate to say it, I wouldn't have before that Q&A came out. I made a few posts stating that it takes time to solve problems (Netcode and such) but I just can't back up a company that so obviously thinks so little of the input of its player base.

Rage on !! Who cares, they probably won't see it anyway.......

#225 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostImperial X, on 17 January 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

The basis for people's negativity on these forums is not without merit. They have always felt that their voice and opinions go unheard. They have continually asked for large problems in the game to be addressed and patch after patch, none of those problems are. Then, In the recent Q&A, a Dev states that "Due to the negativity on the forums, most Devs don't even read them anymore."

Way to fan the flames Devs !! Great PR.

The correct statement should have been:

"Do to the negativity on the forums, we are currently looking into ways to solve the problems that most upset our player base and what or should be fixed, will be in the near future." (Even if its a false statement.)

You need to keep your player base happy and its fairly apparent at this point, they just want to do their own thing. I hate to say it, I wouldn't have before that Q&A came out. I made a few posts stating that it takes time to solve problems (Netcode and such) but I just can't back up a company that so obviously thinks so little of the input of its player base.

Rage on !! Who cares, they probably won't see it anyway.......

You do realize that the quoted Q&A is from November?

#226 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 17 January 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

You do realize that the quoted Q&A is from November?

No I apologize, I didn't realize that. Thank you for letting me know. Either way, I don't really see how it affects my statement at all. It was still said. I just didn't realize it until recently.

#227 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

What I'm afraid of is that there'll be nothing more in the end than endless whine-threads and only posts by people who think they know better than PGI in every aspect of the game development.
Which will lead too a small, angry fanbase (if any) and no new players and in the end development cease. :D

#228 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostImperial X, on 17 January 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

No I apologize, I didn't realize that. Thank you for letting me know. Either way, I don't really see how it affects my statement at all. It was still said. I just didn't realize it until recently.

To a bunch of people who paid to support the game. Yes there was a time when us being very 'angry' with PGI. We had a series of times where people did get angry. Like when the economy patches hit. Going from millions to 10-20k a match. But never did we upright and say [Redacted] you PGI and other vulgar things like we see now.

#229 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 17 January 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

But never did we upright and say [Redacted] you PGI and other vulgar things like we see now.

Are such statements made? Yes. Are they normal on the internet? Yes. However, these are not the ONLY statements made. In fact they're not even the majority. Forums trolls are not indicative of overall mood of the community.

Plenty of feedback threads have been angry but never insulting. And these are often the rule rather than the exception.

#230 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

To a bunch of people who paid to support the game. Yes there was a time when us being very 'angry' with PGI. We had a series of times where people did get angry. Like when the economy patches hit. Going from millions to 10-20k a match. But never did we upright and say [Redacted] you PGI and other vulgar things like we see now.

Apparently I'm missing the point of this thread. I wasn't aware posts had degenerated into pointless name calling and obscenities such as this. I only look at a few select posts a night and haven't run across one yet. Its actually sad that this is what the forums have apparently come to. I would like to say that the type of posting your referring to should be stopped immediately. If not to respect others, to have a little self-respect and to act like civilized people.

Edited by Imperial X, 17 January 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#231 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

The economy patches was part of the beta testing. No problem at all. Horrid netcode, bad matchmaking and very few new maps is not beta testing. It is simply ******* off your fans. Unless they test how much crap people are willing to eat. Then this is beta testing too but not a very nice one.

There may be light in the end of the tunnel but that damn tunnel seems to become longer and longer. Where is the end?

#232 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Thing is, if the ban hammer was swung on those that post incredibly unreasonable or whiney posts then the forum content would remain the same - just it would be less vitriolic. People do generally agree on what they would like tweaking/re-working and people do generally agree they would like more feed back on the forums from the Devs.

You do not have to be rude when making constructive criticism. You do not have to be absurdly angry when you come to the opinion that your points aren't been taken seriously. This isn't a very good community forum simply because too many people feel that the only way to re-enforce their points is by saying how angry they are, often across multiple threads. This is immature, which is a surprise considering the demographic the game is meant to attract.

#233 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostExoth3rmic, on 17 January 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

You do not have to be rude when making constructive criticism. You do not have to be absurdly angry when you come to the opinion that your points aren't been taken seriously. This isn't a very good community forum simply because too many people feel that the only way to re-enforce their points is by saying how angry they are, often across multiple threads. This is immature, which is a surprise considering the demographic the game is meant to attract.

This forum has a lot of brown nosing fanbois that really work hard to push the temperature up. When you mix that with broken hopes, you get a lot of angry people.

I also think that the devs are kinda bad at communication. If they had said that Phase 3 would not be part of the last patch it would lead to far less disappointment. People was sure that Phase 3 was the "thing" about the last patch. Instead we get another lag-happy ECM wielding light mech? That is a solid kick in the balls.

There was also hints about some kind of netcode fixing, not final but something. We actually saw that for the patch before this one but it got pulled out so the logic thing to expect is that they put it in the next right? Against they could just have said that that would not be so.

#234 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Posts like these:

2 I did like that particular comment by lonestar on page 4
3 Didn't like some of the comments.
4 The Whole MWLL thing. Yeah it oozes hate.
5 What was the point of a post like this, even for trolling.

Listen I am on page six of general discussion. I am reading through every other bloody post. I could find more the farther back I go.

I don't even know if I want to touch patch feedback or any other segments at the moment. In fact some threads are locked. I was going to link another one but it looks like it got fully deleted.

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 17 January 2013 - 02:12 AM.

#235 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 17 January 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

This forum has a lot of brown nosing fanbois that really work hard to push the temperature up. When you mix that with broken hopes, you get a lot of angry people.

I also think that the devs are kinda bad at communication. If they had said that Phase 3 would not be part of the last patch it would lead to far less disappointment. People was sure that Phase 3 was the "thing" about the last patch. Instead we get another lag-happy ECM wielding light mech? That is a solid kick in the balls.

There was also hints about some kind of netcode fixing, not final but something. We actually saw that for the patch before this one but it got pulled out so the logic thing to expect is that they put it in the next right? Against they could just have said that that would not be so.

I love how you made a title, almost derogatory title for people who are passionate about the game and have faith in PGI.
The dev's also aren't that bad at communication. People just don't find the responses very easily unless they flag a post. You can find answers from devs like Paul. And its been state that dev's even scrim games. And that some stay in the office til 11pm.

#236 the big fat scrubber

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

To the OP

I was walking across a footbridge the other day above a busy freeway. As i was walking I saw a guy precariously walking along the railing finding it difficult to balance.

I said to the guy 'Hey, what are you doing don't you realise that you're gonna fall off into moving traffic if you carry on walking along that, get down!'

He said 'Havn't you got anything positive to say, you're so negative'

I felt really bad about saying something negative so I kept my mouth shut and carried on.

He got about half way across, fell off, and died whilst causing a massive crash and causing more deaths.

The moral of the story is... stuff your comments about people being negative up your own backside you grinning false-overopmistic, fawning, loathsome snivelling roadkill *****.

#237 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 17 January 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

have faith in PGI.

What do you base that faith on? Its it something like faith in God, ***** or Hubbard? Just something you believe and
have zero backing for in reality?

edit; why does the Muslim name for "God" get hit by the ***** system? That is hilarious.

Edited by Ilwrath, 17 January 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#238 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 17 January 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Posts like these:

2 I did like that particular comment by lonestar on page 4
3 Didn't like some of the comments.
4 The Whole MWLL thing. Yeah it oozes hate.
5 What was the point of a post like this, even for trolling.

Listen I am on page six of general discussion. I am reading through every other bloody post. I could find more the farther back I go.

I don't even know if I want to touch patch feedback or any other segments at the moment. In fact some threads are locked. I was going to link another one but it looks like it got fully deleted.

you're quiet right i've made only one or two comments in those threads just to lock them as they are flames for flames sake. i don't care if i get in the most heated of arguments about a major game mechanic or a current situation for x this or y that but threads such as those are ridiculous and help no one.

#239 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostArkmaus, on 16 January 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

The funny thing is when I am in-game I hardly ever see negativity. Everybody seems to be having a great time, me included.

Come to the forums and you'd think PGI broke into people's houses and kicked their dog.

The people who enjoy the game are playing the game. The people who dont enjoy the game still can't tear themselves away from the game, so they spend their time lurking on the forum desperate to be noticed/listened to.

active forum users probably only make up about 10-20% TOPS of the playerbase, the ones who spend a lot of time arent playing the game that much or posting kneejerk reactions to w/e just killed them.

#240 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 17 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

I don't fully agree without because most of the suggestions that have been made are horrible. Weapon balance has been and probably will always be an issue, especially if clan tech does become available.

True, a lot of suggestions are just plain silly, but you have to admit that there were more than enough really good ones. Weapon balance doesn't have to be that big of an issue - TT is fairly balanced (aside from a very few weapons that are generally considered useless). PGI, on the other hand, managed to turn it into a much bigger issue than one would think possible, and they did it for no apparent reason (at least I can't come up with any possible reason for them doing what they did).

Things like matchmaking I will always contest. I dislike using ELO. It punishes people who play solo and often get bad teammates. It can lock people who want to improve on the lower scale.

I have to disagree - Elo would actually work just fine in this regard. If you play solo and get bad teammates, your Elo rating will be low. This means that you will be matched against other PUGs or really bad premades, you won't get matched against a decent premade, as their Elo will be much higher than yours. In effect, it would separate queues.

But this and many other variations have been suggested and this won out. For this one they listened. ELO is not a system of ranking designed for teams. Besides an ELO ranking doesn't fix things like team compositions. And battlevalue or tonnage lmit is not going to help by adding more values for the matchmaker to account for.

BV actually would not just help, but fix a whole lot of issues with team compositions (if not all of them), including Clan tech. However, BV would only work when team size is not static. Ability to drop with lower numbers, but higher BV is an absolute must-have. Otherwise, MM would have a lot of trouble trying to find a match for you.

Oh, and PGI didn't really listen. Nobody asked for 8v8 queue to be completely unrestricted, we pretty much knew that it would be a disaster from the start. Same goes for 4-man limit in the PUG queue - forcing premades to be teamed up with PUGs only causes grief to both, premades are unhappy about "having to carry useless puggies" and PUGs are unhappy about "getting roflstomped by premades".

Here's what playerbase actually wanted and asked for:
Units (a.k.a competitive teams) want a team queue limited by BV (tonnage or weight class is just poor man's BV and is only acceptable as temporary solution) AND a separate, completely unrestricted "queue" that allows to fight against a predetermined opponent (for tournaments, Clan trials, training, and so on).
PUGs want a solo-only queue of their own.

What did we get instead? Right, we got a mesed-up PUG queue that allows premades and equally messed up team queue that is not balanced by anything, doesn't allow to challenge a predetermined opponent, and leaves teams of 5,6, and 7 out in the wind.

CW is something that devs have talked about and is a major selling point. I can't talk for them. Maybe it is being developed but not released. We don't know yet. I reserve judgement on this.

This is exactly the problem - CW is practically the game, it should have become top priority item for PGI long time ago. Yet, we haven't even seen any detailed design for it, let alone any kind of implementation.

Also what implementations have gone so awry? If you say equipment stop there. We all know TT equipment did some times that MWO doesn't but thats because TT is played from a different perspective of god aerial. PGI has to make up what they should do and how they act and then adjust accordingly.

See above - MM, CW (lack of implementation), weapon balance, social features (for crying out loud, we still don't have a scrollbar in the chat, let alone general chat, lobby, proper black list, etc.), as far as equipment goes - ECM that was never supposed to completely negate any weapon, convergence system.

And Netcode is just an issue of insufficient programmers in that respect but they now have a dedicated team for it. Things like collision are tied to that so it might not have worked but by god PGI knows it and will fix it.

I can certainly agree with you here.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users