I Give Pgi One More Pach To Just Comment On The Ecm Or I Boycot This Game. Are You In With Me?

165 replies to this topic

Poll: Boycot (374 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you participate in this?

1. Yes (67 votes [17.91%])

Percentage of vote: 17.91%

2. No (307 votes [82.09%])

Percentage of vote: 82.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Truthfully, ECM only really bothers me because its just such bad game design. This is evident by the effect it's had on Mech loadouts, and the simple fact the problem it was meant to solve (streaking) is just as prevalent as always. I am 100% certain that ECM is stupid, but its not game breaking for me. If ECM sticks around as is, well it sucks, but it wont ruin the game for me.

The thing that is getting me to put down the game once my founder time ticks off is the matchmaker. Problem is, the MM magnifies all the other problems in the game... the cheese builds ( 3l's ), the OP nature of ECM, the advantages of premades and yes, rarely even 8man drops. First off, because the MM does a **** poor job at balancing distrobution, and second because an organized premade gets such a benefit from it that PUGs often wont. A premade can drop knowing they have ECM and a dedicated tagger, so the can also have a STK LRM boat and know it will work, pugs cant.

Something that is OP in general, but becomes MORE OP for others... that I have a big issue with and it is ruining the games fun for me.

#102 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

LETS ALL PLAY AS ECM-RAVENS and ATLASES, steamroll a dev and see how quickly it gets changed

I say less than 12 hours after a dev death.

#103 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Sad thing is, I think the dev team is also 8 x RVN-3L

#104 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Have you listened the NGNG #56: Happy New Year! podcast? There is little chat about EMC and why it isn't 'fixed' yet. Boycot? What a joke. The first Mechwarrior game to come out in years, just to Boycot it? Over issues that all can be summed up as 'beta'? I don't think so.

Please take all the information into account before you post. Please understand that it's beta. It's playable, but not finished.

#105 Vulture2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

already in. played 800 battles before ecm and not more than 3 per patch after it..

IT SHOULD NOT AFFECT MY DIRECT FIRE MECHS AT ALL, IT WORKS VS ******* ARTEMIS

Thats a +2 Roll on the missile table of BT.. no I WIN, YOU BLIND, BUTTON

i want to like this game but i cant.. thats why i still care.. also for the 17k unused MC on my account -.-

#106 Battle Hawk

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

NO... I'm not leaving... ECM is fine... Everything will work out, with time...

#107 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostBattle Hawk, on 15 January 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

NO... I'm not leaving... ECM is fine... Everything will work out, with time...

Lol no.

I already dont play anymore so cant join boycott. Still check every so often to see if heads have miraculously been removed from their dark confines. No luck so far.

#108 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

See all of you boycotting peeps later.

I support these guys, and they are making improvements.

#109 Biruke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

boycotte your mom's breakfasts too

#110 ElcomeSoft

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

ECM is a problem but not a significant one. There are much more pressing priorities to deal with in the game. It's initial implementation was a real pain in the backside and OP. It has been balanced since then and although could do with some tweaking, it isn't half as bad as it was and the game is still great fun.

Step-by-step guide for the OP:
  • Cry me a river
  • Build a bridge
  • Get the <asterisks> over it

#111 langer0r

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hi,

methinks that game is f2p and beta, so anything happening right now is testing, balancing and improving, maybe trying out sth.

Gamers who play BETAs should be calm and constructive, not threatening or demanding.

Im playing this game for only two weeks now, spend 15 $ and im satisfied. if i feel more comfortable (sure, i see downsides too, like in every game (not only betas)) mb ill spend more or play more.

As long as this game is a BETA, you cant expect anything. Take what u get, rate and comment (constructive) and see the game developing.
I say, better an open BETA with maybe broken stuff in it, than no game at all :)

Im 32 years old and played many BETAs, believe me its always the same...just stay calm and enjoy what u get from the devs.

On topic: I see an increasing use of ECM on every mech i encounter. Good? Bad? Dont know. Im still noob ;) Getting an advantage even more if u playing premade? Sure as hell. But thats different story. 1 Mech with ECM isnt unbeatable nor gets an uncounterable advantage. Anything else is Matchmaking (which is far down the developers list, methinks cause of my experience with other f2p online multiplayer games).
Besides im playing Assault or Heavy so im annoyed by this flies with a sting as well ;)

And one last word:
I absolutely love to see those 8 man groups stomping a pubgame. How much fun do they have, loading the game every 4 minutes, always win, no tension? Yeah, not really funny, maybe 1 of 100 games if they meet another 8 man group.

Take it easy guys, nobody forces u to play or spend money.

#112 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Patch after Patch (New Order - Round&Round)

I just can't help thinking
What you've done to me
You built a wall of codes and tore it right down
In front of me
And you think you know what's going on
You keep telling me that I am wrong (Paul Inouye “The effect [of ECM] is working as intended...")
I don't care about what you do
'Cause if you mess up MW I'll get rid of you

The picture you see is no portrait of MW
It's too real to be shown to someone I don't know
And it's driving me wild
It makes me act like a child

You think I am crazy, but what can I do
You waste your [developer] time, like my money
It ain't so funny, but it's true
(Don't waste my money, PGI)
Now you can't tell me what's going on
And that I am weak while you are strong
What is it please, that makes my screen bleed
Do you really know? 'Cause it doesn't show

And it's driving me wild

Now you can't tell me what's going on
And that I am weak while you are strong
What is it please, that makes my screen bleed
Do you really know? 'Cause it doesn't show

And it's driving me wild

#113 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostMagitek, on 15 January 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

Have you listened the NGNG #56: Happy New Year! podcast? There is little chat about EMC and why it isn't 'fixed' yet. Boycot? What a joke. The first Mechwarrior game to come out in years, just to Boycot it? Over issues that all can be summed up as 'beta'? I don't think so.

Please take all the information into account before you post. Please understand that it's beta. It's playable, but not finished.

If I have to listen to 3rd party podcast to learn more than from the official forums, then something is definitely wrong.

I guess MW-fandom fixes alot of issues, but to me they are just as clunky, cool and beautiful as WW2 tanks.

#114 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Can't wait to see the reaction when they add the feature where ECM scrambles your HUD. *chomps popcorn*

#115 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I am 100% against the stupid way ECM is at the moment but I still enjoy the game. That said, I won't be throwing any more money at this game until they fix ECM, but I will play it.

#116 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

PGI is doing an awesome job - it's a huge, huge game - read the updates regarding netcode, weapons, mechs - and learn to chill out.

Oh, and type less, learn to play better.

:)

Turn that frown upside down.

Later homies....

#117 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I really don;t understand what the fuss is about with ECM.
It works how it should work, and it is an element of the game, you have to look where you are shooting, and not just press "R" and shoot only the things with a red triangle above it.

And to respond to the TT / functionality whining in this thread.

[QQ responds]
- totally outside canon TT functionality
-It's not supposed to be an AOE cloaking device.
[/QQ responds]

Battletech Lore:

TheGuardian ECM Suitewas introduced in2597by the Terran Hegemony[1]. Designed to interfere with guided weaponry, targeting computers, and communication systems, the Guardian is typically used to shield allied units from such equipment by emitting a broad-band signal meant to confuse radar, infrared, ultraviolet, magscan and sonar sensors
(...)
The greatest drawback to the Guardian is its limited range, which extends out to only 180 meters. Sensors can sometimes override this jamming, though by that point the enemy unit is already within visual range and can track the opposition with their own eyes.

And MW:O functionality:

All friendly Mechs (including the one with the ECM) within the range of an ECM in disrupt mode (180 m) are ‘cloaked’ from enemy sensors. Mechs that are hidden in this manner are marked with a symbol that looks like an eye.

So please tell me why it isn't working as intended..

Edited by Kain, 16 January 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#118 Zulu Alpha Irish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Problem: solve for ECM

If ECM = Mech+LRM+Streak

then ECM > Mech

If ECM = Mech + Laser + Ballistics
---------------------------------
open your eyes

then ECM < Mech

#119 Gargoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCoastal Finland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

No, i am not, on the contrary, if it would be up to me, i would kick you out of this game myself... JUst for posting crap like this. GO on, quit, i dare you.
And double dare you.

Really, just quit.

#120 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostKain, on 16 January 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

TheGuardian ECM Suitewas introduced in2597by the Terran Hegemony[1]. Designed to interfere with guided weaponry, targeting computers, and communication systems, the Guardian is typically used to shield allied units from such equipment by emitting a broad-band signal meant to confuse radar, infrared, ultraviolet, magscan and sonar sensors
(...)
The greatest drawback to the Guardian is its limited range, which extends out to only 180 meters. Sensors can sometimes override this jamming, though by that point the enemy unit is already within visual range and can track the opposition with their own eyes.

By reading that I get the impression that the target acquisition jamming should only happen INSIDE the 180m, not outside the 200m as it is now functioning. The part you quoted speaks of drawbacks, but I see no drawbacks in the current implement of the ECM in MWO

Also my sensors have never 'sometimes override this jamming'.

Edited by twibs, 16 January 2013 - 12:49 AM.

70 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 70 guests, 0 anonymous users