I Give Pgi One More Pach To Just Comment On The Ecm Or I Boycot This Game. Are You In With Me?

165 replies to this topic

Poll: Boycot (374 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you participate in this?

1. Yes (67 votes [17.91%])

Percentage of vote: 17.91%

2. No (307 votes [82.09%])

Percentage of vote: 82.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

You're Trippin' HomeBoy

#22 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

View Posttwibs, on 15 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

All PGI has to do is give us a comment about the state of the ECM. I don't need a fix for it, just comment.

If it's fine, then please tell us your thoughts why you think so.
If you intend to bring some balancing factors, then just a hint is enough

Something! Anything! This lack of acknowledgement is getting ridiculous, even in the 'Ask the devs' that We know they are reading.

Comment or I'm out. Del this post, I don't care. I've making my stand right here.

And I don't those ForumWarriors who vote yes but then backdown from their claim. If you vote yes then you better keep it!

i believe ecm is fine. this is why...... i use tag, light up targets and have no problem unless i get ecmswarmed, and that doesent happen much.

i hope they will seperate the ecm field on individual mechs, as it is currently it appears that overlapping enemy ecm can not be shot into if you are in connecting bubbles......

i could be wrong but i have seen this happen once or twice. may be some other random bug.....

#23 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Garth was on no guts no galaxy podcast last week and he already said they would probably be tweaking something with ECM in the future.

If you're freaking out this badly over ECM you probably should take a break. Even if they do change some stuff with ECM or add something it will be weeks if not months from now.

#24 Omni Tek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostJames Montana, on 15 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

If I hear one more person complain about ECM, I'm going to throw up! ah... <puke> I hope you're happy, Losers. Just shut up about ECM already, for the love of GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ECM is bad and you should feel bad :D

Also to all you people claiming *ECM is fine blah blah net code* I am a **** poor pilot, but if I use my comando (stock engine going about 90 kph) with ECM my game preformance spikes eratically..soo yeah it's not fine XD

#25 Matt Minus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Haven't the devs already said that they think ECM is fine?

#26 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

So, OP, PGI should fear this ultimatum, posed by a free to play player because, why, the huge amounts of money they will lose if you quit playing? Give me a break! I vote no, I would rather have PGI take their time and fix things the right way.

#27 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostMatt Minus, on 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Haven't the devs already said that they think ECM is fine?

And we have made countless counter arguments why it's not. Saying 'It's fine' is not a comment, it's disregarding the matter.

#28 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

As one who plays all rolls and classes..

I think ECM is OK. (I could name 1-2 things I would change, but they're not critical.)

Also: your poll makes me chuckle.

Edited by Livewyr, 15 January 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#29 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Postquasihuman, on 15 January 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

So, OP, PGI should fear this ultimatum, posed by a free to play player because, why, the huge amounts of money they will lose if you quit playing? Give me a break! I vote no, I would rather have PGI take their time and fix things the right way.

Why do people think I want fix? I don't. I just want to them explaining the ECM and why they think it's okay.

Also what makes you think I'm F2P player. I own 2 hero mechs, several mech slots and couple moths of premium time. I regret nothing.

We have tried asking them, no we try to make them see with different approach.

View PostLivewyr, on 15 January 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Also: your poll makes me chuckle.

Yes, all fuzzy and warm inside.

#30 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

There needs to be a more effective counter against ECM, or a way to disrupt it more, sure. ECM is currently limiting the competitive 'mech selection down to a handful of variants and I find that unacceptable.

However, I'm sure not boycotting the game over it.

That said, I personally know of some people that have gone inactive over it, because they hate being stuck in the same 'mech configs over and over, which again, you're forced to do for any serious competitiveness.*

* If you're not in a RHOD team doing serious 8-man drops right now, please, please don't bother telling me how you can use your ninja badassery to ignore ECM. What works against PUGs does not work against coordinated teams, specifically because the ECM shatters coordination above all else.

#31 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postkrash27, on 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

The best way to stop playing if you are not happy with the state of the game as it is right here, right now is just to........stop playing and check back on patch days (like myself and alot of others). Posting this kinda poll will get you flamed every dern time.

To each their own though

Yes, but the sad thing is I care for the game. Now I'm stating my reasons for leaving it:

LACK OF COMMUNICATION to a pressing matter.

#32 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

NO.

This is a great game in development. I will stay.

#33 Jaggar Boo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

What is wrong with ECM? I don't read the forums much but play a lot. I use direct fire weapons most of the time so I don't need a lock. So I am not sure why people think ECM is OP or messes with them.

I pilot the Cent mostly.

#34 SteelShreader

Rookie

• 1 posts

View Posttwibs, on 15 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

All PGI has to do is give us a comment about the state of the ECM. I don't need a fix for it, just comment.

If it's fine, then please tell us your thoughts why you think so.
If you intend to bring some balancing factors, then just a hint is enough

Something! Anything! This lack of acknowledgement is getting ridiculous, even in the 'Ask the devs' that We know they are reading.

Comment or I'm out. Del this post, I don't care. I've making my stand right here.

And I don't those ForumWarriors who vote yes but then backdown from their claim. If you vote yes then you better keep it!

If you do leave are you going to still come on the forums and act like a moron like 90% of the people that claim to hate the game and leave? Or are you going to be gone.. gone for good. Maybe I can make a poll about that.

#35 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

The problem i see is not only the ECM itself.
Its the ECM together with light Mechs.
I pilot them a lot and the problem that i see is, pilot a light Mech with SSRM's & ECM or get ripped in parts in a few seconds and thats kind of a boring gameplay ... being forced to have ECM & SSRM's in your Mech in order to fight other lights ... and also let Beagle or some module counter ECM in some way ... but anyway ... hope with the new netcode scouts like the spider, jenner, or cicada actually become usefull again and have a chance vs ECM+SSRM boating scouts ...

#36 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

This is a purely inflammatory OP and is of no value to the community.

Take whatever action you personally feel necessary to enjoy the game (or not).

#37 Ptom

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

What the state of the current MWO forums reminds me of:

http://www.youtube.c...3T7s7XY#t=1m08s

#38 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostSteelShreader, on 15 January 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

If you do leave are you going to still come on the forums and act like a moron like 90% of the people that claim to hate the game and leave? Or are you going to be gone.. gone for good. Maybe I can make a poll about that.

No, I only act like moron 10% of the time, otherwise I'm very constructive player.

But sometimes things just boil over, so this is my moment of 10%, so bear with me.

#39 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Not just, no. But, HELL NO!

It's a very bad reason to boycot and ECM isn't that bad. I had no real gripe with it before and after reading one of the developers comments to someone from the media. I was even more satisfied with it. The description goes perfectly with one of my favorite lines, "Isn't being ready for anything, part of being a good gamer?"

Some examples of how to deal with ECM: Another ECM (Not the best method because it just breeds dependence on it), seperate the ECM Mech from the group, focus fire on the ECM Mech (If multiple. Pick on and burn it down with focus fire), TAG, Direct fire weapons, dumbfireiing missiles (Hard to aim. But, it still works).

#40 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Just play an ECM mech and win. Before 90% of the mechs fielded are ECM mechs, don't expect any changes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users