I Give Pgi One More Pach To Just Comment On The Ecm Or I Boycot This Game. Are You In With Me?

165 replies to this topic

Poll: Boycot (374 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you participate in this?

1. Yes (67 votes [17.91%])

Percentage of vote: 17.91%

2. No (307 votes [82.09%])

Percentage of vote: 82.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Malora Sidewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

View Posttwibs, on 15 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

All PGI has to do is give us a comment about the state of the ECM. I don't need a fix for it, just comment.

If it's fine, then please tell us your thoughts why you think so.
If you intend to bring some balancing factors, then just a hint is enough

Something! Anything! This lack of acknowledgement is getting ridiculous, even in the 'Ask the devs' that We know they are reading.

Comment or I'm out. Del this post, I don't care. I've making my stand right here.

And I don't those ForumWarriors who vote yes but then backdown from their claim. If you vote yes then you better keep it!

great post would read again

#42 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Well twibs, congratulations of bringing every SSRM-spamming ECM-apologist troll on the forums down to visit you.

View PostJman5, on 15 January 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Garth was on no guts no galaxy podcast last week and he already said they would probably be tweaking something with ECM in the future.

If you're freaking out this badly over ECM you probably should take a break. Even if they do change some stuff with ECM or add something it will be weeks if not months from now.

But what he said - sometimes we all just need a little break. ECM has cheapened the game dramatically, but it isn't unplayable; I'm not sure what good a boycott would do anyway, and it sure wouldn't help with testing all the other (potentially broken) stuff moving through the pipeline. Which is, theoretically, the point of a Beta.

#43 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostEddrick, on 15 January 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Some examples of how to deal with ECM:

Another ECM (Not the best method because it just breeds dependence on it),

Equipment countring itself is not an answer

seperate the ECM Mech from the group,

Not all players are stupid enough to fall for that

focus fire on the ECM Mech (If multiple. Pick on and burn it down with focus fire),

Is it that Raven on the left or right? wait, is that our own Raven or not? Oh wait, shoot the left, the LEFT! Damn, Most of our team isn't in the voice chat. I'll just write that... left... oh dam now the Raven moved right, del del del... etc.

ECM disables target info, so focus firing is difficult. It also cloaks your armor data, making the enemy guess at which point to aim at since they cannot see which point is the weakest.

TAG,

Not working under 180m and good luck keeping it on light anything over 500m

Direct fire weapons,

Just about the only thing, but once again with the lack of focus fire this become moot. Direct fire weapons work for any mech, how is ECM any more prone to those apart from the fact that other things are 'less prone'.

dumbfireiing missiles (Hard to aim. But, it still works).

Ummm... no.

#44 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Losing strength to reiterate the obvious...

- netcode
- tripping
- matchmaker balancing

Ok, so netcode is due for fix next patch and in coming weeks. Thats step 1 to resolving issues with ECM. There you go, does not explicitly state ECM but is part of the problem. Boycott over :D

#45 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 15 January 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Well twibs, congratulations of bringing every SSRM-spamming ECM-apologist troll on the forums down to visit you.

Well thank you. I feel very honored.

#46 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hopefully PGI will soon give us a more serious update patch that shows the new UI, re-adds collisions, comments on community warfare and fixes jumpjets & ECM.

Until such a time commenting should be reserved, but where pre-ecm I was greatly enjoying this game, I'm finding this more and more difficult with each patch not just due to the lack of features, but partially due to dev silence on the core issues & expectations of the community.

However, with the holidays just past, a little patience could be a virtue :D

#47 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Not only no, but HECK NO!

They have commented on ECM, it is working as planned. I agree, it seems to work and make sense. Adding dumbfire options to SSRM's... sure, PPC EMP sure, BAP telling you that you are getting jammed sure. Pilot skills added that eat into the ECM bubble and TAG works wonders.

#48 Colaessus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

OPEN BETA - simple explanation.

#49 Audd

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Posttwibs, on 15 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

And we have made countless counter arguments why it's not. Saying 'It's fine' is not a comment, it's disregarding the matter.

Not to call you out, but I haven't really ever seen any cogent count-arguments why the current state of ECM is fine. I've heard people describe how to cope with it, but nothing that really ever lays out why it is good in its current form.

I would love to see a logical, well laid out argument FOR ECM as it is currently, and rebuttals toward the points raised against its current incarnation. I'd pay to see the same post, but devoid of the name calling, elitism, superfluous use of anecdotal data and logical fallacies that abound in forum posts.

#50 Parka

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

View Posttwibs, on 15 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

All PGI has to do is give us a comment about the state of the ECM. I don't need a fix for it, just comment.

If it's fine, then please tell us your thoughts why you think so.
If you intend to bring some balancing factors, then just a hint is enough

Something! Anything! This lack of acknowledgement is getting ridiculous, even in the 'Ask the devs' that We know they are reading.

Comment or I'm out. Del this post, I don't care. I've making my stand right here.

And I don't those ForumWarriors who vote yes but then backdown from their claim. If you vote yes then you better keep it!

I love all these people running around the forums crying, ECM IS OP, ECM IS BREAKING THE GAME, FIX ECM OR I QUIT crap. The bottom line is, this is a beta. I will reiterate this, this is a beta. Sure some people will argue that open beta for a free to play game might as well be release, but the bottom line is, this is still a beta.

Not only is it a beta, but ECM is not overpowering. My premade decided to not run ECM in any of our premades for the past week, and you know what? Our win/loss rate did not change. We still kept a 95+% win rate and did not lose any games due this game changing device that people claim auto wins matches.

Sorry folks, I hate to ruin your day but ECM is not as overpowering as the loud forum trolls make it to be. Sure not being able to counter ECM made SSRM's difficult/impossible to use, but it did little to affect our LRM boats. How did we accomplish this? Tactics! Our long range, direct fire mechs painted our targets while our brawlers were afflicted with ECM. This enables our LRM boats to fire at will on their given targets. Staying >180m away from the ECM mechs on some maps is slightly harder than others but it is entirely manageable. It requires mech pilots to think and use their brains to enable solid locks for our LRM boats.

Bottom line is folks, ECM is a game CHANGER not a game BREAKER. It requires a different approach to tactics than just zerging upfield like most people do.

#51 Cpt Jason McCarthy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Already boycotting since December 4th. Still reading waiting for the death of this game, but reading is also a pain in the ***, so much trolls, so much dumb people saying "IT'S BETA" like it was an excuse to take bad decisions. But there is also so much sadness, too much people here complaining because they don't want to see this game fail, the same way so many did before.

Edited by Shadowpunisher, 15 January 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#52 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I started today. How long are most boycotting the game or abusing the ECM feature in-game with your ECM mech?

#53 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

That's cute.

#54 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostParka, on 15 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I love all these people running around the forums crying, ECM IS OP, ECM IS BREAKING THE GAME, FIX ECM OR I QUIT crap.

So do I. That's the reason I asked for COMMENT, not a FIX. Sheesh, with a post that long I'd assume some form of reading comprehension from you. I only want to understand their reasoning.

Giving a football team baseball bats and knocking out the referee is also a game changer, but it's still pretty OP.

#55 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'm not formally boycotting the game, but I haven't wanted to play as much, and I have other calls on my time now. I have to admit I'm disappointed in the Spider... unless things drastically change in new maps, there will be no point to it. I'll buy the new Hero mech and elite the Commandos when I get a free moment here or there. The lagshield and streak issues (I can't wait for that nerf) suck some of the fun out for me.

#56 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

igp have mention in a podcast they work better towards productive/constructive comments not threats. we need to come up with different points of view to have a better understanding of the problem, not just cry op.

#57 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 15 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

igp have mention in a podcast they work better towards productive/constructive comments not threats. we need to come up with different points of view to have a better understanding of the problem, not just cry op.

There have been several well laid out and thought post in the ECM-feedback thread and the 'Ask the Devs' section, but so far it has resulted in nothing.

#58 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Boycott? lolno.

Pester and annoy the heck out of, until they take an ECM tweak seriously, hell yes.

#59 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Seriously they have a coding problem that makes ECM look like a twinky.

#60 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

11.1 days of premium time remaining. Once I get there, I am shelving this game until the match maker is balanced.

I wouldn't hate ECM so much ( and I hate it, stupid game design ) if it didnt multiply the premade misbalance problems.

More than anything else... I'm just not having fun, the game is getting stale with slow updates, the number of viable mechs has gone way down, the mech diversity with it, and each of the last 3 patches have actually made the game worse for me ( way worse frame rate, getting sound problems now ). Frankly I enjoyed the game FAR more back in early December ( when I stupidly pushed the premium time button )... that's rather depressing.

Edited by Serapth, 15 January 2013 - 06:17 PM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users