What To Do With A Cat-C4 In The Current Game.

22 replies to this topic

#21 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Slow, fragile, but packs an awfully big punch:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...adcba363280f476

*Note: I haven't actually tested it, but it seems like it could be fun. Bring a friend.

Edited by Uite Dauphni, 18 January 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#22 KerenskyClone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostOzric, on 17 January 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

I think the C4 excels at the short range missile boat role in the current game. As others have said, 4xSRM6 + 2MLAS/MPLS is a real beast with 300 engine in it.

This. I just installed a XL300 engine in my C4 and never looked back...

replaced the MLs with MPLs, and even managed to squeeze in another two DHS. (Into the engine)

Current build that seems to own every mech I come accross (unless they get the jump on me):

2xMPLs
4xSRM6 /w Artemis (5 tons ammo)
15x DHS
Max Armor (except -3 points in both legs)
XL 300 engine.

It is an expensive build unless you have an XL300 just lying around. But its worth every penny. Also its a tricky beast to drive as you need good situational awareness, also never start a fight you cant finish or run away from....

Best used in combination with your assault mechs, hang back and let them engage the enemy. At that point use your speed to get in on the flanks fire off a couple of alphas and then depending on the situation its either stick in the fight, or run. More often than not enemies will ignore you to shoot at the Atlas or Stalker, at their peril....

Never be the first in line in this mech....

#23 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I used the C4 to grind out my C1 and K2. I tried several load outs before I got one that really worked for me.

2 LRM15s 2 streats 2 med lasers.

I mastered the catapult and moved on before ECM was introduced. This set up is still viable if you are in a group or get really lucky for teammates in a pug group.

Putting in artemis would work very well. Changing a laser into TAG. If you can stay at 230-270m distance from an ECM mech you can pound the crap out of them with LRMs and streaks. You could also change the streaks to SRM4/6s, and the lasers to pulse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users