Mwll Developement Have Been Stopped.

168 replies to this topic

#21 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Why not just call it Battletech: Living Legends if that's the issue? It is not about being a mechwarrior anyway.

I don't see them terminating a fan mod...

#22 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostAdridos, on 16 January 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

I don't see them terminating a fan mod...

Them forcing the termination of development of a fan mod is precisely what has occurred with regards to MWLL?

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 16 January 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#23 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• 1,971 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostAsseri, on 16 January 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

We here at Wandering Samurai Studios would also like to inform you of our list of incompletions.

"Here is a list of what you'll never gonna see and pilot"
Posted Image

#24 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Well I guess because we are in the quiet part of the forum and 'contained', we will hear little back from PGI on this issue. I can only share in Lima's above sentiments.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 16 January 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#25 Star Captain Obvious Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

We knew this would probably happen, but I honestly thought PGI would have the sense to wait until MW:O went into release.

I stopped playing MW:LL (And playing more MW:O) because I got sick of waiting for desperately needed balance fixes. Now I'm switching back to MW:LL because I'm sick of waiting for MW:O to get some balance fixes and deeper game play.

#26 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Any chance Harmony Gold had a hand in this? I see the marauder and I believe the war hammer was in the game as well. HG hasn't exactly been known to be reasonable and I can see them putting pressure on MS to pull the plug or face legal action.

Regardless I'll wait for Russ to describe their side of the story and see how much, if anything, PGI/IGP had to do with this.

#27 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostEldragon, on 16 January 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Now I'm switching back to MW:LL because I'm sick of waiting for MW:O to get some balance fixes and deeper game play.

In the middle of downloading the latest MWLL patch right now.

#28 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 16 January 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Regardless I'll wait for Russ to describe their side of the story and see how much, if anything, PGI/IGP had to do with this.

Well, there are those alleged threatening emails. KingLeer has just posted to say he is writing up an account of what has happened. It is possible that he could release those emails but I doubt he will. Personally I hope he does because I love Internet drama.

#29 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 16 January 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Well, there are those alleged threatening emails. KingLeer has just posted to say he is writing up an account of what has happened. It is possible that he could release those emails but I doubt he will. Personally I hope he does because I love Internet drama.

Yeah I've heard rumors of those too. Who knows - its the Internet. From the forums it would appear that 98% of people on this forum also have 10+ years of game development under their belt so I take claims of being a former dev or possessing emails with a grain of salt. I never played LL nor know any of the devs names, so I don't dismiss anything out of hand. However, once again, it's the Internet lol.

That being said - Internet drama is quite fun and the more perspectives we can get on this, the better.

#30 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 16 January 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Yeah I've heard rumors of those too.

One of the MWLL devs kinda confirmed in a thread that was locked on these boards not so long ago that such emails did occur. I have had two other previous members of the MWLL dev team also voice confirmation that such emails did occur. If those emails did occur I doubt they have been deleted just yet.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 16 January 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#31 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Well that certainly would add some drama to the plot. I think it's pop corn time.

#32 Scar

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'm pretty sure that even if PGI/IGP were somehow involved into this - we won't get any explanations, ever.

R.I.P. MWLL - the last and the deepest Battletech/MechWarrior Game.

Edited by Scar, 16 January 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#33 saviour

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Yes. That other thread has vanished it seems got locked after 6th 7th page and disappeared, mysteriously.

The MWO way it seems lolol/.

#34 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostScar, on 16 January 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

R.I.P. MWLL - the last and the deepest MechWarrior Game.

The only Battletech game. It kinda beats the point to name something a mechwarrior and then put you into shoes of an elemental that pilots jets and tanks.

I'm pretty sad to see it go. I mean, the game sure was good.

#35 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postsaviour, on 16 January 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Yes. That other thread has vanished it seems got locked after 6th 7th page and disappeared, mysteriously.

The MWO way it seems lolol/.

And we are being persistently babysat by the moderator Lima Zulu in this thread. :D

#36 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

So it would seem. The mod that locked the thread indicated that Russ was going to give an explanation, perhaps that was premature and the thread was permadeleted to cover it up.

*puts on tin foil hat*

#37 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

I wants to see these emails.

When and where is King Leer gonna have the report up?

#38 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

In the thread linked below Leer mentions further announcements. I doubt any mention will be given to such emails.

http://forum.mechliv...c,18934.75.html

#39 Manco

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Any chance Harmony Gold had a hand in this? I see the marauder and I believe the war hammer was in the game as well. HG hasn't exactly been known to be reasonable and I can see them putting pressure on MS to pull the plug or face legal action.

Harmony Gold gave them permission for the unseen mechs as it was none profit making. The MWLL team did seek all the correct permission for the release of the mod. but since then with MWO and MW tactics going into open bete has thown a curve ball at MWLL team.

Who ever got them shutdown have done so knowing that they cant be name and shamed they would of coverd themself with that.

#40 Scar

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostAdridos, on 16 January 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

The only Battletech game. It kinda beats the point to name something a mechwarrior and then put you into shoes of an elemental that pilots jets and tanks.

I'm pretty sad to see it go. I mean, the game sure was good.

You're right - fixed my post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users