Dispite Beeing A Huge Fan...

29 replies to this topic

Poll: Dispite Beeing A Huge Fan... (154 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you play this game on a regular basis?

1. I still play it every game! (16 votes [9.36%])

Percentage of vote: 9.36%

2. I play it as much as I can, Its my main game atm. (70 votes [40.94%])

Percentage of vote: 40.94%

3. I play it not as much as I did before. (46 votes [26.90%])

Percentage of vote: 26.90%

4. I stoped playing this game, just in for the patch notes. (37 votes [21.64%])

Percentage of vote: 21.64%

5. This is my last visite, I will never come back!!! (2 votes [1.17%])

Percentage of vote: 1.17%

Do you think this will be a truly great game someday?

1. Definitly yes! (49 votes [28.16%])

Percentage of vote: 28.16%

2. Maybe. (59 votes [33.91%])

Percentage of vote: 33.91%

3. Only if something critical changes (explain) (32 votes [18.39%])

Percentage of vote: 18.39%

4. No high hopes... (29 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. No longer care. (5 votes [2.87%])

Percentage of vote: 2.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

... I see myself not longer playing this BETA on a regular basis.

We got no balance patch in a BETA for for than a month now, the forum is burning and there is not even a reaction from PGI releted to some of the most critical isseus.

I really wanted to love this game!

But in my clan, a 12 years old Battletech clan, nearly all my mates, friends a know for years, stoped playing this BETA on a regular basis.

And I find myself in a position, that I'm no longer trying to motivate people to play it or tell people about this game.

I don't say this state will last forever!

I still have high hopes for this project, but at the moment I'm a bit... disappointed.

Whats your feelings about the progess/state of MWO BETA?

#2 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

There is a lot of balance fixes that need to occur and the netcode needs to be completely reworked.

#3 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

so many issues just get ignored...

i hope they are succesful, this game has the potential. but sometimes with the way they handle things i'm not so sure

#4 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Eh, I figure the game *could* get better at some point. I'm just not willing to continue playing while I wait. I'll keep checking back, with hope.

This latest patch did nothing for me.

Edited by Thirdstar, 16 January 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#5 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I play it for an hour or two every day just so I can pew pew giant stompy robots.

#6 Horned Bull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Needed critical changes:

1. Better end of the round screen (that indicate grouped players so people will stop whining about the boogeyman)
2. Step 3 so people in trials won't be stomped by vets anymore
3. Fixed lagshield and hitboxes
4. More maps
5. Lobby instead matchmaker (so people who want to 4 vs 4 with friends can play it)

#7 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostTennex, on 16 January 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

so many issues just get ignored...

i hope they are succesful, this game has the potential. but sometimes with the way they handle things i'm not so sure

Taking a while to do something is not the same as ignoring...

#8 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Well here are a couple complaints. Netcode needs fixing, we need a matchmaking system that both pugs and premades agree on, ECM needs balancing, economy needs to be reworked, FPS bug needs fixing, and lagsheild and hit boxes need to fixed. I don't know if I'm going to download the latest patch yet because I have heard by many people that it makes things worse. I'm not quiting....I'm just burned out. PGI has been making some silly mistakes and seem to ignore the real issues. Come on....camo? Really? I could care less for new maps, modes, and mechs. I just want the biggest issues fixed.

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 16 January 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#9 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

The fun parts are still fun, but the bad parts are either annoying or game-breaking, and they outnumber the good parts. 4FPS bug alone is a session-killer, let alone any number of currently-unresolved issues in balancing, content, and programming. All the while the actions and efforts of PGI are becoming less capable of giving me faith in their skill and ability to pull off this game. They seem capable of pulling off other games. >___>

#10 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 16 January 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

Well here are a couple complaints. Netcode needs fixing, we need a matchmaking system that both pugs and premades agree on, ECM needs balancing, economy needs to be reworked, FPS bug needs fixing, and lagsheild and hit boxes need to fixed. I don't know if I'm going to download the latest patch yet because I have heard by many people that it makes things worse. I'm not quiting....I'm just burned out. PGI has been making some silly mistakes and seem to ignore the real issues. Come on....camo? Really? I couldn't care less for new maps, modes, and mechs. I just want the biggest issues fixed.

Yup, sadly the patch did nothing for me too.

#11 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I have some hope, but it would take a DRASTIC amount of changes.

#12 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

I had given the devs the benefit of the doubt with the holidays and all but this "big patch" has really shown me that they don't have the same expectations of the game as I do. We've got a new mech that's completely useless in battle. No real bug fixes. No new maps. Hell, we haven't gotten a NEW map since I started playing in closed beta. We've simply gotten repainted existing maps passed off as new.

They refuse to answer questions about the REAL game (Community Warfare) which makes me think they've completely scrapped it. I don't even want any details. I just want an OFFICIAL response saying "yes, it's still on the table". I don't even want a timeline. I just want someone to tell me that yes, it's still happening.

Now, Garth says that most of the dev team and staff don't even look at the forums because it's all negative? ********. If they cared about the game, they'd be here. Man the hell up. Have they never developed anything on this scale before? ****, I've been part of much smaller programming projects and had MUCH worse customer feedback on it. But, you know what? Everyone involved in that project was involved in customer care EVERY SINGLE DAY.

We couldn't just say "oh, it's negative, I don't want to deal with it." You know why? Because it was our JOB. It seems that PGI staff doesn't feel the same way about their job or their product. I praise Garth for putting up with us as much as he does. Why he isn't on everyone else's *** to get on here and do their part is anyone's guess. I suppose he's just that nice a guy.

#13 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

MMOs suck anyways. I'm here because this is MechWarrior.

#14 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

i think this game will truly be awesome BUT only if the microtransactions don't take over
this game is about mechs - so if they want to charge rediculous high mc prices for heroes and camos, then at least the mech bays should be free of charge OR a way to obtain mc ingame

#15 Zolthar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

It's ok to take a break you know?

I did 3 patch ago when the 7.1 sound got broken.

I saw that the Dev knew about the bug and that a fix was planned in a future patch. No need to cry on the forums about my situation... this wouldn't change a thing, we are adults right?

So I've waited until a patch fixed it, and I'm back.

MWO is my main game at the moment, but I also enjoy XCOM and Kerbal Space Program.

MWO when I want some quick play with friends. (~60% of my game time)
XCOM when I have lot of time ahead of me (~10% of my game time)
KSP when I'm stoned :D (~30% of my game time)

MWO is going to be a great game once fully finished.

#16 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Still a lot of work to be done, but the foundations are solid. The combat feels great, the content just needs to catch up.

There are going to be a lot of growing pains, just have to take it all in stride.

#17 Josef Nader

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

The -core mechanics- of this game are fantastic. Moving your mech, firing your weapons, the way they've handled torso/arm targeting, everything that -matters- is wicked fun to play. We're having a few rough spots with things like the lack of collisions, the nerfs to jump jets, hit detection and netcode, and things like that, but the game -is- shaping up in a very exciting way. I'm very enthusiastic to see this thing keep going, as long as PGI doesn't royally screw up and they keep plugging away at the problems they're having, this could be one of the best titles in the last 10 years.

#18 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostJosef Nader, on 16 January 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

this could be one of the best titles in the last 10 years.

PGI has a time machine?

Just yanking your chain mate :D

#19 Lootee

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Haven't even bothered to download the latest patch.

Each new build is progressively worse than the one before. And each one adds more to the never ending list of broken things that probably will never be fixed.

All my friends who started at the same time with founders accounts have stopped playing too.

Guess I'm just here to read patch notes and hope one day things might make a turn for the better. And it's sort of like stopping to see a bad train or car wreck. Maybe you'll see a mangled body or something you don't normally see.

Edited by PanchoTortilla, 16 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#20 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

For me, at this point, this is all dependent on Community Warfare.

If that comes around and is 10% of what I hope it can be, I think we will have success.

We shall see.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users