5 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

A 6 x SRM 6 Catapult depletes his ammunition with approximately 10 full Alpha's into the torso's of various mechs and at the end of the match summary registers 56 points of damage.

I understand Netcode and speed on the lights, I usually do not target them, I go after the Heavies and Assaults which can not avoid the SRM's as easily. So explain to me how the heck mechs can be shut down I launch right into their torso and they take no damage?

Do I just need to move my reticule till it turns red even on a shutdown not moving mech?

#2 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 16 January 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

A 6 x SRM 6 Catapult depletes his ammunition with approximately 10 full Alpha's into the torso's of various mechs and at the end of the match summary registers 56 points of damage.

I understand Netcode and speed on the lights, I usually do not target them, I go after the Heavies and Assaults which can not avoid the SRM's as easily. So explain to me how the heck mechs can be shut down I launch right into their torso and they take no damage?

Do I just need to move my reticule till it turns red even on a shutdown not moving mech?

it only turns red after you hit, so maybe chain fire them. use one set for testing then the rest when you find the gspot.

#3 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Is this thread one of those 'complete the sentence' games? Let me have a go!

You know there is a problem when a fan mod is....

Someone else can continue the sentence chain.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 16 January 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#4 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

In short, yes. When a mech shuts down it kind of "slides" invisibly to one side (which unknown, some say, in the direction he was running), and its hitboxes are a bit off, so even if he is shutted down standing there, he is not really where it looks like. It happens most on small mechs and when mechs shut off at weird terrain and their mech slides down.

have fun with the netcode! So when you see a jenner or raven overheated and all your team mates alpha strike him and he just wakes up and runs away, yeah, then you experienced this weird netcode anomaly.

Edited by TexAss, 16 January 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#5 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Argh! I'm still debating whether I should download the latest patch yet.

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 16 January 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#6 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Welcome to broken netcode hell.

I'm still trying to figure out why my normally 40-50 ping jumped 100ms to the game servers in the last couple days or so. I've done all the tests on my end, everything comes up fine, get into game, 150 ms ping, and it's all over the place.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users