• 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostThontor, on 16 January 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

DHS have changed a couple of times..

First, engine DHS were 1.0, added DHS were 2.0
Then, engine DHS were 2.0, added DHS were 1.4

So, there has always been at least some 2.0 DHS :D

If I remember right, engine DHS were 1.0 supposed to be 1.4 initially and externals were 1.4 supposed to be 1.4

Then they had their pow wow, a.k.a. Paul's post, and decided to make engine DHS 2.0 and externals 1.4.

We never had true 2.0 internal and externals.

The problem is their stated reason for not wanting 2.0 DHS all around was due to lights being too powerful. Yet lights benefit the most from the current implementation. Remember Garth's alleged 3 second Atlas kill in his Jenner o doom?

#22 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostWindies, on 16 January 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

I remember back when there wasn't a patch feedback area. This forum turned into a cess pool long before the patch feedback area got opened up.

Exactly my point. People were claiming that the forum wasn't always a cesspool, when in fact it was.

View PostThirdstar, on 16 January 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Ah, so all the things people have asked clarification about can be found in those thread? ECM, Matchmaker, CW, Heat, everything?

No, but there are more constructive posts and threads and much less angry posts even if they are a negative post. I never said anything about the clarifications of issues there. However, heat should be obvious by now. They like how heat works. They are balancing weapons to the heat, which would be pointless if they were going to change the heat system.

#23 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostWindies, on 16 January 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Remember Garth's alleged 3 second Atlas kill in his Jenner o doom?

How dare you imply that Garth did not in fact core an Atlas from behind in 3 second while in a Jenner!!!

Pistols at DAWN!

#24 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Some of you really need to get some perspective. When you present yourself as angst-ridden, irrational teenagers, it's quite easy to ignore you.

#25 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

View PostThirdstar, on 16 January 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

How dare you imply that Garth did not in fact core an Atlas from behind in 3 second while in a Jenner!!!

Pistols at DAWN!

I don't have the nVidea cockpit item.. :D

#26 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

View PostThirdstar, on 16 January 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

Pistols at DAWN!

Pistols!? Surely, you mean small lasers, my good sir!

#27 8RoundsRapid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 301 posts
  • Locationupriver

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

This Garth fellow is incredibly unprofessional, IMO. His forum trolling has eased up somewhat of late, but his comments on those podcasts are just as bad and reveal an alarming bias towards light mechs and an astounding case of 'hands-covering-ears-screaming-I-cant-hear-you!-I-cant-hear-you!'

#28 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

FYI F2P games.

Doesn't cost anything to play.

If you want to give PGI money, they give you something back for it.

I wanted to support this game before I had even played it, so I bought a Founders pack. I was rewarded with some extra goodies and early access to the game. Was worth it for me.

I have enjoyed the game since I started playing back in June. I have been extremely aggravated with the CryEngine update that caused me to get the 4 FPS bug every 4th match, but I've worked around it (restart the client every 3rd match takes about 40 seconds).

Is it ideal? No but it's not the end of the world and doesn't really change my enjoyment for the game.

#29 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostZolthar, on 16 January 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

Money talk bro.

That's probably the main reason, but there is also that the game was supposed to be launched in December. Clearly the game wasn't ready for relase at that date (and it's still not ready today), but they chose to open it for the fans who wanted to be part of it.

Now we see lots of people talking with their emotions instead of their head. We see impatience. We see deceptions.

Take the ECM, I think it's the new target for their anger.
Before the ECM was the Artemis.
Before the Artemis it was the DHS that were OP at 2.0
Before DHS it was the LRM

But that's what beta is for, they can't reproduce the Production environement (the state of the game you actualy play) in their QA/Developpement environnement, they don't have the same pool of testers, even the hardware must be a tad different.

So they release patches when they have done all what they can on their side, and need our feed back and experience to fine tune everything.

They can't just hotfix nerf this or that every time the whiners call some thing OP, they also have to wait to see, if it's indeed OP, or just new and people have to adjust their game play.

Don't worry though, I'm sure all those Dev have a good flame proof jacket and are used to forum trolls and flamers :D

Take the ECM, I think it's the new target for their anger.
Before the ECM was the Artemis.
Before the Artemis it was the DHS that were OP at 2.0
Before DHS it was the LRM

ECM Blows...we all know this.
Artemis was OP for a few days, then fixed, everyone okay with this
DHS were NEVER 2.0....NEVER......and Garth Invented some reason even after being shown the math on them.
LRMS went through some crazy ups and downs, but its really PGIs fault for showing a lack of skill handling balance issues.

#30 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Anyone else wondering what the next useless thread based on a quote from more than 3 months ago will be?

#31 lordkrike

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostWindies, on 16 January 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

If I remember right, engine DHS were 1.0 supposed to be 1.4 initially and externals were 1.4 supposed to be 1.4

Then they had their pow wow, a.k.a. Paul's post, and decided to make engine DHS 2.0 and externals 1.4.

We never had true 2.0 internal and externals.

The problem is their stated reason for not wanting 2.0 DHS all around was due to lights being too powerful. Yet lights benefit the most from the current implementation. Remember Garth's alleged 3 second Atlas kill in his Jenner o doom?

Well, a 4 second core on an Atlas from behind isn't that unrealistic. 6 MPLs (which you can get on a Jenner) can hit 72 damage in that time.

I honestly don't find it that unbelievable, it's just a somewhat ideal situation.

#32 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Please tell me which option you think is more likely to produce results in line with your expectations and which you think might actually motivate the developers?

1) Raging about how much the devs/game suck, how disappointed you are in how long it takes to fix/add anything, how the game is doomed to fail, etc.

or

2) Posting meaningful, constructive, enumerated, objective feedback, even if it's based on a gut-feeling or emotional response to some aspect of the game

Anyone who has worked in application development, particularly in an environment where you don't have unlimited budget/resources, can appreciate how projects really work. The average public sees a black box system and doesn't understand how complex things are under the hood. They don't understand why one seemingly small fix is so hard to accomplish. The fact is that often seemingly minor things blossom into crazy complexity. Sometimes it's incredibly difficult just to isolate what CAUSES the bug.

Granted, I don't think that people should have limitless patience for seeing things that are basic to the game delivered. However, I do think that if you don't have that patience and have exhausted your options for constructive feedback, the game and its community would be better served by you playing something else for a while rather than raging on the forums or creating another redundant complaint post. I sincerely doubt that the devs are simply ignoring feedback. After all, they have a stake in the game's success. If you haven't seen a change, particularly one that's been acknowledged, it's probably because they're still working on it. No amount of cajoling is going suddenly make them develop any faster. The only option they have is to hire more staff. Looking at the footer below, it looks like they're already exploring that option.

#33 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostNRP, on 16 January 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Some of you really need to get some perspective. When you present yourself as angst-ridden, irrational teenagers, it's quite easy to ignore you.

On the other hand, posters who fail to become disheartened, disgruntled, angry posters when issues they have warned about and given constructive feedback on are ignored for 3 patches and had the devs state that they are 'happy with the way <the issue> is working', are merely those who don't care about the game they are playing beyond it being the 'current thing', to be discarded as soon as something new comes along.

Many of those with issues grounded in reasoned logic and with balanced suggestions have become fed up when they are not only ignored, but insulted by the devs in their responses ("A must-have for LRM users feeling the pain of ECM"). That anger and fustration would not exist if the players did not care about the game and want it to be better. However, when honest feedback, suggestions, and calls for answers are ignored in favor of 'What is your favorite beer' questions and dishonest changes to the game, it is only natural that people would react negatively, especially when it is apparent that the Devs are not listening anyway.

#34 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Did we really need a second thread about this?

http://mwomercs.com/...what-you-think/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users