#41 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

....******* LOL

If i PUGed, and i assure you i don't due to Blood pressure issues, but IF I PUGed this would be my bible. Thank you for your time and your humor.

#42 Ranzear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

My PUG advice: It never fails that the first teammate the enemy is able to target is the one they hound until dead. Don't be that person.

#43 Mudslinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

/win

#44 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 17 January 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Where is the imbibe alcohol until it no longer matters phase?

That's the depression phase. haha

#45 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

I just went to Stage 5 and saved myself alot of grief.

But the hints on how to play as a pugger are pretty good, I hope fellow puggers read and use them occasionally. Especially focusing on damaged mechs is important, it really helps to reduce enemy forces.

#46 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Fantastic guide and sarcasm primer. Id say 4 mans even need to do these things because ignoring half the team helps you lose.

#47 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostBagheera, on 17 January 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

That's not so much a phase or stage is it is a way of life.

Wait ...

Of all the beers I've drunk I like my next one the best.

#48 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

An excellent post that comes down to: "Realize that you're on a team full of bads and if it bothers you more than a little, log off or join a clan and roll the dice that they're good."

I swear, the lack of community in this game just makes PUGing that much worse. I want to join a clan but I have no idea of how good any of the guilds/clans/whatever are any good. Hell, I barely see the same person twice in a match and the few that I have are Clay Pigeon and Laser Angel running 8 mans and PUG stomping or the idiots from Skye Rangers. No thanks.

#49 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 18 January 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

An excellent post that comes down to: "Realize that you're on a team full of bads and if it bothers you more than a little, log off or join a clan and roll the dice that they're good."

I swear, the lack of community in this game just makes PUGing that much worse. I want to join a clan but I have no idea of how good any of the guilds/clans/whatever are any good. Hell, I barely see the same person twice in a match and the few that I have are Clay Pigeon and Laser Angel running 8 mans and PUG stomping or the idiots from Skye Rangers. No thanks.

You do realise its a 'cult' where they force you to stay, and you can leave a clan any time you like right :P

#50 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostValore, on 18 January 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

You do realise its a 'cult' where they force you to stay, and you can leave a clan any time you like right :P

I know, right? They keep offering kool-aid but I'm not falling for it. I saw Helter Skelter, I know whats up! http://en.wikipedia...._Skelter_(book)

Seriously, though, this is the first game that I've ever played where there wasn't a centralized non-playing community area or means by which to identify good players and their respective guilds. From UO to SW:TOR, there was always a way to pin point the good groups. In MWO, I literally have NO idea how to find out who is good and who isn't. For that matter, other than Kong and Murphy's Law, I don't even know who is doing 8v8 these days adn the only way I know that those two groups do it is from random posts on this board. I PUG with enough bads - I'd feel wrong for joining a group only to find out that they, too, were bad. Does that make sense?

#51 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 18 January 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

I know, right? They keep offering kool-aid but I'm not falling for it. I saw Helter Skelter, I know whats up! http://en.wikipedia...._Skelter_(book)

Seriously, though, this is the first game that I've ever played where there wasn't a centralized non-playing community area or means by which to identify good players and their respective guilds. From UO to SW:TOR, there was always a way to pin point the good groups. In MWO, I literally have NO idea how to find out who is good and who isn't. For that matter, other than Kong and Murphy's Law, I don't even know who is doing 8v8 these days adn the only way I know that those two groups do it is from random posts on this board. I PUG with enough bads - I'd feel wrong for joining a group only to find out that they, too, were bad. Does that make sense?

Yeah, but again its part of the clan's job to keep members interested. No one would be particularly surprised or upset if you took a job, decided you didn't like it, then moved on :)

#53 Lon3Wo1f

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

How did you get hold of my guide?! Curse you!

Edited by Lon3Wo1f, 18 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#54 Grimnar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationQLD, Australia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hey Valore, great post buddy! Your threads are like a ray of sunshine in...yeah I'm no good with this flowery crap :)

"...and Valore!..."

:P

#55 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostLon3Wo1f, on 18 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

How did you get hold of my guide?! Curse you!

^_^

The secret's out mate. Now no one can complain anymore ;)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users