154 replies to this topic

#121 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

ya'll heard me!

no, though seriously it does kinda suck that if i join a clan ( Corp, Band, WarGroup etc) that Uses an RP element, i have to look out for "goons" (read "Another Clan") who want to actually go out of there way to Grief.

And seen as that is basically the portfolio in terms of what a Goon is, it kinda is crappy.

#122 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 26 January 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

The stupidest **** I've ever seen.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

No but seriously

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

#123 Redoxin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Didnt watch the video but judging from this thread these "goons" seem to be real a-holes and proud of it.
Well you have those in every internet community.

Edited by Redoxin, 26 January 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#124 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostRedoxin, on 26 January 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

Didnt watch the video but judging from this thread these "goons" seem to be real a-holes and proud of it.

Yup **** goons

#125 Gay Pryde

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Oh you guys are soooo serious you all go back to art school and chill

#126 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Well to be honest I got one of those, but this Subforum is to discuss "The place to discuss BattleTech® Clans, and Clan-related topics". This whole topic is Off-Topic and is drawing close to the gravity well of Kaetetôá (the homeworld of the noble Birdwarriors) you really should watch that Video or read this here to see the M A L I C E we Goons provide: http://themittani.co...aste-mechs-come

Snippet:

PoptartsNinja said:

Sgt. Geoffrey Barnes shook watery pink coolant from his hands, then wiped his fingers on his stained fatigues. They were a total loss anyway, so what was another stain? Barnes leaned back against the basket railing of his cherry picker. It took a conscious effort to resist the urge to wipe the sweat from his brow. The coolant still clinging to his fingers was only slightly toxic in small doses, but a little in the eyes could blind a man in matter of minutes. Barns rubbed his hands together instead, and leaned in to manually trigger the newly-replaced heat sink. There was no leakage this time - that nasty hole in the primary feed line had finally sealed. His job was done.

If you want to ask us questions go here please: http://mwomercs.com/...k-a-goon-mk-ii/

Edited by Tank Boy Ken, 26 January 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#127 Tinal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Birds have vents, we're ventholes.

#128 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Threads Dead baby, Threads Dead.

#129 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

while I appreciate the attempt to do the Clan RP thing, I support what people said about getting 2 8man premades and sync dropping. To ask people not to fight so that a trial may be performed is not fair to any 4 mans or pugs who have to put up with being berated etc for ruining the RP feel. And while I hope to play clan when it is available, unless it is a game I am going into with everyone intent on performing a trial, then I will start lobbing rounds at the enemy, regardless of duel, etc.

I cannot side against the players who people are referring to as goons, or join in the witch hunt against forum moderators who interrupted the trial because the game is to kill the enemy and win the match, and nothing gives people the right to demand that other players do other than just that.

#130 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostSeijin Dinger, on 26 January 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

I cannot side against the players who people are referring to as goons

I'm sorry but your attempt to sound cool or coy just made your post unreadable instead but good job I guess if that's what you were going for also commas are cool and all but they really don't just give you carte blanche to turn entire paragraphs into one long run on sentence like the unreadable mess I'm typing now its pretty hard to read isn't it

Edited by Rannos, 26 January 2013 - 05:02 AM.

#131 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

wow. testy.

oh and are you just being Snide because Seijin made a good, well thought out point, or...what?

#132 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 26 January 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

being Snide

No, I'm Rannos.

EDIT

View PostNehkrosis, on 26 January 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

well thought out point

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by Rannos, 26 January 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#133 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 26 January 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

ya'll heard me!

no, though seriously it does kinda suck that if i join a clan ( Corp, Band, WarGroup etc) that Uses an RP element, i have to look out for "goons" (read "Another Clan") who want to actually go out of there way to Grief.

And seen as that is basically the portfolio in terms of what a Goon is, it kinda is crappy.

So your issue is that the dumb stuff you want to do might be spoiled by the dumb stuff we want to do. I see. That video doesn't represent anyone going out of their way to do anything.

#134 Gammanoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

I feel this video deserves a rating of at least 4 out of 5 Kerenskys.

The commentary was top notch and without a doubt the director knew what he was doing.

I do however feel the performance of the "Clanners" was a bit lacking and it unfortunately reduced my enjoyment of the film by a small margin.

Edited by Gammanoob, 26 January 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#135 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Well, i will put it to you like this;

If i make a deal with your team in-game along the lines of

"Hey, were trying to perform a Trial Of Position. Would you guys mind not interrupting?Once the trial is completed, we'll give you the victory."

"Hey sure thing Clan dude"
"lol jk, im gonna alpha your dooodes"
(only to then turn around and backstab the other team, its a bit Bent.)

#136 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 26 January 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

"Hey, were trying to perform a Trial Of Position. Would you guys mind not interrupting?Once the trial is completed, we'll give you the victory."

Well, what you use a derogatory term for homosexual to describe, I call funny. Hey ho.

Last night we wanted to do dumb stuff in trial spiders. Know what we did? Got 16 people and did our dumb rooftop jetpack battles without expecting other people to comply with our whims.

#137 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 26 January 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Lying is an acceptable ruse of war. Clanners don't understand warfare, we did already know that though ;).

#138 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 23 January 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

Nobody promised to not shoot at them prematurely and it's the IS role to not play by Clan rules anyway.

But only because they don't know the clan rules...there are enough pilots who would accept a challenge if there is one. Of course depending on their origin and so on.

As it is right now it is only possible to do trials (without interruption) if you have 2 teams existing of 8 people who are willing to drop together and do the same thing.

Anyway we all know that lowtax isn't a fan of roleplaying (which is ok because everyone could handle it as he or she wants) but several people there haven't the commen sense to accept that there are others who do want enjoy the background of the battletech universe and so they mock them (which in my opinion isn't ok).

#139 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 26 January 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

Seriously, these Forums shouldnt turn into Eve Online or League of Legends purely because "Were allowed do want we want and were not breaking the rules, just trolling cause were ROFLLOLWTFPWNERSPROs."

Posted Image No one tell this guy that we actually are allowed to do what we want.

#140 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostNash, on 26 January 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Anyway we all know that lowtax isn't a fan of roleplaying (which is ok because everyone could handle it as he or she wants) but several people there haven't the commen sense to accept that there are others who do want enjoy the background of the battletech universe and so they mock them (which in my opinion isn't ok).

I've been interested in BT for one and a half decade, but you can't take the BT Background serious. I'm mean the BT background is literally Comedy Gold.

And as others have stated we're quite allowed to shoot the other team. If people complain about us shooting Reds, we're making fun of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users