Patch Moved To 23Rd

73 replies to this topic

#41 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Nice :) been looking at either a Awesome or Dragon for my next purchase :)

#42 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

View Postmiscreant, on 21 January 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Do you guys think that Garth is also sick of playing on the same 4 maps over and over?...

Garth gets to play on many other maps than we do. I hear he's got super secret dev maps, and a King Crab, and an Urbie. And scantily clad women feed him grapes as he sits upon his throne, looking scornfully down at the playerbase. Also, he is in possession of a 5 layer cake made of copulation and high-fives.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to a new crop of Trial mechs to shoot at.

#43 Wasudan

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Sweet

#44 Captain Teft

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I hope the new patch at least begins to slightly TWEAKS ECM, if not dramatically rework it completely.

I also hope the Highlander launches soon, because I'm holding off on buying an Assault until then. Give it to me!

#45 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Hmm...

I don't really care for trial Mechs. It's been nearly a half year ago i tried one. Would like to see some Maps (a dropship, or a real base with buildings to move in) I know there are people who are happy about trying new Mechs haveing only 4 Mechbays. But for me it's more important to try some strategig movement on some bigger maps. I will buy Mechbays as long as there are Mechs to buy and it will take a long time (don't play that much)

I have 3 Dragons, 3 Centurions, 2 Atlas and 1 Spider, a free Mechbay for the third Atlas i will buy in maybe four weeks. This Set will grow. Would like to change the mechs bays ( to have them segregated ) or maybe have a list instead of this little pictures on the screen bottom. Lets see what this patch will bring. I will wait...

P.s.:never forget we're still in Beta and there are many things to develop. Only we, the players, can help to make this game a revolution in giant robot simulation ;) doesn't matter if it's with our ideas or our money...the Devs need both to make it possible :)

Edited by Jae Hyun Nakamura, 22 January 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#46 Beath Van

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHab mich verlaufen

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Get ready for disappointment, though.

And: why tweaking ECM? And how will work slightly tweaking?
What we need ist better Matchmaking, more Maps and a Lobby.
Trainingrounds maybe...

#47 Boldar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGlinde

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Right, Betty.

The game is getting boring at the moment. No new content, no goals to achieve.
The guys who play a lot do not know what to do with their C-Bills as they have every mech (and probably some more) and every peace of equip.

We urgently need better matchmaking, bigger maps, a money sink (no expenses is a rather stupid way to build any kind of economy, and refits are not enough), faction warfare, collisions with knockdowns (i miss them).

Debugging the code is nice and important, but I do not want to play a glitch-free game that is boring. WE NEED MORE CONTENT!

Edited by Boldar, 22 January 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#48 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Was really hoping for a trial atlas. They were so fun to blow up last time. I guess an awesome will work too.

#49 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 21 January 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Hey Everyone!

Due to scheduled power maintenance here at PGI's facility, we are moving the Tuesday January 22nd patch to Wednesday January 23rd. To tide you over in the meantime here are the new Trial Mechs we'll be adding!

· Spider SDR-5V

· Hunchback HBK-4SP

· Cataphract CTF-3D

· Awesome AWS-8V

Thanks for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the patch!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Good time for newbies ;)

#50 Parappaman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Moar newbie crunchbacks. Good time for us all! ;)

View PostLethalRose, on 22 January 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

Was really hoping for a trial atlas. They were so fun to blow up last time. I guess an awesome will work too.

The AWS-9M's were much better for enemy teams. The 8V might atctually be a decent opponent in the right hands.

#51 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

View PostPOWR, on 22 January 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Nice ;) been looking at either a Awesome or Dragon for my next purchase :)

You'll likely be disappointed with all the Awesome. They all need major weapon refits, the chassis is a missile magnet thanks to being wider than the caldera on Caustic Valley, and the only variant that can mount an engine worth thinking about is the 9M. There's really not much to recommend about the entire line of Awesomes when you can buy a Stalker or Atlas for a similar price. There are just too many flaws inherent in the chassis. You'll learn to hate the way your weapons are mounted so low you can't shoot over any cover, how big the cockpit is, and how the broad arms make weapon conversion an unbearable pain among many other things.

#52 Cervantes88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

The Awesomes aren't bad, they're just not as good as the other assaults.

The only variant that stands out is the 9M with a standard big engine and 6 lasers. Very strong brawler, durable (3 lasers in CT and head) and rather quick for its size.

#53 SirHeavyarm

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Keep up the good work you guys rock

#54 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

I like how we get slightly bad news and almost everyone's happy. I remember when this 1 day delay would have had the community up in arms. Now we're just happy to hear any formal comms.

#55 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostDegeneratePervert, on 22 January 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Garth gets to play on many other maps than we do. I hear he's got super secret dev maps, and a King Crab, and an Urbie. And scantily clad women feed him grapes as he sits upon his throne, looking scornfully down at the playerbase. Also, he is in possession of a 5 layer cake made of copulation and high-fives.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to a new crop of Trial mechs to shoot at.

Women, cakes, more maps ... I can do without if necessary. But ... but ... what do I have to do to get a King Crab? I can't live without oen any longer.

#56 Banto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGermany, Bavaria

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostBoldar, on 22 January 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Right, Betty.

The game is getting boring at the moment. No new content, no goals to achieve.

Oh, just wait for them to implement ACHIEVMENTS!

Cause every game nowadays that lack content just adds achievments and a big part of the players are satisfied... for whatever reason.
I hate achievments. They are worth a giggle at best but most of the time it is useless ****... but nonetheless, it is up in the content roadmap (or the other roadmap, I don't know).

Well, I guess we will get such things before they add something interesting.

Man, I didn't really play in a long time and every damn patch I look into the notes and be like "Man, it still looks kind of boring... maybe next time they add something gamechanging and interesting."
I just hope the "next time" is coming soon, don't want my MCs to get wasted and be stuck on my account for nothing.

Edited by Banto, 22 January 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#57 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for the update :)

#58 KerenskyClone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Sooooo.....what about the Flamer and MG buffs?? Are they incoming with this patch what?

#59 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

I thought I read something like that yesterday, thanks for the update, can't wait for more juice!

#60 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

I for one welcome any form of communication from the developers.
(yes, any form)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users