#61 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Thank you for letting us know, really appreciate it - communication is nice :) But, I haven't used a trial mech in over 4 months. That is nice for newer players, but would've been nice to give those of us that are long time players and have paid $$ something to look forward to...

#62 Zerwikaptur

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Open Alfa Beta Update #9

Upcoming Patch - Wednesday Jan. 22th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number: 1.2.1770000001

Change Log

-Hula girl gets new hair color (red);

That's it for this month - see you on the battlefields (all 4 of them) mechwarriors!

BTW Look forward to some very exciting content like: ISN News Flash and Desktop Wallpaper!

Edited by Zerwikaptur, 22 January 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#63 Ramses2020

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostZerwikaptur, on 22 January 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Change Log

-Hula girl gets new hair color (red);

That's it for this month - see you on the battlefields (all 4 of them) mechwarriors!
Disappointing, but not surprising. PGI doesn't know how ECM should work, so it's no shock that they don't know that red hair is not a trait found in polynesian or mongoloid bloodlines. The least PGI could do is study the human genome before making such an absurd addition to the game. Another opportunity for a perfectly good patch RUINED!

#64 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostRamses2020, on 22 January 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Disappointing, but not surprising. PGI doesn't know how ECM should work, so it's no shock that they don't know that red hair is not a trait found in polynesian or mongoloid bloodlines. The least PGI could do is study the human genome before making such an absurd addition to the game. Another opportunity for a perfectly good patch RUINED!

I hope that's sarcasm...

Edited by Syllogy, 22 January 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#65 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostKerenskyClone, on 22 January 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Sooooo.....what about the Flamer and MG buffs?? Are they incoming with this patch what?
you do realize that now the issue has been found where back armor is not being damaged right and or damage transfer isn't working right and from the looks of it, hasn't been working right since it was added... They can't buff damage on any weapons until this issue is corrected. If armor damage and damage transfer isn't working right, some weapons may also have to be reworked as their damage values were tweaked in the past based on a broken armor damage and transfer damage model.

#66 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Postmartoq, on 21 January 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Don't really care about mechs. This game is getting so dry and repetitive it's not really very enjoyable anymore.

Please can we have some real content?! And a new map really isn't going to cut it. 4 maps? @whee. Lighting effects doesn't really make it a new map. Game types? It's death match. Always death match.

You know it's a combat game, right? Are they supposed to make game types in the giant, fighting robots game that don't involve fighting? You should go throw that idea out on the CoD boards. The rules here won't permit me to respond the way the idea merits.

#67 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hope, patch will be better, than previous one ;)

Edited by Nick Drezary, 22 January 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#68 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostScout80913, on 21 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Speaking of announcements; are we missing an announcement regarding a delay of the Ask the Dev's #30 Answers? I belive it was MiSs who said answers would be posted today when the thread was locked.

Not flaming - just looking forward to the answers.

Cheers!

I believe it is up now (and Garth, in response to your one comment, too lazy to start a new thread :D but CHEERS TO THE MONTREAL TEAM!, hang in there all)

#69 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

View Postmiscreant, on 21 January 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Do you guys think that Garth is also sick of playing on the same 4 maps over and over?...

I think he's sick of pawning the other devs in one of his multiple custom designed Unseen mechs.

#70 GKnightBC

• PipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 32 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

In this upcoming patch there are few changes we will be seeing:

1) ECM will now generate heat while in use.
2) Beagle Active Probe will bark when sensing a shut down mech. It will also growl when it sees a Catapult
3) Large lasers will be renamed "Big Pew Pew". Medium and Small lasers will keep existing names
4) All pilots who perform friendly fire will have their mechs change colour to bright neon pink.
5) Pilots found to be 'suiciding' at the start of a match will have random locations on their mech have armour replaced by tapioca pudding
and lastly
6) LRM launchers will have safety interlocks installed whereby the pilot has to type "Whoosh!" in order for them to fire

Hope you enjoy the changes! :D

(Just a note for those who cannot recognize humour - this was supposed to be funny. A token laugh or smiley face is required in order for you to post any subsequent message in this forum.)

#71 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Wishlist for this patch:
  • Knockdowns re-implemented
  • ECM fixed
  • A USEFUL mech added to the game, preferably more than one
  • Another map
  • MG & Flamer Buff
  • 12v12
  • Proper matchmaking with ELO or whatever they plan to use
  • Urbanmech
  • The ability to use a paintjob without having to rebuy it for multiple mechs.

just a wish list

#72 elde

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostHelbrecht, on 21 January 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

i think it official that the devs have totaly detached themselves from reality and actually belive we actually care about what the trial mechs are gonna be. seriously i would love to be in the meeting with these guys and to hear thier logic.

"Dev One" so should we give them the patch notes maybe some confirmed upcoming things.
"Dev Two" nah thats bad, lets tell them what trial mechs are coming out that will make them really happy!!

Jesus Christ!!!!

Wouldn't it be better that they release the patch notes when they're 100% sure that's what the patch will contain? Wouldn't that make more sense?

They have obviously decided which the new trial mechs will be, and released the the information about them. Just wait a few more hours, and you'll have the full patch notes.

I've been itching to test the 4SP, while saving for my Stalkers. Now I get the chance to do it.

#73 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Great summary.
Wonderful things to know. I
am sorry you all have to take such
invidious criticism of all the work you guys do.
The game is a dream come true for me.
I feel like a joy filled kid again. Love all the sweat you all
Have put into the game

#74 Arjohan

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 22 January 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Wishlist for this patch:
  • Knockdowns re-implemented
  • ECM fixed
  • A USEFUL mech added to the game, preferably more than one
  • Another map
  • MG & Flamer Buff
  • 12v12
  • Proper matchmaking with ELO or whatever they plan to use
  • Urbanmech
  • The ability to use a paintjob without having to rebuy it for multiple mechs.

just a wish list

I wish the same, but with one more thing:
  • Better netcode and fixed hitboxes so other non-north America players can play with full performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users