Who's Going To The Rhod Playoffs?

187 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's Going to the RHOD Playoffs? (109 member(s) have cast votes)

NA Div 1 & Div 2

1. --------DIVISION 1-------- (5 votes [2.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.19%

2. Snow Raven (51 votes [22.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.37%

3. SoR - Team Cerberus (3 votes [1.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.32%

4. Paragon (21 votes [9.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.21%

5. Wolf Spider Battalion (7 votes [3.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.07%

6. Word of Lowtax OPFOR: CLAN HARD-CORG (20 votes [8.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

7. BattleBorn Knights (3 votes [1.32%] - View)

8. --------DIVISION 2-------- (4 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

9. KaoS Legion (73 votes [32.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.02%

10. Luna Wolves (16 votes [7.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

11. WoL - KDR Squad (16 votes [7.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

12. The Stalkers in the Night (3 votes [1.32%] - View)

13. Skye Rangers (2 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

14. WidowMaker 2 (4 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Division 3

1. Black Wolves (7 votes [6.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.42%

2. Word of Lowtax - Bropocalypse Now Battalion (26 votes [23.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.85%

3. Steel Jaguar (65 votes [59.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.63%

4. Midnight Sons (3 votes [2.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.75%

5. Draagun (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Antares Scorpions (5 votes [4.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.59%

7. Firepower Unlimited LLC. (3 votes [2.75%] - View)

Division 4

1. Jade Wolf (48 votes [44.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.04%

2. WidowMaker 1 (3 votes [2.75%] - View)

3. Blazing Aces (44 votes [40.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.37%

4. Bravo Whiskey Charlie (8 votes [7.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.34%

5. cReddit - Task Force JSOC (6 votes [5.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Holy crap, no idea ELP made a comeback like that. Nice.

Looking forward to facing off with Blazing Aces. Should be quite the match.

#122 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostTheMagician, on 06 March 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Division 2 comes down to the Luna Wolves vs KDR Squad match, and Division 4 comes down to DV8 versus Blazing Aces. I wish we could spectate them!

View PostZ0MBIE Y0SHI, on 06 March 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

Looking forward to facing off with Blazing Aces. Should be quite the match.

I want these matches to be spectated so badly! Even though I'm actively rooting against DV8 because of a certain posting in a certain thread lol. I sent a msg to Nephyx and CW Roy about possibly covering their match over a week ago, neither has even read the msg :lol:.

Also, for the current playoff hunt picture

http://www.runhotord...maining-matches

GaussDragon

"I know I can generally see the total games played of each time, but what are the specific matchups left that will determine seeding? I know KDR Squad vs Luna Wolves will determine seed 2 for division 2, but a lot of other teams have games from different points in the season. So, what matches (between what teams) are left to be played out?

Correction: Basically, it's division 1 that still has a lot of games to be played and is hard to determine. Division 3 is decided, Division 2 is KaoS for spot one and the 2nd spot is entirely down to the game between KDR Squad and Luna Wolves. For Division 4, if DV8 beats blazing aces, Jade Wolf takes spot 1 and DV8 takes spot 2. If Blazing Aces beats DV8, Blazing Aces takes spot 1 and Jade Wolf takes spot 2.

Division 1: Snow Raven is the heavy favourite to take spot 1 and a three-way fight between ELP, Wolf Spider's Bridage and Paragon.

- ELP has played 8 games and has lost to Snow Raven and Paragon (18 points)
- WSB has played 8 games and has lost to Snow Raven and ELP (18 points)
- Paragon has played 7 games and lost to WoL: Hard Corg and WSB (15 points)

According to the matches
- ELP has yet to play their week 6 match vs Night's Scorn
- WSB has yet to play their week 7 match against Head Hunters of Davion
- Paragon has yet to play play their week 7 match vs Night's Scorn and their week 9 match vs 12 Robinson Rangers

There's an interesting circle here in that ELP has lost to Paragon, Paragon has lost to WSB, and WSB has lost to ELP. Let's assume that Paragon beats 12th Robinson Rangers and has 8 games played and the same amount of points as ELP and WSB. In this situation, it comes down to each team winning all their remaining matches. If that happens, the 3 teams are in a 3-way circle because they've each beaten one but not the other, therefore, it comes down to drops won/lost overall.

I think I now have a handle on it. Any corrections are more than welcome."

TheMagician

"This is right.

But WSB has 2 more lost games than ELP, which means that for WSB to make it they'll need ELP to lose their last game.

ELP needs paragon to lose 1 match (or 3 drops in the last 2 games, while winning their last match 3-0, along with WSB winning).

Paragon is in if they win out, and lose no more than 1 drop.

If Paragon wins, WSB loses , and ELP wins, then Paragon is in. If Paragon wins, WSB wins, and ELP loses, then WSB is in."

Edited by GaussDragon, 06 March 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#123 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Paragon got a forfeit win, due to their opponent not being able to get enough players together.

It's also looking like they might get another forfeit, because Night's Scorn hasn't really tried to schedule. Disappointing.

#124 BoyWonder

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFlorduh

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

A shame that a number of teams have dropped, would have liked to see division one played out as intended.

#125 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostTheMagician, on 07 March 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

It's also looking like they might get another forfeit, because Night's Scorn hasn't really tried to schedule. Disappointing.

That's pretty anti-climactic. Night's Scorn's slumping aside, ELP, Paragon and WSB played hard and each one is pretty deserving of that 2nd spot, it's a shame it comes down to things outside of their control. In the meantime, when in the hell are LW and KDR Squad going to play their match? I also want to know what's going on between DV8 and Blazing Aces. However, unlike KDR Squad and Luna Wolves, I get the sense that they're actually getting their match in gear.

#126 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Right now, assuming Blazing Aces beats DV8 3-0 (DV8 is the underdog but they're not complete **** either), then Blazing Aces would take first in Division 4 despite Jade Wolf having beaten them because they'd have more points thanks to Jade Wolf's tie with cReddit. KDR Squad and Luna Wolves is hard to call, but for the sake of making the placing easier, I'll say Luna Wolves wins 3-0. So, with that said, here's how I see the placement turning out:
  • Steel Jaguar
  • KaoS Legion
  • Blazing Aces
  • Snow Raven
  • Luna Wolves
  • Black Wolves
  • Jade Wolf
  • Paragon

#127 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostGaussDragon, on 07 March 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

I also want to know what's going on between DV8 and Blazing Aces.

We're scheduled to kick things off tonight

#128 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

That's pretty anti-climactic. Night's Scorn's slumping aside, ELP, Paragon and WSB played hard and each one is pretty deserving of that 2nd spot, it's a shame it comes down to things outside of their control.

This is a big part in why we are going to having a premier division next season.

#129 M3atloaf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

For Division 4, if DV8 beats blazing aces, Jade Wolf takes spot 1 and DV8 takes spot 2.

How is that even possible? DV8 never completed their week 1 match after they came in late and AFAIK they never scheduled it before Widowmakers pulled out of Division 4. Are they being given three free points for a match that they weren't around for and never scheduled, despite having two weeks open via forfeit? Surely they could have utilized Week 5 and Week 6 to schedule this which were prior to WM pulling out...

#130 M3atloaf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostBoyWonder, on 07 March 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

A shame that a number of teams have dropped, would have liked to see division one played out as intended.

A lot of us would have liked to see all the divisions played out as intended. Division 4 got hit hard with five teams dropping out... which sucked even after we had two replacement teams come in.

View PostTheMagician, on 07 March 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

This is a big part in why we are going to having a premier division next season.

Enlighten us please...

#131 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostM3atloaf, on 07 March 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

How is that even possible? DV8 never completed their week 1 match after they came in late and AFAIK they never scheduled it before Widowmakers pulled out of Division 4. Are they being given three free points for a match that they weren't around for and never scheduled, despite having two weeks open via forfeit? Surely they could have utilized Week 5 and Week 6 to schedule this which were prior to WM pulling out...

Boy you are REALLY scared to play us again. Doesn't even affect you guys at all and you are getting your panties in a bunch.

I guess you think it is fair for JW to get a forfeit win vs them but not us.

#132 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Don't quote me on this, but to my understanding there was an attempt to schedule a match with Widow and they refused.

#133 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostZ0MBIE Y0SHI, on 07 March 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Don't quote me on this, but to my understanding there was an attempt to schedule a match with Widow and they refused.

This is true and message was sent to Magician saying so a long long time ago.

#134 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

That's pretty anti-climactic. Night's Scorn's slumping aside, ELP, Paragon and WSB played hard and each one is pretty deserving of that 2nd spot, it's a shame it comes down to things outside of their control. In the meantime, when in the hell are LW and KDR Squad going to play their match? I also want to know what's going on between DV8 and Blazing Aces. However, unlike KDR Squad and Luna Wolves, I get the sense that they're actually getting their match in gear.

I agree, it was disappointing to see the season end with so many forfeits. Aside from the ones awarded to us, the Word of Lowtax team in our division dropped out as well, awarding other teams with forfeits also. We played a tough match against them in week one, and I was excited to see them match up against WSB. Unfortunate it ended much like a deflated balloon.

Oh and let me add: We knew coming into the season that the first half of our season was going to be very difficult. We didn't play a single team that wasn't at the very least solid. From that point, we saw that the second half would seemingly get easier, but we sure didn't expect the forfeits.

Edited by Snailio, 07 March 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#135 M3atloaf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 07 March 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Boy you are REALLY scared to play us again. Doesn't even affect you guys at all and you are getting your panties in a bunch.

I guess you think it is fair for JW to get a forfeit win vs them but not us.

Not scared at all. I'm fairly confident that you don't even stand a chance at making it to the playoffs regardless of the points that are awarded for a fight that you weren't even present for.

As far as it being fair, they pulled out of the league prior to our match against them. Everyone scheduled to fight a team after their opponent pulled out of the league has been awarded points for the forfeit... not prior. On top of that, WM scored points in the season prior to pulling out of the league and it would be an injustice to the teams that fought against them (win or lose) for another team who A) came in late to the party and :ph34r: didn't play them.

Let's also not forget those of us who took the time to make sure that we were present at the start of the league and stuck it out from Week 1 (late Oct, early Nov. IIRC) even after PGI put everything on hold for nearly 2 months because of the whining 4-mans. If you wanted things to be fair an equal, you shouldn't have come in mid season and should have been there from the start like everyone else at the top of their brackets.

#136 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

DV8 doesn't get points for their week 1 game. Against Blazing Aces, if BA wins, BA is ahead of DV8 by 6 points. If DV8 wins, that means they're tied for points, but since DV8 won the head-to-head, DV8 moves on into the playoffs and BA gets knocked out. So, in effect, the one game that they don't get points for doesn't really matter. If DV8 had that extra game, they'd only be tied with BA, so it still comes down to who wins that match anyway, the only difference is that in that situation, the winner would be determined by points, not by the head-to-head match in the case of a tie.

#137 BoyWonder

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFlorduh

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

How are the double elimination brackets being set up? 1A v 4B.... 1A v 2A....1A v 2B?

Asked the question on RHOD forums and got a very general reply.

#138 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostBoyWonder, on 07 March 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

How are the double elimination brackets being set up? 1A v 4B.... 1A v 2A....1A v 2B?

Asked the question on RHOD forums and got a very general reply.

I assume it's 1v8, 2v7, 3v6 and 4v5.

Also, what's the status of the BA vs DV8 game?

Edited by GaussDragon, 07 March 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#139 M3atloaf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

1-1 right now for DV8 v BA and BA had to field 5 of their B/C team.

#140 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostM3atloaf, on 07 March 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

1-1 right now for DV8 v BA and BA had to field 5 of their B/C team.

DV8 didn't have their entire A-team either :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users