#401 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Q: Indirect Fire Units
A: We have plans to introduce Artillery and Air Strikes into MWO this year. These will be consumable items players can equip to a module slot, and used during matchplay. Details will be forthcoming when we get close to releasing them.

This is a very, very bad idea. It will split the community into those who pay for the bigger advantage ingame.
Please made it take an equip-able slot instead such as a 'computer' so a command mech will have less weapons.

#402 Hrunting

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Best ask the Dev's so far. Not all happy news but news all the same. I would always prefer information I don't like over not having anything.

Sorry about the flack, Don't let it get you guys down.

Thanks from the Skye Rangers!

#403 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostAlilua, on 26 January 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

This is a very, very bad idea. It will split the community into those who pay for the bigger advantage ingame.
Please made it take an equip-able slot instead such as a 'computer' so a command mech will have less weapons.

I wouldn't worry about it, it'll probably be available to both side but also come with a cooldown period so you can't have strike after strike after strike.

#404 Sid Vishus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

eu servers this 4fps is bad very bad no date for just 2013 ffs Y cant you fix this isue as its is actualy stoping thousands of people from being able to play . no info on this you seem to avoid it like a lepar well i hav spent 80 pounds so far here i think that entitles people like myself who hav been forsed to suffer this 4fps isue at least an explanation and a date for when you plan to fix it . so 8 patches later and nothing
so if people are insulting you lot from what i can see perhaps you deserv it
SO WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO IMPLAMENT EU SERVERS CAN WE HAV A DATE PLEASE
OH AND I AM ONE OF THEM WHO HAV MADE 100+ POSTS MOSTLY ABOUT 4fps AND YE DAMRIGHT AV THROWN A FUE INSULTS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT FIX IT AND YOU DO NOT TELL US WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO.
IF PEOPLE ARE ANGRY WITH YOU LOT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT f*cking FLOWERS

http://mwomercs.com/...-rubberbanding/ 11say no 600 say yes i rest my case

Edited by Sid Vishus, 27 January 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#405 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 26 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

considering pandering to a phantasm group of players who are begging for 3rd person views because they cannot fathom a mechanic that is employed by each and every one of us on a day to day basis in our REAL lives. Turning the head independent of the rest of the body, or in MWO terms: Torso/Leg facings.

My wife never played FPS shooters in her life. And never before played MechWarrior games. Five actual combats - and she solved the "problem" mech's torso/leg facings. With my help, I must admit.
Big problem, from her words: there aren't training grounds. But, if I understood correctly, this'll be implemented in future.

#406 Greyson Carlyle

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

wow every forum writer should read these before posting as these will clear up just about any question!! Thank you guys sooo much and even in beta have created the best mechwarrior title to date!!!

#407 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostZaptruder, on 26 January 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

@Rejarial: Deluded in your own self importance, your many rants represents the smallest, most vocal and least worth while worrying about segment of players in the game.

It is NOT acceptable in any form to allow a company to NOT be held to a high standard of quality in terms of PR and the product they sell. You would not find it acceptable if you needed a very complex and life threatening surgery to have a surgeon who cheated his entire way through medical school, and training in the surgical field to operate on you, yet you are accepting of how PGI is doing things right now? I say again, SOME things they are doing are spectacular, while other things are shaking the foundation of our faith in them as a company and in their ability to handle this title with the reverence it deserves from being part of a near 30 year old beloved franchise. IF demanding they put out a quality product and represent it and themselves to a higher standard makes me deluded, then buddy, color me a proud and self deluded person who expects quality.

#408 Falso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the up-date, and keep it up!

I know we all are excited about the up-coming CW and reintroduction of knock-down (one of the BEST features that has set MWO apart from previous MW games) & net code fixes, but you guys are working hard, and we appreciate the heads-up!

Now just have to see how we get to fight the clans when they invade, that's going to be a BLAST! :P

#409 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostGreyson Carlyle, on 27 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

wow every forum writer should read these before posting as these will clear up just about any question!! Thank you guys sooo much and even in beta have created the best mechwarrior title to date!!!

Totally.
Thank you developers by the way, we can be a bit hard to please. I think it is too many hours in front of boards with little mech figurines. :)

#410 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

shouldn't there be a new "Ask the devs - questions 31" up by now?

#411 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Could you please up the engine caps on the Raven 2x and 4x to make them more competitive/viable? Not saying they have to be clones of the 3L and carry ECM, just maybe make the max engine size at least a 280? I LOVE my Raven 2x, but I hardly play it because the speed just isn't there to keep it a viable option. I get constantly torn apart by other lights. I am not saying it is impossible to win, just that these two could use a little buff and a little love. :P

#412 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

On thinking about it, this particular Ask the Devs has been better then most. <_< I guess what we can learn from all this is how important communication is. Please devs, keep your player base/customers in the loop. You will be all the more appreciated by keeping people informed.

Still the same, thank you to everyone involved in the MWO project for the work you all are putting in and here's to MWO reaching the potential the project should reach, to the dearest wish of everyone here. :)

#413 Kalam Mehkar

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostSlopey, on 22 January 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Not sure that splitting the servers is a good move. The game is perfectly playable from Europe as is.

European servers just mean a localised server, with less people playing, with many different languages - and because it's a "EU" server, they'll feel duty bound to chat in their own language (and there are notable nationalities who insist on doing so in MMOs), which doesn't help with pugging with a cross section of European players in a single game. (The EU is NOT a nice homogenised market like the US/Canada - don't assume it is!).

I can't think of a single sci-fi MMO where this has been a good thing down the line.

However - if people want it - that's their lookout.

The only thing I ask is this - as an EU based customer (UK), do NOT force me to play on the EU servers. I'd rather play on the US server with a larger player base, and one single language (by and large). The ping is not a problem for me, so I don't see the need to play on an EU based server.

If you restrict it geographically, that will not be a Good Thing™.

I'm in the U.S., and was playing with a very fun/nice guy from Finland I believe who had a better ping time than I did (~100ms vs. ~130ms).

I was a little jealous when he told me he was in Europe.. ;)

So I've had no problem playing with a number of EU players and would like to see them continue to be available to play with/against in the future.

Thanks,
-KM

#414 Tzukasa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

"Q: Indirect Fire Units
A: We have plans to introduce Artillery and Air Strikes into MWO this year. These will be consumable items players can equip to a module slot, and used during matchplay. Details will be forthcoming when we get close to releasing them"

NO NO NO!!! This will KILL the game. Why would you put in this CoD style feature?! It's the main thing I Hate about CoD and frankly people play this game cause they Want Something Different than Cod... Seriously none of the 50+ members of my clan want a feature like this and I'd bet that the majority of people would agree they Don't want something like this. Seriously PGI Why do you keep insisting on putting in features that the majority of your players Don't Want?! You guys really need to wake up and start paying attention to your community, that is while you still have one...

#415 Sid Vishus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

just about ready to giv up on thes people ever fixing the low fps

#416 Roger Maverick

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I thank the battletech gods, or maybe just you devs, that you aren't going to implement a WoW/Diablo style skill tree. Thanks for all the answers, I'm eager to see 99% of that go live :o

Edited by Roger Maverick, 30 January 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#417 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostRoger Maverick, on 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

I thank the battletech gods, or maybe just you devs, that you aren't going to implement a WoW/Diablo style skill tree. Thanks for all the answers, I'm eager to see 99% of that go live :lol:

I would rather see a cheaper XP tree that is more varied to suit each particular mech, as it is, you have 3 types out there: those with 0 on the trees, those partially filled in on trees, and those that fully filled the trees. with all perks and crap being the exact same, mech for mech, variant for variant, its just the same bloody crap at either end of the spectrum, so cookie cutter, so bland

#418 SilverlightPony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostSid Vishus, on 30 January 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

just about ready to giv up on thes people ever fixing the low fps

My framerate is fine. Problem's on your end.

#419 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Q: Are you going to introduce Europe located server? If yes, when?
A: Yes. 2013.

So either us Oceanic folk will have to CONTINUE TO PERSEVERE with +250ms pings (wouldnt surprise me), or will at the same time as the Europe server rolls out an Oceanic server will rolling out?
Though im sure something would have been said if they were going to roll out both servers at the same time.

Looks like its back off to Hawken for a while (they have Oceanic servers)....

Edited by ebea51, 31 January 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#420 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Are PPCs spreading their damage across a target area? If so, how much?

When Clan technology is introduced, will we be able to use clan technology on inner sphere mech? Weapons? Endo steel? FF armor? Engines? Masc?

Any luck on rearranging our mechs in the mech bay?

Could we switch back to the old overheat - override system... Not a fan of the new system!

Thanks!! :mellow:

Edited by MavRCK, 31 January 2013 - 10:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users