456 replies to this topic

#421 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I feel so informed now. Thank you. (Just to be absolutely clear, that was NOT sarcasm)

#422 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

A year or more till we get Solaris VII.

Sad.

#423 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 02 February 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

A year or more till we get Solaris VII.

Sad.

the sad thing? this game right now IS Solaris VII. No content, no story arc's just a constant stream of gladiatorial fights that never end. Oh sure we can call it conquest mode or assault mode, but with no real reason to conquest OR assault <pathetic place holders that are sadly becoming the FEATURES of this game> it is Solaris VII with out the witty repartee or purse to fight for it is just one death match after the next. THAT will kill this game, it really will. Death of the 1000 cuts vs the gaping slash that would be 3pp.

#424 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

@ Rejarial: Your bitterness never ceases to amuse.

"Before I die, I want to be able to find genuine happiness with my life."

Yeah, that'll only happen when you sort out the problems within yourself. World will never be perfect, there'll always be things to gripe over. Your money isn't so valuable that you can't spend it to enjoy yourself.

#425 nezdehny

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Will you add all mechs from older mechwarrior?

#426 The Trice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Q: Should there be a data wipe, or at least a stats wipe when (if ever) Open Beta is deemed over?
A: We plan to wipe stats when achievements come online.

So that means that All our kill to death ratio will be wiped right ?

#427 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostThe Trice, on 03 February 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

Q: Should there be a data wipe, or at least a stats wipe when (if ever) Open Beta is deemed over?

So that means that All our kill to death ratio will be wiped right ?

Does it matter when such a high number of deaths are caused by CTD, black screen, yellow screen, game randomly minimizing (this just started, no idea why), getting shot through buildings (happened yesterday, lasers through buildings), getting stuck on the map, etc.etc.etc...

#428 Chauneko

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Locationwhat should be a cold place

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostWolfways, on 03 February 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Does it matter when such a high number of deaths are caused by CTD, black screen, yellow screen, game randomly minimizing (this just started, no idea why), getting shot through buildings (happened yesterday, lasers through buildings), getting stuck on the map, etc.etc.etc...

It's not the KD ratio itself I'm going to be sad to watch go, it's the fact that they will have achievements for things like 1000 kills or 1000 wins etc and I'm going to be stuck regrinding all of that all over again. It is literally months of effort for me to reacquire those milestones regardless of what the ratios work out to be. ;)

#429 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

]Q: Should there be a data wipe, or at least a stats wipe when (if ever) Open Beta is deemed over?[/b]

Stats...really..if you get passed open beta reset everything let everyone start fresh and clean.

#430 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostZaptruder, on 02 February 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

@ Rejarial: Your bitterness never ceases to amuse.

"Before I die, I want to be able to find genuine happiness with my life."

Yeah, that'll only happen when you sort out the problems within yourself. World will never be perfect, there'll always be things to gripe over. Your money isn't so valuable that you can't spend it to enjoy yourself.

Gonna share something with you, then maybe my bitterness will stop being so amusing to you. Once you survive an attempt on your life, life loses that nice rose colored glow it had. For me, it has been nearly 20 years since the attempt on my life. Safe to say, bitter is as far as I get. Do me a favor, next time, try to find my bitterness less amusing as it is garish of you, among other attributes I shall not name.

#431 FL4sH

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Very insightful - Thanks

#432 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 03 February 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Gonna share something with you, then maybe my bitterness will stop being so amusing to you. Once you survive an attempt on your life, life loses that nice rose colored glow it had. For me, it has been nearly 20 years since the attempt on my life. Safe to say, bitter is as far as I get. Do me a favor, next time, try to find my bitterness less amusing as it is garish of you, among other attributes I shall not name.

That's a shame to hear. No one deserves that kind of thing. But that doesn't make you immune from having to hear the hard truths. You're a downer on yourself and the people you communicate with. That incessant negativity is corroding your mind. At some point, the criticisms go from valid to just noise. You strike me as a person through the many posts I've skimmed of yours that will always look for a reason to be dissatisfied. You're going to have to learn to let it go if you want to be happy.

I've been to dark places in my life too (although not an attempt on my life kinda thing); and I've found that yes things can always be better, but things aren't so bad that they can't be enjoyed and relished for what they are.

#433 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostTzukasa, on 29 January 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

[...]
A: We have plans to introduce Artillery and Air Strikes into MWO this year.
[...]
Seriously PGI Why do you keep insisting on putting in features that the majority of your players Don't Want?! You guys really need to wake up and start paying attention to your community, that is while you still have one...

I disagree with you, having a (nicely implemented - mind you) artillery feature would be nice.

And by the way: I wonder how could you safely say what the majority of the community do or does not want? It´s amazing how many people are using that exact argument to push their opinions forward on both sides of all issues here. It´s like this place has TWO opposing majorities :D

And don´t even get me started with "the 30 members of your clan" or "all people I talk with". We had 2500 players on server at the same time at CLOSED beta. Unless you´ve been talking with some 10000 people and they all agree on this, you have no idea on what a majority is (try starting a pool on this, once you get about a 1000 votes you might start to get the Dev´s attention - even though you would still be very far from reaching 50% of the players)

#434 Oxcide

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for all the good information, however, I would like to see the lobby function be put in sooner than you had said. I am sure when it is implemented it will be great.

Thanks

#435 M a y h e m

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationGMT -8:00 - Vancouver B.C.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Like the new format, easy to digest.

Edited by Alaric VISIGOTH, 05 February 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#436 STR4NG3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationKamloops,BC Canada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

thanks for the info!!
Although I cant say I like all the answers I am happy with a few and will let the whiners complain about the rest......

Thank you greatly for your continued attempts to keep us happy and the game playable

#437 Belazur

Rookie

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Are you maybe going to put some new mechs in the game to purchase like the Mad Cat or Vulture, Loki and so forth?

#438 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

But I like my stats...

#439 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image
Forget about wiping stats just get rid of them entirely. It would just be nice if stats were not recorded.

I don't play right now because I don't think the game is worth buying premium for currently and I wouldn't want to mess up my stats.

Can I get confirmation from a developer that stats are being wiped please.

#440 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostJess Hazen, on 05 February 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Posted Image
Forget about wiping stats just get rid of them entirely. It would just be nice if stats were not recorded.

I don't play right now because I don't think the game is worth buying premium for currently and I wouldn't want to mess up my stats.

Can I get confirmation from a developer that stats are being wiped please.

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Your ELO score should be more important to you. This is being tracked starting on the 5th and is pre-seeding this system for full implementation on the 19th of* this month.

EDIT: For some reason I'm having a hard time finding the Dev post about them pre-seeding the ELO scores.

EDIT 2: Forgot it was an Announcement.

Bryan Ekman said:

Matchmaking Phase 3

Phase 3 goes live behind the scenes on February 5th. Players will not see any difference in matchmaking immediately during this first deployment. We are running a series of final tests, along with pre-seeding player’s ELO scores. If everything goes well, and no technical issues are uncovered, we plan to switch the current matchmaking system over on February 19th. Once online, the new matchmaker will undergo several tuning passes as we collect data.

From what I see here, they will switch to the new ELO system Febuary 19th.
If they're happy with how it's set up and there's no under-the-hood issues.

I just hope our 'ELO Score' isn't visible in any way like our current stats. I hope they keep this number server-side. Seeing ePeen™ measured by stats is reminiscent of CoD/Halo and this is neither of those games.

Edited by CompproB237, 06 February 2013 - 10:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users