456 replies to this topic

#21 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Appreciated the info given and the time taken to compile this. I understand the job at hand is a hard one to complete. I say this not out of anger but I still am a little disappointed with the decision to run towards open beta. It probably made more financial sense, but if you guys step back, and by you guys I mean the devs, and look at this list, can you honestly say that what you have released to the public in its current form is a near finished product? All I have heard is that "beta" does not mean what it used to and with this list I see so many features that would make an awesome game, however, many of them are not going to be implemented fully until the end of 2013 or even later. I know was part of closed and had a blast playing the game, and many have been here longer than me, playing this game and enjoying it. I speak only for myself but I have come to only play a few matches a week, if that because it has grown stale. I am sure there are more out there who share my thoughts and will continue to support the team and the goals they have. I personally believe that you should have spent more time before even going to alpha on working on the framework and foundation of this franchise/game. A bare bones MechWarrior game is currently what we have with the promise of a full fledged title by the end of 2013 and even then maybe 2014. I hope that the team can keep the support coming in because this is starting to look more and more like what happened with Hammerpoint.

Best of wishes to the team,

Grim

#22 Iwaslost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostWarrax the Chaos Warrior, on 22 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

I don't see too much here for people to whine and rage about, but it'll happen anyway :)

Not completely thrilled about all the answers, but thank you very much for being frank with us. Should quiet some of the accusations about the lack of communication from the dev team.

Of course they will complain. They will complain about a lack of deadlines and if Garth had put deadlines they would complain about any that were missed.

#23 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

"Q: Is your team discouraged at all by the community outrage?
A: It hurts, and you are always amazed at how nasty people can be. Some days you don’t want to deal with it. But you suck it up and try and understand why someone would call you an ***** or *******, or threaten you. I can’t tell you how many people complain, yet play dozens if not hundreds of matches a day, and spend significant amounts of money. I generally don’t take it to heart any more, especially when comments come from someone who has 100s or 1000s of posts. It’s the guy who has 1 post that I’m worried about. It took something significantly good or bad for them to come and make a post, and we tend to listen to them more carefully. And before you all go off about not listening to the core fans, we still listen to you as well."

Bcs people have a great passion for the game and the little things that hurt you each game slowly add up to a huge pain that needs relief.
Bcs people have not had a true Mechwarrior game for a decade and everybody want it to be the best possible game it can be.
Bcs people fear it may not succeed.
Bcs the internet is every Bullys Bullyland and they get used to the fact that most pvp games best pvp is forum pvp.

:)

#24 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

I knew the Modules were the endgame, instead of the Leveling Skills!

Now I know instead of know. Thanks :)

#25 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Thank you for the answers. I was really looking forward to the "old-new" format.

#26 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

This. It's what we've been waiting for. I love you.

I'm not even happy about a lot of the answers, but I do appreciate that you went beyond the call of duty and answered everything you could.

I know we're a whiny bunch, but it's mostly because we want this game to succeed as much as you guys. Thank you, and good (bug) hunting.

Beyond the call of duty would be to use context to explain decisions, not just give clipped answers and near meaningless dates. This is "least they could do to fulfill their stated obligation".

#27 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Jesus, what a huge chunk of info! Thank you to all involved for taking the time to answer the community's questions.

As for the feelings regarding the ragers... I'm truly sorry you have to put up with them. I see no situation that should give a person a right to talk with such acidic hatred to another human, but everyone is a big man when they're behind the screen. We love you guys, we love what you're doing for the community, and we love your game. Thanks for making the effort to communicate with us in such a fantastic manner.

#28 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Q: [insert question about ECM]
A: There are a lot of personal opinions about how ECM should work. ECM is currently under review and will undergo minor tweaks along with additions to help counter/disrupt the ECM effects. We are prepping a Command Chair post with details soon.

That's more than I needed to hear... Thank you.

#29 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Well, that was one heck of a post. Not all good news, but exactly what I wanted to have laid out for better or worse. Looking forward to the coming year.

#30 Cola

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Was this so hard that we couldn't have had answers like this from the start?

Nice to finaly see yes/no answers on stuff that actuly matters.

#31 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

good info in here... in fact I feel there is always pretty decent info from the devs in the Command Chair, Patch Feedback, and in personal interview like on NGNG podcasts.

If more people would put down the torches and pitchforks, have some patience, listen to what is being said without trying to turn everything into a conspiracy theory, well the whole community would be better off... the trolling and general sky is falling QQ has just grown old... so now some people just need to grow up.

Thanks for the efforts, looking forward to the future.

#32 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Thanks! Best 'Ask the DEVs' so far!

#33 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Best QA ever (so far).

#34 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Terra.

Thanks guys, there is a lot there to be excited about.

#35 Soulryder

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Thanks for answering those questions Bryan. Lots of good stuff and some things I'm sure some of us would like to see sooner, but most of us understand the time it takes to develop the current list of projects. Keep up the good work team.

As for the haters, *shrug*. SIN Darkness, stop saying we in such a general terms. You do not speak for me.

#36 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Q: Collisions
A: They will return later in the year (no definitive date). We have higher priority tasks (CW).

I do not understand why this is not top priority. Nothing implemented while collisions are out will be balanced or work properly, because the light mechs just noclip through larger mechs to avoid fire.

It's like fighting a damn wraith who does not even need to materialize to strike.

#37 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

really great post and lots to be happy about for the future. Somethings are tough to swallow right now in game but this sort of straightforward info about what may be coming up hopefully will settle some nerves (translation: nerd rage) on the forums or at least give a solid point to link to for the various repeated ad nauseum QQ threads

#38 Slopey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Not sure that splitting the servers is a good move. The game is perfectly playable from Europe as is.

European servers just mean a localised server, with less people playing, with many different languages - and because it's a "EU" server, they'll feel duty bound to chat in their own language (and there are notable nationalities who insist on doing so in MMOs), which doesn't help with pugging with a cross section of European players in a single game. (The EU is NOT a nice homogenised market like the US/Canada - don't assume it is!).

I can't think of a single sci-fi MMO where this has been a good thing down the line.

However - if people want it - that's their lookout.

The only thing I ask is this - as an EU based customer (UK), do NOT force me to play on the EU servers. I'd rather play on the US server with a larger player base, and one single language (by and large). The ping is not a problem for me, so I don't see the need to play on an EU based server.

If you restrict it geographically, that will not be a Good Thing™.

Edited by Slopey, 22 January 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#39 stavro

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

i love you guys. you're awesome ;)
looking forward to all mentioned above.
keep up the good great work!

#40 Ranzear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hm, no resize for the Centurion. Guess they get to stay a walking 'shoot me here' billboard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users