How Great The Developers Are!

132 replies to this topic

#1 Alcatraz968

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationBehind You!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Greetings Everyone, This thread is dedicated to how great this game is and how well the developers are doing. Negative comments should be ignored (If a moderator wants to delete them, by my guest).

With the new Q&A up, i detected a lot of anger from Garth. I am sure others felt this mood also.

I ask people come together in this thread to tell the developers about how they love this game. How they had a blast last night. Post pictures of great games, funny Teamspeak moments, etc...

And most of all, How the developers are doing great work with a team of 40, and little money.

This thread is a cry out to all gamer's on here that love Robot Simulator with Gauss Rifles, Ac-20's, LRM's, SRM's, Medium Lasers, and all that is inbetween.

Make your love of this game known to the developers, and fight the negativity. They Dev's want feedback, not Complaining / Threatening / Trolling. (Don't discuss feedback in this thread please).

And most importantly, They want to know people enjoy there work!

#2 Galland

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yes, I love this game. Thank you, PGI. You hooked me back into the Battletech universe.

#3 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think 1400 matches is enough to prove my love for MWO. It's buggy, I have to lag-shoot like crazy, there aren't many maps, it's got tons of balance problems, and I'm still back for more, night after night.

I have the utmost respect for PGI and what they're trying to do. Most of the whiners know nothing about game development; that **** is hard, and they're doing a damn good job. I would also like to personally apologize for any whine I have caused that has made a developer sad or angry.

Edited by Homeless Bill, 22 January 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#4 LoneUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

In before lock

#5 Darius Deadeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I have always loved the Mechwarrior franchise, and am just happy to see it being picked up again.

The game is not currently anywhere near a finished state, but I enjoy what is being offered so far.

PGI, take my money and thanks, and keep up development.

I'll throw in some gratitude and patience sprinkled on top.

#6 shadevarr

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 71 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

love PGI, by far the best dev team I have seen. I even yell at other dev teams to be more like PGI. I need to go load more MC so yall can have a beer on me.

#7 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

There was a similar post to this a week ago but I cant find It so I will say what I like so far.

-The art style- This is a big home run for me, between the mech designs, weapon effects, and landscaping I feel that PGI has really done well in this area. This extends to the Camo and color, even though I do think once you buy it it should be yours forever (for that mech variant at least.)

-The Core gameplay - regardless of what others say, I truely feel that the gameplay mechanics are solid and constantly improving. There are always more issues to address in ANY pvp game. People who dont think so have not played a pvp game at release. Balance is something that is constantly worked on the for the entire existance of an MMO/F2P game. I think the weapons, mechs, and classes are all well balanced and the leveling system does offer an upgrade but a pilot with no upgrades but more skill will beat the leveled up pilot every time.

-Free to Play done right- I feel the free to play model is very well done here. The only thing you cannot buy for in game money is mechbays, hero mechs, and colors/decorations. Even the hero mechs are comparable to existing models only with slightly different traits. People can get the cbills to buy any mech class and weapon and can win just fine with the free model. As someone who has founders and heros mechs, I can tell you that they are not "super OP" or anything. They add different spice and nice income, but I have stock variants that can do essentially the same job.

-Community involvement- Even though PGI can be much maligned by the vocal minority on the forums, they are actually quite engaged in the community compared to any other developers. They do Q and A, podcasts, posts, updates, interviews, and playthroughs all the time. They answer audience questions and concerns constantly. If you dont see this you arent doing your research (and perhaps they should advertise more, eg. highlighting the interviews they do with synopsis posts or something.) I feel that PGI is doing a great job tolerating and engaging with the community and they truly want to work with us to make a game we want to play and include things we want to buy (hey they need to eat too, this isnt a charity.)

There are always more things I would like to see in this game. Be it more mechs, maps, metagame, etc. I am sure they will come and I will continue to support this game until they do.

#8 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

This game is perfect in every way and has exactly zero flaws, truly, it is god's gift to PC games with not even a single fault, doubtlessly the best game PGI has been involved with since Duke Nukem Forever.

#9 TunaR

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I LURVE YOU PGI

#10 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thank you Devs! You have no idea how much we truly do appreciate your great work! Keep it up!

#11 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Anyone surfing the forums knows that I have my share of complaints regarding their communication. But make no mistake: I love this game.

I love that Free2Win is nonexistent, and that by the time I had to spend money to buy more mechbays, I had already gotten well more than my money's worth in fun matches.

I love that it actually feels like I'm piloting an enormous, powerful, multi-story mech.

I love the "thunk" of my double ac20's firing, and I love the visceral feeling I get watching a light mech tumble down with a shower of sparks and a plume of smoke.

I love the absolutely ludicrous amount of customization and variety that's available even within the same variant, let alone the same chassis.

I love this game, and I really, really hope that it succeeds and that we'll all still be playing a year from now.

#12 CoolLew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 224 posts
  • LocationInnersphere, Chaos March, Terra, South Carolina

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostDarius Deadeye, on 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

I have always loved the Mechwarrior franchise, and am just happy to see it being picked up again.

The game is not currently anywhere near a finished state, but I enjoy what is being offered so far.

well said ;)

#13 Darius Deadeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 22 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

This game is perfect in every way and has exactly zero flaws, truly, it is god's gift to PC games with not even a single fault, doubtlessly the best game PGI has been involved with since Duke Nukem Forever.

lol @ excessive sarcasm, most noteably "...best game PGI has been involved with since Duke Nukem Forever",

#14 Koningswulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 184 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I love this game and while I can remain mystified about some things, I understand that many times it all depends on issues as time, resources and different views. I think you Developerd do a great job and I hope this game with added lobby and community warfare will raise to a Ristar game level!

I dont see anger in Garths in answer instead I see a sadness and some small amount of lowered spirit.
Just so you know Garth you are doing a great and superb job and I hope you will continue doing this for ages to come!

#15 Bigamo

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

its a team of 40? you should be trolling me! I would NEVER guess that were more than 8 people making this game...

Funny thing is that in a 40 person team NO ONE figured out how much the stupid ecm **** broke the game?

#16 Rokuzachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I was feeling up about the game, having had a lot of fun this weekend with my other friend who plays. We had some crazy matches, tried some crazy loadouts and had a good time.

Then I saw that they aren't planning to let people reconnect to matches if they drop for whatever reason. Immediately concerned again.

#17 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostDarius Deadeye, on 22 January 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

lol @ excessive sarcasm, most noteably "...best game PGI has been involved with since Duke Nukem Forever",

Piranah worked on the multiplayer for DNF.

#18 BertyBargo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBurgerland

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostRokuzachi, on 22 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Then I saw that they aren't planning to let people reconnect to matches if they drop for whatever reason. Immediately concerned again.

I wouldn't be. I'm sure because of all the disconnecter and suicider players, the devs figure people would rather just hop to a different mech instead of play the match out.

#19 Termius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I like where the game is going, and I can only hope fore good things from the devs ;)

#20 ElmoWithAGun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Location123 Sesame Street

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 22 January 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Piranah worked on the multiplayer for DNF.

And look how well that turned out... ;)

37 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users