#21 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Suddenly not so proud of my 5 kill record.

lol

Good job. <_<

#22 Lee Ving

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

View PostICEFANG13, on 24 January 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

the I in team. jpg

Big coincidence it occurs in the A-hole, huh?

#23 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

I've gotten a couple 7's in my Hunch 4G, but it's been a while since I've been working on other mechs.....

#24 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostPhatel, on 23 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

You did not get 8 kills, you simply finished off 8 mechs. Show me a screenshot where your team has 0 dmg and you killed the entire enemy team solo. Then I will be impressed.

To be fair the column says "Kills" not "finished off" Look at his damage its almost 4x his nearest team mate. Granted his team helps by distracting the enemy team enough where he could deliver that damage, but dont minimize his efforts. To me its impressive even if people dont think so, I look at the damage done not the kills BTW.

Edited by Viper69, 24 January 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#25 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

View Postmwhighlander, on 24 January 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

But there is a "me" where I put the team on my back.

I was expecting to see the opposing team being dragged forward by the ball carrier. This was an amazing play though.

#26 Lee Ving

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostViper69, on 24 January 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

To be fair the column says "Kills" not "finished off" Look at his damage its almost 4x his nearest team mate. Granted his team helps by distracting the enemy team enough where he could deliver that damage, but dont minimize his efforts. To me its impressive even if people dont think so, I look at the damage done not the kills BTW.

Looking at damage done isn't necessarily indicative of quality aiming / play skill though. Huge damage numbers come from LRM boats that are well supported, and people spamming SRMs without consistently landing on the same torso.

Hypothetically, someone using a dual gauss / AC build might well have less than 600 damage but was responsible for CTing every enemy mech.

#27 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostNadia Winson, on 24 January 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Big coincidence it occurs in the A-hole, huh?
:D
Oh touche' on a rather good observation! <_< :D

#28 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Congrats.I would feel a little less dirty saying that if you weren't piloting a splatcat...but none the less,congrats lol
I've gotten the 8 kill rounds only twice myself.Once in my dirty lag shield jenner way back in CB,right before open beta,and the other time I think I was in one of my cataphracts,just recently.Both times were 1000+ damage while my team did less than that combined,so I feel like I at least earned the kills.I've gotten more than a few 7 kill rounds.

#29 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostPhatel, on 23 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

You did not get 8 kills, you simply finished off 8 mechs. Show me a screenshot where your team has 0 dmg and you killed the entire enemy team solo. Then I will be impressed.

At 1,200 damage, he pretty much solo'd the enemy team. Zabongo looked like the only one that actually contributed on his team with 360 damage and 7 assists, and still alive at the end. The rest just distracted the enemy team with their worthlessness.

Congratulations.

#30 Ivanzypher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 94 posts
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Pfffff, 1200 damage? What a noob :D Real men get 1300
Posted Image 1300 damage in my Large Pulse Laser AWS-9M.
Nah but seriously, nicely done. I was practically jumping around the room when I got my 8 kill match. It's always impressive to see an 8 kill scoreboard. Even if it was in a cheesecat <_<

Oh, I seem to be posting this pic rather often the past few days. It's always been relevant. I'm not just boasting or anything :D Nope. Not at all.

Edited by Ivanzypher, 24 January 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#31 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostNadia Winson, on 24 January 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Looking at damage done isn't necessarily indicative of quality aiming / play skill though. Huge damage numbers come from LRM boats that are well supported, and people spamming SRMs without consistently landing on the same torso.

Hypothetically, someone using a dual gauss / AC build might well have less than 600 damage but was responsible for CTing every enemy mech.

Yes but when you look at the whole picture, his kills, damage done and his teams lack there of it paints the picture of he bore the load of damage output, SRMs by their nature are inaccurate so the aiming thing is moot. Point is, he did almost 4x the damage, survived, won and had the most kills. How is that not effective nor judicious use of his firepower?

#32 Malsumis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image

#33 Kaldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

8 kills one time. Atlas RS with 4 LLs and 42 single heatsinks.

#34 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

The slow blade penetrates the shield.

#35 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostImmelmann, on 24 January 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

there is no "I" in "team"

But there is an I in Victory or Win, whatever you prefer.

#36 Lee Ving

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostViper69, on 24 January 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Yes but when you look at the whole picture, his kills, damage done and his teams lack there of it paints the picture of he bore the load of damage output, SRMs by their nature are inaccurate so the aiming thing is moot. Point is, he did almost 4x the damage, survived, won and had the most kills. How is that not effective nor judicious use of his firepower?

Never said it wasn't effective or judicious in that match, merely pointing out that damage in and of itself isn't a good indicator of much. In other words, I'm noting that your rule of thumb has huge exceptions.

It is worth remembering that the rest of his team did 1103 in damage when combined. That's little more than 100 damage difference from what he did, or half of the damage meted out to the enemy team. That reinforces the point that he finished everyone off.

You concluded your statement noting that "I look at the damage done not the kills BTW," but are retorting to my response noting that you are looking at kills. QED

#37 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Nice Splatapulting, OP!

I think the highest I've ever got was 6 using a Flame Dragon. I've had 5 once or twice (IIRC) with an Awesome laser boat. The Flame actually gets kills without doing much damage because I try and use it to run up behind some unsuspecting mech and shoot it in the back. If I'm lucky I can do it to several targets in a row - and then up go the kills. The ratio of damage to kills must be less than half what it is when I do OK with the Awesome because I'm not having to bash through frontal armour. Usually, I don't do anything like so well as these numbers, but then again I only play pugs without VOIP.

And yes, I know these stats don't mean much because most of the targets will already have been weakened by other members of the team, but they're still a nice oddity when they do occur.

#38 BillyM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think it is spectacular (even in a cheeze-build) and his posting it up is cool to see.

...anyone looking down on his mild-mannered posting can be assumed to be only jealous.

That said, who's done it in a Medium? Lets see THOSE screenshots.

--billyM

#39 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

How did I know OP would be in the "club"?

HOW>>>???? did i know that????

I MUST be a freakin genius!!!!!!

#40 Profiteer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I don't know the OP but I was on his team during that match (Profiteer).

I got killed mid-way through and spectated his mech.

He played bloody well, used cover, flanked mechs, got beaten to hell and still got the last 2 kills with one ear of his cat blown off.

Much respect.

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users