78 replies to this topic

#61 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

i just made 6 with my cicada i couldn't kill the 7th because the time run out. It was the crazyest mach ever! My team weakened most of them in caustic valley. And the last 4 was still standing, in the middle of the crater. My team said i sould try to kill them! so i did start to flying in and out from the crater running a big round on the hill then dive in and core them with one or two shot thy didn't even know whats killing them. when ever i went in the crater one of them fall and couldn't shoot back in the end just one stud but i hate to circle around mechs and i didnt realize my time was up couldnt make my last run.
after the mach i had to go for a walk because my heart almost jump out and my legs and hands were shaking violently for 5-10 minit.

i believe these runs are the real mechwarrior experiences
so well done all of u who killed 7 in a round and ur my heroes who finished of the whole team by them self its no easy

#62 liku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Actualy my best ever damage kill ratio is 4 kill (alone without help) in pug for an atomic 300 dmg...no i ditnt forgot one 1000 (even f some got nine)
Got i think lucky hs and less ff

For me a best fun match is 7kills and 6 assists

#63 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostICEFANG13, on 24 January 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

There is also an EM which, when viewed in a mirror spells, ME! Selfishness all up in here!

#64 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I've done this once, and only once, last weekend during DXP when I was leveling my last cataphract.

Posted Image

I make no claims that I soloed the entire enemy team. It was one of those games where one side sets up and the other side obligingly walks in to die, and I was simply the one to get the kill shots. I certainly did more than my fair share of damage, did a good job coring out weakened enemies quickly before they could do the same to us, and did essentially solo a couple of those kills, but it was still very much a team effort. Still, it's uncommon enough that I definitely wanted to preserve it for posterity.

Interesting thing is, I *have* had matches where I essentially soloed most of the enemy team to win, but they've been 6 or 7 kill, not 8. I'm not quite good enough to solo an entire enemy team if they're still mostly unscathed and my teammates haven't weakened some of them and picked off one or two, heh. :(

#65 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

yeah 8 kills is no slacker but it usually does involve kill stealing and perhaps the lucky back stab. still good work you're team was great at distraction and cannon fodder and you cleaned house, usually i'm teamed up with more cappable players so theres a lot of 2-2-3-1-1 kill ratios happening on the score cards. when i get four or over i just feel i'm with lack luster people and thank god the enemy were worse! so if you get 7 or 8 it shows you are very effective well done. big congrats to those managing it in laser boats like the dragon pilot, that's working and earning right there.

what gets me is how often you'll find these scores attributed to point blank direct fire alphas stacked srms gauss or ac20, mostly in catas.

is there an op in the wings???

#66 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 24 January 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

yeah 8 kills is no slacker but it usually does involve kill stealing and perhaps the lucky back stab.

Mainly it's a lot of luck in getting the kill shot 8 times, but no matter how you get it, unless it's some kind of setup, it is extremely rare.

#67 CheebaMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationPsst, behind you...

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Does 8 Tks in one match count?

#68 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Got 8 kills twice in closed beta with a gauss cat. Don't think I saved the first time:

http://flic.kr/p/dPrv49

This one's pretty funny too: LUCKY 7 FTW!

http://flic.kr/p/dPrvnd

#69 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

This is my most recent one.

Posted Image

Dueled a Dragon and a Raven 3L with my one remaining Medium Laser to the death.

#70 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostPenance, on 24 January 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

There is also an EM which, when viewed in a mirror spells, ME! Selfishness all up in here!

Then "I" and "ME" can "MATE" in the A-hole to form a "TEAM" of "MEAT"!

Edited by Jetfire, 24 January 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#71 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I've managed to get 8 kills once in my Atlas D-DC. It was a bit funny because it seems like the others only wanted to shoot at the enemy mechs so much, then stopped.

#72 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

These sort of threads frustrate me for 1 reason... Too many times have I been left in outnumbered brawls, because my 'team mates' run off chasing lights or easy kills. Only to have them return when I am out of armor, red on internals, missing 3/4 of my weapons, and 1 shot away from scoring a couple of kills. But I never get the kills, because they drop the mechs I am about to, whilst leaving the fully operational ones still pounding away at me, to kill me. So no, you will get no credit from me.

#73 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I've never had 8 but had a few 7's. But I've also had games where I've done almost 1200 damage and not have a single kill, but 7 assist. Also had some games where I did 1100+ damage, have 6 kills and lose a match. Before anyone says I was spamming LRMs, I run an atlas with ac/20 and 3xsrm4 artemis. I've had many games where I'm chopping off parts only to have a little raven give the killing blow. Would be nice to have stats for assists.

#74 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 24 January 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

what gets me is how often you'll find these scores attributed to point blank direct fire alphas stacked srms gauss or ac20, mostly in catas.

is there an op in the wings???

totally agree with that.

#75 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

I'm going to have to take a snapshot the next time I do a team kill with my jenner-f with 6 MLs

#76 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Congrats. It is a rare combination of luck and skill, should enjoy those games. Closest I could come was 7 and an assist. But someday maybe.

#77 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostCheebaMech, on 24 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Does 8 Tks in one match count?

Only if you suicide at the end to get the 8th ;)

#78 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostScreech, on 26 January 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Congrats. It is a rare combination of luck and skill, should enjoy those games. Closest I could come was 7 and an assist. But someday maybe.

It's mostly luck. I've probably got close to a hundred 6 kill games at this point, I always miss the last two because inevitably a few guys will wander off somewhere.

#79 RawheadRex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Frozen Tundra

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I feel left out.....best match yet was 5 kills 4 assists ;)

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users