Force Re Patch No Re-Installation Needed

24 replies to this topic

#1 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Go To "C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32" and Delete "frontend_version.dll" then start your game and click patch!

Instant Fix to replace corrupt files, missing files, or you can't start your game whatever it may be this will fix your problem.

if problem persists, or you want to try everything at once:

1.Delete the cryengine.dll both dx9 and dx11 this will force the game to look for missing files

Edited by DeerSpotter, 22 February 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#2 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the advice ^_^ I'm redownloading the patch right now I'll tell you how it works out for me.

#3 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Yep it worked! It let me reinstall just the patch to fix a corrupted file error. Though when I redownloaded I got a different corrupted file error, so it's probably a good idea to follow some of the steps from this thread, sans actually uninstalling the entire game. I'm trying that right now.

#4 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostWatchit, on 23 January 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yep it worked! It let me reinstall just the patch to fix a corrupted file error. Though when I redownloaded I got a different corrupted file error, so it's probably a good idea to follow some of the steps from this thread, sans actually uninstalling the entire game. I'm trying that right now.

This is interesting, maybe you had an error prior to the patch?

This should of fixed it.

#5 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

I think what happened is that when I redownloaded it was corrupted again. The problem the first time was I'd get an Cryengine FR read error on login, and the second time I got the error whenever I tried to use my dragon, or a dragon dropped in my match.

#6 Tuugrymm

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationFredericksburg

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

This fix worked for me.The patcher kept getting hungup with no error or crash and it said it was working in applications.Nice easy fix-Thank You.

#7 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostTuugrymm, on 27 January 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

This fix worked for me.The patcher kept getting hungup with no error or crash and it said it was working in applications.Nice easy fix-Thank You.

I appreciate your compliments, i already told PGI about this fix. Hopefully they will take advantage of it.

#8 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

So how many files does this re-patching download in comparison to a full install?

This seems to be an easy way to brute force the patcher process to run again. There are likely some files it doesn't patch or re-replace though. I would hope that a combination of the client launcher verifying file versions and CRCs for files would catch some of the read or corruption errors more effectively so that a re-patch could be automatically kicked off, but the whole process must be far more complicated or cumbersome than that...

#9 Zyrius

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

So the file you said to delete isn't in my directory....next idea? lol

#10 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostZyrius, on 07 February 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

So the file you said to delete isn't in my directory....next idea? lol

are you sure you are looking in the right directory? If its not there then it should auto patch.

#11 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

S!

Seems to work, patching again now.

#12 Warskull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostDeerSpotter, on 23 January 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Go To "C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32" and Delete "frontend_version.dll" then start your game and click patch!

Instant Fix to replace corrupt files, missing files, or you can't start your game whatever it may be this will fix your problem.

Good advice thanks for the tip.

Edited by Warskull, 16 February 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#13 HuntaKilla

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Only when I try to download the patch, it's corrupted. Have retried downloading 5 times already and it's the same. Even tried patching on Safe Mode with Networking. WTH is wrong with this game?!?

#14 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

guys delete the cryengine.dll both dx9 and dx11 this will force the game to look for missing files.

#15 BlackJackRaider

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 84 posts
  • LocationThe nordic hinterland of the Midwest

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostRenegadeMaster, on 31 January 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

So how many files does this re-patching download in comparison to a full install?

I had to do this, and it seems to be working now (no problem before this patch, but it hung up downloading and finalizing the 1st patch several times in a row). The first new patch was 87MB the first time, but now the first patch is downloading 1700 MB, so it's apparently a big difference.

#16 Vahnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 357 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Brilliant! Worked perfectly, thanks!

#17 xthree

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Been Trying to get this game running for a couple weeks now. Each time I get a MD5 mismatch error. Have tried everything I can think of. Some sort of corruption is happening with the patcher and I have to download 1GB+ each attempt. It's really getting to be a pain. I'd love to try the game.... I've run as admin, reinstalled multiple times, tried different temp folders for the patcher. Nothing. Is there any place I can download the patch files manually? Maybe an official torrent? All I ask is for multiple ways to update/install.

#18 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostBlackJackRaider, on 19 February 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

I had to do this, and it seems to be working now (no problem before this patch, but it hung up downloading and finalizing the 1st patch several times in a row). The first new patch was 87MB the first time, but now the first patch is downloading 1700 MB, so it's apparently a big difference.

Yep, deleted the indicated file and had to do a 1.7GB download. Sadly that is over 2 hrs for me. So I ended up doing a full reinstall. I figured it might as well be a fresh install if I had to download the whole game again.

So while this workaround does force the patcher, for me it was the equivalent of Alt+F4.

#19 xthree

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Good timing for me, just as I decide to ***** about it I find a way to get it working. I tried a couple different things.

What didn't work.
Booting into safe mode and patch from there

What did work
Uninstalling AND Disabling Antivirus (which I had done before to no avail) AND switched to another user on my PC and the patch installed perfectly. I had to make sure that the frontend_ZTN file was deleted from previous attempts or else it would try to resume a download attempt from earlier.

I also saw that in every download attempt in the past went really fast (I have a 60-70Mb/s connection so I thought nothing of it) and this one took it's time, seemed too slow for my connection. That didn't bother me because I was willing to take anything happen differently as a sign for progress. Also I am not sure that the antivirus disabled had anything to do with it, but it was one of the variables that I changed that ended to a working game. Boo for using the scientific method improperly (changing multiple variables at once).

Anyways I hope this possibly helps someone. This was driving me insane.

My PC specs

Win 7 64 Ultimate
32 GB RAM
AMD FX 8150 3.6Ghz 8-Core
Nvidia Gefore 560 Ti x2 In SLI

#20 TheDarkCloak

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts
  • LocationThe Frozen Dead North

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Has anyone had any luck with this? My friend's game was working fine last week, and now MD5 Hash errors all over the place.

Have tried fresh installs. Have tried disabling firewall, even uninstalling antivirus, deleting all residual files, custom temp folder, have tried searching for the CryEngine3.dll and Frontend_version.dll (or something along those lines) to no avail.

Currently, we're trying to zip up my install files and hoping we can plant them into his computer, and somehow force it to patch.

His patch keeps getting to about 1730mb or so and then quits, giving us the MD5 Hash error. His install directory seems incomplete as well.

We've now spent the last couple of days trying to fix this situation, following advice seen in other threads related to this error, only to end up very unhappy campers.

He is also running on a Windows 8 (EW, yes I know!) machine currently. He was running on Windows 7, but that machine is being rebuilt at the moment. It will take a while.

How else have people gone about fixing this?

I've heard about installing the game as a different user (can't try), and I've heard about installing & patching in Safe Mode (which we tried).

This error is pretty ridiculous.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users