- - - - -

Premium Account Benefits

22 replies to this topic

#1 CrustMaster

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Where can I find a list of premium account costs and benefits?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

+50% C-bills
+50% XP

#3 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Prices are here. The bonus time really helps getting that initial xp/c-bills fast.

Though in all honestly, I would suggest picking up a hero mech instead. <_<

http://mwomercs.com/profile/credits

Edited by Corison, 24 January 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#4 Insane Puppet

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

I've tried to upgrade to a premium account - but there is nowhere to do it!

#5 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I am not sure if you can on the website, but in-game look at the bottom of your screen. You can click the "add time" button there.

#6 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

You need to have MC - bying MC is done with the "Add MC" button at the bottom middle of the Launcher (Mechlab).
In the bottom left of the MWO Launcher (Mechlab) close to the menu button is another turquoise button where you can buy premium time - the "Add Time" button.

Edited by Thorqemada, 24 January 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Premium does help. But more worth your while might be a Hero 'Mech in the future. Either way you'll have some left over MC. Don't buy paint, they're upgrading to permanent paint options (buy once, own for life). Instead, you may want to use the left-over on 'Mech bays.

#8 CrustMaster

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostCorison, on 24 January 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Prices are here. The bonus time really helps getting that initial xp/c-bills fast.

Though in all honestly, I would suggest picking up a hero mech instead. :angry:

Thanks for the info. This only lists prices for MC. What about the prices for Premium? I am deciding how much MC to buy, I want to know about the terms first.

Oh, and I don't want to spend $20+ on a single hero mech that I will probably get bored of and that the game forces me to not play by needing to play other mechs to advance.

#9 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Check the Add Time button.. I am afraid I don't have a list available.. You might also be able to find it in search.

FYI with that Single Hero mech you will make almost as much as you would with premium time, stacks with premium time, and will never expire. :angry: Hero mechs are almost always the better buy unless your worried about the exp as well. Of course hero+prem is very nice!

I found a quick list here, not sure if its correct.
Using MC:
001 Days 250 MC
003 Days 650 MC
007 Days 1250 MC
030 Days 2500 MC
180 Days 13500 MC
360 Days 24000 MC

Edited by Corison, 25 January 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#10 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostInsane Puppet, on 24 January 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

I've tried to upgrade to a premium account - but there is nowhere to do it!

I was confused about this too.

There is no premium subscription. You buy "MC" credits, and then spend them on premium time. A month costs $15 in MC credits.

It is basically like having a subscription, but it isn't recurring. If you buy a month now, and then buy another month a few days from now, it just stacks on top of your previous month. All premium time starts immediately after you buy it (you cannot "schedule" it for a later date). But it all runs sequentially.

I actually liked this system a lot better because it is so flexible. You can buy increments as low as 1 day. Why buy a whole month when you can only play a week out of the month for example? This way you only buy what you use. And if you want, you can still treat the game like any subscription MMO.

#11 CrustMaster

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostCorison, on 25 January 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Check the Add Time button.. I am afraid I don't have a list available.. You might also be able to find it in search.

FYI with that Single Hero mech you will make almost as much as you would with premium time, stacks with premium time, and will never expire. :P Hero mechs are almost always the better buy unless your worried about the exp as well. Of course hero+prem is very nice!

I found a quick list here, not sure if its correct.
Using MC:
001 Days 250 MC
003 Days 650 MC
007 Days 1250 MC
030 Days 2500 MC
180 Days 13500 MC
360 Days 24000 MC

Thats the info I needed, thanks. I will probably just buy a few days here and there because I can't play a ton (hmm, 3 days when the family is out of town?!?!).

Good points on the Hero, but I still can't justify that much on a game still in beta. Right now the value of the game as a whole is not over $10-20 for me, but perhaps it will be in the future.

#12 Schattenjager X

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, just started playing and unless I'm missing something this game is damn expensive. It basically costs $299 just to buy a single mech. More if you want a good / hero mech. That would be around the standard price for a game like this but then you will generally have access to a library of characters since you would have bought the entire game. It also seems a little excessive to make you pay for more mech slots on top of what you paid for the mech itself... Hope this will get better once it's out of beta.

#13 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostCorison, on 24 January 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Though in all honestly, I would suggest picking up a hero mech instead. Posted Image

Hmmm, if a new player comes, Premium can help him better, instantly any mech he's going to employ behaves like a hero mech with 20% extra cbill gain (50 total, heroes are stuck to 30%) AND 50% more xp, which means earning money faster and leveling basics and elites in pilot lab much easier.

Heroes are more expensive and then you're "forced" into the same chassis whenever you need some cbills so you're going to pour lots of XP that instead you could be earning in the variants to level them up. Heroes imho can be useful more to "estabilished players", that have money or for players that can't play continuosly before premium time runs out. If you're going premium during the cadet bonus it means nearly 12 mil of cbills right from the start.

View PostSchattenjager X, on 01 September 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Yeah, just started playing and unless I'm missing something this game is damn expensive. It basically costs $299 just to buy a single mech. More if you want a good / hero mech. That would be around the standard price for a game like this but then you will generally have access to a library of characters since you would have bought the entire game. It also seems a little excessive to make you pay for more mech slots on top of what you paid for the mech itself... Hope this will get better once it's out of beta.

It won't get better, it's like this since CB, and mechs slots in FtP games are a standard.. they set up sales many times, so that you can get discounted mechs during trial by fires (these are standard variants, I won't recommend spending mcs on them) or heroes with 30% slashed price or premium time with some discount. What has become more expensive is earning cbills in general.

With the int

Edited by John MatriX82, 01 September 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#14 Blastfrenzy

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

man this game is sooo over-priced. i'd pay to upgrade my account because i like the game, i'm not paying to temporarily upgrade my account though... that's like... never actually owning the game/account.

i think they need people to buy the account for full access/bonus points and mech maybe. that would get it off the ground. then they can do the 'spend more money to get cooler stuff' thing.

Edited by Blastfrenzy, 19 October 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#15 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Welcome to free to play... Most players frequently spend 0, and the game counts on big spenders to dump 100's if not 1000's of dollars into supporting a title they like.

If you don't like the model then never put more money into it than you would a normal title. For this game for example consider a typical model.. 60$ up front, maybe 5-10/month. Add in an expansion or two. If you play for a year that adds up to 200$ or so. 200$ worth of MC goes a long way here.

Remember you never HAVE to pay for anything in the game. You don't like the price? Don't pay it... just don't complain that you cant use something you choose not to pay for. ;)

Edited by Corison, 19 October 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#16 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostBlastfrenzy, on 19 October 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

man this game is sooo over-priced. i'd pay to upgrade my account because i like the game, i'm not paying to temporarily upgrade my account though... that's like... never actually owning the game/account.

i think they need people to buy the account for full access/bonus points and mech maybe. that would get it off the ground. then they can do the 'spend more money to get cooler stuff' thing.

View PostCorison, on 19 October 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Welcome to free to play... Most players frequently spend 0, and the game counts on big spenders to dump 100's if not 1000's of dollars into supporting a title they like.

If you don't like the model then never put more money into it than you would a normal title. For this game for example consider a typical model.. 60$ up front, maybe 5-10/month. Add in an expansion or two. If you play for a year that adds up to 200$ or so. 200$ worth of MC goes a long way here.

Remember you never HAVE to pay for anything in the game. You don't like the price? Don't pay it... just don't complain that you cant use something you choose not to pay for. ;)

Add to the fact that the really expensive stuff is permanent... as in will be there for as long as you play the game, it gets easier to understand why it costs so much.
The expensive stuff is an investment.

#17 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

You evidently don't know how the free to play thing works...

Other free to play games have the same thing -- you pay a monthly fee for a "Premium" account. If you don't pay one month, then you lose Premium status until you pay again. This game just allows you to buy Premium for several different lengths of time, all the way from one day up to a year.

And to those complaining about 'Mech MC prices ... World of Tanks has higher-priced tanks. Just sayin'.

I'm also assuming that Schattenjager X meant $29.99, not the $299 he put in his post.

P.S.: Nice thread necro. Over eight months...

#18 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 19 October 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

P.S.: Nice thread necro. Over eight months...

I've always wondered about that....

I have been told (and read in several EULAs) that it is wrong to make a new topic, when there is another topic talking about the same thing...

On the other hand, people seem to treat 'necro' as one of the worst offenses possible in the few forums I've been in.

Can someone explain this apparent contradiction?
(PS - this forum is one of those who's EULA says not to make the new topic)

#19 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Here's a news flash for you. You don't actually own any game or account. What you own is a license to use a game.

#20 Malkiv Mayhem

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 42 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada, Eh

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 19 October 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

I've always wondered about that....

I have been told (and read in several EULAs) that it is wrong to make a new topic, when there is another topic talking about the same thing...

On the other hand, people seem to treat 'necro' as one of the worst offenses possible in the few forums I've been in.

Can someone explain this apparent contradiction?
(PS - this forum is one of those who's EULA says not to make the new topic)

The way I see it, it's okay to start a new thread about the same topic if:
A ) Information has changed (i.e. patching) and/or
B ) The thread is buried several pages deep or has not received a reply in more than 6 weeks.

I will necro my own threads, but will not necro someone else's thread. That's just my personal preference, since people take more kindly to necro'ing your own thread.

Edited by Malkiv Mayhem, 19 October 2013 - 05:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users