46 replies to this topic

#41 Wraith05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostStoneFeyer, on 24 January 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

i do, thanks for the great advice, i suck, get hammered, but i enjoy, this is helpful information ....

I just don't understand how i can hit another mech like 20x with lb10xac or ultac5 and still just get 47 damage ...

Each pellet from an LBX 10 does 1 damage, so if you missed with half the pellets that shot only does 5 damage. Also they have optimal ranges that if you shoot something past that range you can do some damage but it will be reduced. So instead of 5 damage at 500m (I think is it's range) you do 2.5 at 700. (not exact numbers but you get the idea).

#42 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

The thing about premades vs pugs being helpful is that you can't count on it. hence why the best advice is how to just do your best on your own, or organize with others even if they don't get involved in chat.

To do a good LRM boat though sounds like you need an assault mech. How do you get that much money? Admittedly I've gone through 2 Centurions and a Catapult plus tons of stuff bought and sold.

Any advice for PUGs on making good money?

#43 XavMech Jones

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostStoneFeyer, on 24 January 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

i do, thanks for the great advice, i suck, get hammered, but i enjoy, this is helpful information ....

I just don't understand how i can hit another mech like 20x with lb10xac or ultac5 and still just get 47 damage ...

I'm a new player (about a week) and I've been trying to read all I can. Even so I still have questions. (one of which is the same as Stonefeyer's lol). Of course reading and digesting are two different things.

I will say this on the thread subject ... I have learned so much after my (many) deaths just by spectating. Once no longer in the frenzy of getting shot, I've found it much easier to just observe. I've even noticed my shot/aim selection as improved as well.

And I do feel like a puppy sometimes. Wait for the big guys to start moving and then following along behind hehe. But I'm still learning.

:angry:

#44 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostRevorn, on 25 January 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

... And last but not least. Dont lose hope if you are suck in your Stalker with 4x LRM 15 and 48 km/h. Maybe u give a CN9-D an try. Only 2 x LRM 15, but 104 Km/h. I needs some Time to find Your Mech and Weapons.
I prefer a Catapult with 4 LRM 15 and JJ instead of both !

#45 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Some good points too about trying other mechs. At the moment while trying to get master in Catapults so I can get back to my uac5 K2 I'm having to missileboat up an A1. I find it hugely unenjoyable since you're pretty much forced to go 6x6srm to avoid being utterly helpless the moment any ECM mech shows up.

If you're getting irritated, try a different mech or build. Some people like range, some like brawling, when you spectate like XavMech Jones mentioned look at how it's loaded and see how they play. Find another player mech that seems like it's winning the way you want to play and give that a try. Find what you enjoy playing and you'll suddenly care less about pug vs premade or ECM or the like.

#46 w0rm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostM E X, on 24 January 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

It is even worse than you thought ... not only that pugger many not follow you, they may even fire on you it you stay in front of them, especially in the first seconds after the drop !

Thats usually the point when I decide I desperatly need to test my AC20 on that new target drone which seems to have spawned with me.

Edited by w0rm, 26 January 2013 - 08:34 AM.

#47 Anologue Kid

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Some good points to ponder here as a new player to the game.

In response to some points made, there are a fair amount of Pubs that go to the forums. I lurked here for a week before downloading. I'm very sure I'm not the only one.

Secondly tk'ing isn't exactly a Pub only thing. My very first match I was in I got backshot and tk'd by a shmoe who went on to taunt me for being in a trial mech and tell me I wasn't up to par to even being a target dummy for his clan. By the way, the counter had just stopped and I didn't even have a chance to move yet.

Pub players may not be all the "elite" players want them to be, but I've had better experiences with them then the so called premades so far. They are the reason I'm still giving this game a shot.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users