Here There Be (Cheaper) Dragons!

130 replies to this topic

#121 Glucose

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

God, I'd be so interested in seeing the results of some of these sales. I wonder what works and what doesn't.

Though I'm betting if they did ultra-cheap cockpit items they'd make some good money.

#122 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostGlucose, on 26 January 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Though I'm betting if they did ultra-cheap cockpit items they'd make some good money.

Yep, since there isn't really a "minimum price", they can lower prices and still rake in profit. They need to try for more people buying MC, not more MC spent.

#123 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Lol.

#124 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 26 January 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

A 75% price cut on the worst mech in the game would still not make me consider buying it until i raise my skill.

Fixed.

#125 Jim 248

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

C-bill Grind? No such thing! For those of us that don't have a real life, C-bills are just something we have to work at disposing of. Unlock the 360 module and spend 6 mil to outfit each of your ten mechs that have missles or are scouts. No problem. Just spend another 12 hours to get more. Like I said - no problem!

#126 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

How'd you guys know my birthday was this weekend?

#127 Kai Allard-Liao

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

Eh not really into Dragons. Have a sale on maybe Stalkers and we'll talk.

#128 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostButane9000, on 26 January 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

I've been thinking about this for a couple days. But the current sale while good in spirit isn't good enough.

The issue is, with the Dragon costs being so cheap in C-bills there is no real incentive to spend real money on the stock variants. In fact stock variants aren't a good monetary investment unless you absolutely have no time and plenty of disposable income. Right now the things worth MC in the game are:

- Hero Mechs
- Mech XP to general XP conversions
- Mech Bays
- Camouflage skins
- Cockpit items

If you really want people to spend money on a stock variant any future sales at the very least should start at 50% and end around 75-80% off. Again, stock variants don't appear to be a real good dollar investment especially when it doesn't take very long to grind out the C-bill cost. Combined with the stock variants of all mechs regularly costing between $3.50 to $20.00.

My list is:
-Mech bays
-Hero mechs
-Premium time for those players who don't play a lot
-and by this XP to GXP conversion whenever you need that module (so far I don't have bought even 1)

The rest is useless starting from vanity items; camo specs will be much more interesting when they'll allow to unlock them and keep them (they said something similar in the recent ask to devs). As it stands now, spending MCs on non permanent skins and paints it's a waste, imho of course.

Falling back into the Dragons offer.. oh well, I really don't get it. If paired up with a similar Cbill discount that would have made them much more interesting, spending MCs in stock variants leaves me a bit amused..

#129 Nuesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFreudenberg

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

It's a nice thing for those people whose havent the time to grind the c_bills together.

and i think there will be sales on Mechbays Panitjobs and whatsoever.

I prefer a Mechbay sale (i really would blow out MC There).

#130 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Thinking about it, MC discounts sale on Mech variants can be more attractive if offered simultaneously with the launch of a Hero Mech of the particular mech chassis. I think players will be more willing to consider parting with their MCs when the two are aligned together, say, in the future, MC discount sale on the Orion or Highlander variants with the launching of the Orion/Highlander Hero Mechs.... yea baby. :) :)

Edited by Nor Azman, 28 January 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#131 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Well, for my MC, I've been waiting for a few things to be more solid before I jumped in and started playing in earnest again ...
- I live in Japan, so the buzz about recent netcode fixes is really good to hear
- I'm hoping that the next round of matchmaking fixes will do more to match players of similar skill
- I'm really waiting for community warfare (but the first two are far more important)

In the meantime, I don't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to a video game, but I've been reading the forums and checking out the various tools available to examine various mech loadouts, and my founder's bonus MC were starting to burn a hole in my pocket. A couple of weeks ago, I pretty much decided that the first chassis I would try to master would be the Dragon. I'm really looking forward to trying out a handful of different play styles, and while some variants are better suited than others, the Dragon has the potential to fit most of them.

Basically, with nothing else to spend 20,000 MC on (thanks founders program!), and starting from scratch, what this means to me is I'll be able to try them out and upgrade them sooner than I expected. I guess I really am the target audience for the MC expenditures ... excited about the game, not much time to play, and enough disposable cash that I don't have to decide between spending MC for a chassis or spending dollars (or yen) for lunch.

That, and as I said before, my birthday was this weekend ... so, why not?

I look forward to seeing all of you on the battlefield (soon).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users