STD 300
608 std armor

Hits hard and very manageable heat.

#2 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Not enough ammo for my tastes. I run 3xSRM6 with 4t ammo and that's where it's enough, since more than few times I've seen the last 100 be in use. AC/20 with 2t is only 14, also not enough. I'd go for 3t

#3 Aeropb

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOKC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Not nearly enough ammo

#4 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I actually used three Artemis SRM4 instead of 6 and have been getting much more kills. The spread is much better.

#5 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

not nearly enough ammo

#6 Tremor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yeh. Running out of ammo will effectively render the tonnage spent on weapons useless.

#7 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Just use MadPanda's D-DC build. He's pretty much tweaked it to perfection. It works really well for me.

One annoying thing about my D-DC brawler is that I occasionally get accidental team kills. All the smoke from ballistics and missile fire combined with ***** teammates who walk into your firing lane makes it easy to commit fratricide.

DON'T WALK IN FRONT OF AN ATLAS PEOPLE!

#8 Baelnorn

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostNRP, on 26 January 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Just use MadPanda's D-DC build. He's pretty much tweaked it to perfection. It works really well for me.

One annoying thing about my D-DC brawler is that I occasionally get accidental team kills. All the smoke from ballistics and missile fire combined with ***** teammates who walk into your firing lane makes it easy to commit fratricide.

DON'T WALK IN FRONT OF AN ATLAS PEOPLE!

I started out with Pandas D-Dc build and liked it alot, since then I switched out the AC/20 for two LBX 10s, and downgraded the engine from the 350 in his build to a 330, and am alot more comfortable with it. but I highly reccomend MadPandas d-dc build as well.

#9 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Honestly, I'd drop the LLAS down to MLAS and stock up on ammo. As much as I love the PewPewPew, the Altas needs staying power to be effective. That means no overheating, and no running out of ammo.

View PostHelmstif, on 25 January 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

I actually used three Artemis SRM4 instead of 6 and have been getting much more kills. The spread is much better.

Slightly less heat too, not a bad idea!

#10 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Mine is:
325 Engine
2 LL
2 LBX(3 ammo boxes)
2 Streaks(1 ammo box)
Rest is DHS either in the engine or in RT.
Has Endo Steel and ECM.

Pretty sick build, and after a friend asked me about it then copied it, he was pretty impressed.

#11 Brothastonebones

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

I have tried many different builds on my d-dc and for the last couple weeks after trying this i havent thought of changing it.

ECM (mounted in torso below engine
std 300 engine
2 med pulse
2 uac5 (7 tons ammo)
3ssrm2 ( 3 tons ammo)
firepower 37
heat efficiency 1.5 (18 dhs)
armor 592 (only lost a couple points in the legs)
standard armor, standard structure

i may not have the highest alpha for an atlas but i dont over heat and thats good for me.

edit: typo

Edited by Brothastonebones, 27 January 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#12 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostBrothastonebones, on 27 January 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

I have tried many different builds on my d-dc and for the last couple weeks after trying this i havent thought of changing it.

ECM (mounted in torso below engine
std 300 engine
2 med pulse
2 uac5 (7 tons ammo)
3ssrm2 ( 3 tons ammo)
firepower 37
heat efficiency 1.5 (18 dhs)
armor 592 (only lost a couple points in the legs)
standard armor, standard structure

i may not have the highest alpha for an atlas but i dont over heat and thats good for me.

edit: typo

Same as mine, except I have 2 Large Laser instead of Medium Pulse.... had to downgrade to 17 HS because of it, and more armor off the legs, but it was well worth it.

The extra damage and range of the Large Lasers really helped, especially when I'm at long/medium range blasting away with my 2 UAC5s.

On that topic, I'm not sure why anyone would take 2 LBX10s over 2 UAC5s.
The DPS on the UACs is much better, and much more pinpoint than the LBXs. Not to mention, they have great range, take up less room and weigh less.

A lot of people mention the jamming of the UAC... but it's honestly not that bad when you get used to it. *shrug*
At least, that's my experience.

#13 Brothastonebones

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostRavennus, on 27 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Same as mine, except I have 2 Large Laser instead of Medium Pulse.... had to downgrade to 17 HS because of it, and more armor off the legs, but it was well worth it.

The extra damage and range of the Large Lasers really helped, especially when I'm at long/medium range blasting away with my 2 UAC5s.

On that topic, I'm not sure why anyone would take 2 LBX10s over 2 UAC5s.
The DPS on the UACs is much better, and much more pinpoint than the LBXs. Not to mention, they have great range, take up less room and weigh less.

A lot of people mention the jamming of the UAC... but it's honestly not that bad when you get used to it. *shrug*
At least, that's my experience.

yeah my experience as well just dont hold the trigger down on the uac's. ive wanted to upgrade my lasers to have something that could punch out to a longer range, i really feel it when all i have is the uac5's but thats why i carry so much ammo. being so heat efficient makes up the difference for a little more long range dmg imo.

#14 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostBrothastonebones, on 27 January 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

yeah my experience as well just dont hold the trigger down on the uac's. ive wanted to upgrade my lasers to have something that could punch out to a longer range, i really feel it when all i have is the uac5's but thats why i carry so much ammo. being so heat efficient makes up the difference for a little more long range dmg imo.

Yup, I have 7 tons of ammo for the UACs as well.... once you let them rip, they eat through ammo like crazy.
I only have 2 tons of ammo for the SSRMs though, as I only tend to use them up close and especially versus lights. Even still, they have surprised me in how much damage they contribute. I guess having the equivalent of an SRM6 that is guaranteed to hit with every missile isn't too bad!

#15 Crawford

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I started by doing up a cat-K2 then Commando-2D, Hunch-4SP and a Muromets.

Recently got the Atlas-D-D2 as my first assault and it feels leagues ahead of my other mechs in terms of brawling power, can take SO much punishment. The 3x SRM6 is epic, been dropping mechs up close that were above 60%.

Edit: has anyone tried Ferro Fibrous Armour with it?

Edited by Crawford, 27 January 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#16 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I ran double large lasers on my DDC for a while, it was alright, but I switched down to mediums after a while.

After all, the point of this mech is to get in peoples faces, why pack a weapon that tempts me to snipe?

I run 2 med lasers, an AC20 and 3 SRM6s+Artemis, the pain I bring up close is immense.

#17 Deathwatch

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Its always better to use endo steel instead of ferro, only time you should use ferro is when you can stuff both in.

i like large lasers on my DDC to kill/leg the stupid lights, and to have at least some minor long range fire power.

#18 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 27 January 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

I ran double large lasers on my DDC for a while, it was alright, but I switched down to mediums after a while.

After all, the point of this mech is to get in peoples faces, why pack a weapon that tempts me to snipe?

I run 2 med lasers, an AC20 and 3 SRM6s+Artemis, the pain I bring up close is immense.

What I'm finding, when piloting my Atlas, is that you have to be MUCH more careful when and where you commit.... because there is no backing out once you get there.
Just running straight toward the enemy often got me killed, unless I was lucky and also supported by the rest of my team.

So I've found that taking some time to analyze the battlefield is generally a good idea.
While I'm figuring out when and how best to deploy, this is when I soften up the enemy at range with my 2 UAC5s and Large Lasers. I've even taken out a mech or two this way.

THEN I engage fully. The large lasers are still great up close, so long as you can handle the heat.

Then again, I don't have speed tweak or a 350 engine yet. Stock 300.
I tried a brawling spec when I first got the DDC, and going 47kph was just WAY too painful up close. In fact, it was a death sentence since almost anyone could get behind me and there was nothing much I could do about it.

Once I get the RS and the D bought and leveled up, I'll return to the DDC with Speed Tweak and a 350 engine.
I'm sure 63kph would make brawling much more viable.

Until then, I'm doing very well with my 2 LLAS, 2 UAC5, 3 SSRM setup. :P

Edited by Ravennus, 27 January 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#19 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

i used to run std 300 engine + DHS and 2x LBX10, 3x SRM6 and 2 Medium Lasers and called this loadout 'The Shotgun'
I now switched the SRM6 to SRM4+Artemis and call this mech 'The Duckbill Shotgun' - it's a beast.

Of course, to pull more hatred it is carrying ECM and a black and white Phranken Camo. Wherever you will stick your ugly skeleton visage ot of cover, there WILL be pounding, make sure to have your team nearby :D

But, as allready mentioned, if you go in somewhere, there is not turning back, either you win or you die horribly, there is no way you are runnign away from anywhere or anything and you will have to keep in mind that you are running a 300 engine, so you are not really fast, which CAN be a drawback in brawling. Always keep that in mind and adjust your movement and have something in your back, be at a building, a mountain or a friendly mech!

Also keep twisting your torso and try to lose your right side first, if you die with both arms you are doing it wrong, or you were in a REALLY bad position :lol:

Edited by Elder Thorn, 28 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#20 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I agree with the 2 ultras being the way to go as many others have said as well. U do great damage at range and may continue as u close. They don't generate much heat at all I will actually cool as I fire them slightly, the larger engine size also helps a lot since I have run out of slots with every build so it helps to put more heat sinks in the engine not to mention getting into position b4 other assaults do because u r faster is a huge advantage to u.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users