2 SRM6
3 ML
1 AC10
AMS

full armor, ferro (430/434)
12 DHS
310XL

79kph with tweak, 55 alpha

I'm having a blast with it, enough speed to do some speedtanking around the assaults and surprise mediums who aren't expecting that speed/armor combo.

#2 CryptRunner

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I have a similar build, and I love it.

AC/10
2 ML
1 LL
2 SRM 6 + Artemis

XL 315 (72.9k base, don't have speed tweak yet)
13 DHS

59 alpha

#3 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

I favor a STD build for brawling. The profile of the CTF is pretty poor for housing an XL, and its speed is outclassed by the other heavies when it does. The basic build mounts more damage, has vastly more survivability, equivalent armor, and is of course a bit slower. If you like being the opportunistic striker, the Dragon will probably suit you better. When I first started the CTF I used an XL, and it was really nice for getting used to the chassis. Once you're used to it, however, it's more of a hindrance.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a70665bb4458754

#4 Ophidian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationI HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I AM! SEND HELP!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

I've actually been debating between getting 1 of 2 Pract designs. See following.

CTF-3D

and

CTF-2X

The stats insist the 2nd one is better in every respect except armor....but I don't know. It's also, according to the stats, almost half the price.

#5 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Been using the 2X for several weeks now, most of which was done without an AC, relying on 1 LLAS, 2 MLAS, and 2 SRM6-A with mastered bonuses (71kph) and enough DHS to fire at will (18). It did quite well while I earned enough c-bills for an XL engine. Spent this last weekend running a variety of configurations with the 280XL beginning with adding an LB10X to the above, then tested with all other mid-range ACs. While the XL can increase vulnerbility, it reallly just means you need to be careful and never lose concentration on maneuvering, use of cover, situational choices.

As of last night I changed the loadout to 2 PPCs, 1 AC5, 1 MPLas (RA), and 2 SRM2-S to test this chassis for long-range direct fire-support. Very happy with it so far. If I like it enough I may switch to the 1X and change out the streaks for another MPLAS and up the AC to the ultra and have design as close to the 3050-era Marauders as can be had in MWO until the Orion arrives.

#6 Szaesse

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Personally, I run a 1X with 3MLas, 1 LLas, 1 AC10, and XL325 and 17 DHS. This thing is amazing. It's only got a 40 Alpha, but it's surprisingly fast (82 with speed tweak), which is more than enough to shock most other mechs that try and engage with me. Sure, I am a little more vulnerable with the XL, but my speed more than makes up for it. I am having a blast ripping things apart with this baby. The lasers give me more than enough to deal with lights that get in too close, and with my engine they find it hard to circle me. It's pretty potent at all ranges, which makes me a happy camper.

#7 nostra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'm not a fan of XL engines, but overall this looks like a very strong built.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users