Here is something wrong

14 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah Rose2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

This is the:

Go to forum Merc Corp Recruiting
Invite or find friends and players to be part of a Merc Corp!

But what find i here moste times ???

Clans??? *** claners hate mercs! For a real claner the freebirth scum of Mercs is not more worth than ****. They will do suicide bevor become a merc.

And than units of the Great Houses? I never red something like the Davion Assault Gurads looking for a contract! So move them in the Housearea where their place is!

Edited by Jeremiah_Rose, 05 November 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#2 Von Ryan

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Calm down dude! From the FAQ here: http://mwomercs.com/support#faq

Q. Will players have the ability to form their own custom clans in MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We're trying to be careful with the naming of some features in MechWarrior® Online™ and "clans" is one of them. Players will be able to form their own customized Mercenary Corporations (Merc Corps for short). These operate in the same way that the term clan refers to in other first person shooters. A better way of thinking about Merc Corps is as a "guild". Within the guild you can create Lances("parties") and join matches in that manner.

#3 Jeremiah Rose2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

So the Clans are no mercs if you know the theme. In a few years you can say that the clans are nearly houses. With realy special rules of live.

#4 empath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUTC - 3:30

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, it's making my inner BattleTech otaku curl up in a ball and cry every time I see something like 'Clan Mexico'. :)

Sorry for being a purist, but I've cared for this milieu for over twenty years, and felt like I was the only person left who gave a whit whether FASA lived or died. It's like I've been the loving caretaker of a precious antique house, and now have to watch a horde of...frat boys clomp around, trampling the rugs with soiled sneakers, pitching out the china to make room for an extra liquor cabinet, and extolling how awesome the place is while spilling beer, food and urine everywhere. :D

All the 'Clan' clans/guilds/Merc Corps just make me laugh - especially with the pre-Tukayyid era having MANY, MANY mercenary units available of varying backgrounds and histories to cover just about anyone's preference...

#5 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

Do you see a place for us to put threads looking for new members for our Sibkos, quineg?

#6 Jeremiah Rose2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

Clans didnt exsist now so there is no need to creat a innere sphere clan.

#7 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Until the developers outline their plans for merc units and how they plan to protect the canon sanctity of recognised units, I don't think it's appropriate for anyone to tell anyone else what they can and cannot name their clan/merc unit.

So if the guy wants to name his unit "Clan Smoke Jaguar" or "Clan MyLittlePony", who are you to tell him otherwise? Honestly, now is not the time for fanboi purism.

#8 Jeremiah Rose2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

Whats mechwarrior without the story? The rest what stay are large maschines fireing to other so it will loose.

#9 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Well let me see... I have a unit that I have had for better part of this year, forming it mid January. Maybe I do not want to make a new unit just to play some inner sphere savashri? I am all for BT lore and technically the Clans do exists in this time, you know being formed before 3000... Also you have one of the most famed pilots who was Clan, Natasha Kerensky, who was a trueborn Clan Wolf.

Mostly you have people who started to play mechwarrior or battletech in the mid 90s when the clans were very popular. I for one started with the BT cartoon, MW2 and Mechwarrior 3050 on the SNES, back then I was a teen and I could not even read a novel based in the Inner Sphere, if it was not Clan focused I lost interest. Perhaps this is why I have my Ghost Bear unit. Although if you actually went and looked at a lot of those threads started by Clans, a lot are saying they are a Merc unit, a expeditionary force sent from that specific clan because who wants to trust the Wolves aside from maybe the Coyotes?

#10 Jeremiah Rose2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Your right but claner are no mercs a real claner hate mercs. So this is the wrong place for claners and they should creat one. But the Wolf Dragoons are now not named in the novel. So yea you know they are there and i know it but the innere sphere didnt know it. And beeing claner means to hold the rules of clan!

So do you feel clan, quaff?

#11 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

Aff I do, and I am very aware of the clans dislike of mercs. My clan has an specifically strong dislike of them during the invasion as they stayed hidden for weeks and then started to harass the garrison trinary, which meant front line forces had to be pulled to retake the planet. This dezgra tactic during the... first wave iirc had a Star Colonel asking for permission top treat Mercs like Bandits and not bother with zell, just annihilate the heck out of them... which was granted.

They have yet to make a Clan recruitment section, If you look in suggestion I even requested a Clan section for these very reasons.

I feel very Clan, if my Khan asks me to go and scout out the validity of the Wolf's Dragoons, I will do so. :)

#12 Jeremiah Rose2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Im on your side bring the feeling of be a trueborn clanwarrior in this game!

#13 PinTBC

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationI'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

The TBC or The Bl00dy Clans were formed in the original MPBT, well before the idea of a "Clan" invasion hit any of the novels (Can't believe they block ******). At one point in time the TBC was the most powerful mercenary group in that game, even though we never had huge numbers. Most of us have kept in touch, and are looking forward to seeing this develop.

I think some of you are getting caught up in the whole "clan" name, and always hated that most B-Tech players automatically associate a clan, not with a highland clan, but with the invasion forces.

#14 Jeremiah Rose2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

Im talking about that someone means creat here real house untis and real clans if your creating your own mercs do it this is the right place but clan wolf is NO MERCS like the Davion Heavy Gurads.

#15 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

Breathe Deeply.

I think everyone is getting ahead of the horsie again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users