#1 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAround the world ...

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

so who is in charge of this particular group ... who is your unofficial leader? who is getting you organized and ready for launch ?

#2 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

If you're looking for Thomas Marik he's been missing since 3035 I mean you can find him in Atreus City.

#3 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

yup, the houses are under dev control. if you want someone to order you around check with your local merc recruiter.

#4 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 10 February 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

yup, the houses are under dev control. if you want someone to order you around check with your local merc recruiter.

I'm recruiting for the Knights of Ni (Unit of Northwind Highlanders)

#5 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAround the world ...

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

umm ...

-sigh-

I seem to have landed in the slightly less section of marik....

Who is the person who has gotten you all organized, who is getting you all talking amongst yourselves, gotten your merc companies together so that they wont be rabble.

will rather ignore the taking orders bit for the moment :)

#6 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm not even really a member of House Marik. But the Republic needs some eyes and ears around here.

#7 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostAzalie, on 11 February 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

I'm not even really a member of House Marik. But the Republic needs some eyes and ears around here.

Yes, we need to have warning, incase the Drac's attack with a giant swarm of mysterious new Aero fighters..... :)

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 11 February 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#8 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

AFAIK there really isn't anyone that is organizing things atm. I think we're all just waiting to see how things pan out with more info being released soon. Once we have more concrete information I'm sure we'll ramp up discussion in the house forums. Til then, really no use stepping on some toes over things that may have no bearing on what actually happens in game.

#9 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostShoveI, on 11 February 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

AFAIK there really isn't anyone that is organizing things atm. I think we're all just waiting to see how things pan out with more info being released soon. Once we have more concrete information I'm sure we'll ramp up discussion in the house forums. Til then, really no use stepping on some toes over things that may have no bearing on what actually happens in game.

Pretty much we are all on an even keel at this point. The sigs of some of us (like mine) are from the last incarnation of MPBT that we played.

I have seen in the past even outgunned, this House pulled out victories and did suffer a few defeats (although they knew we were there hehehehe).

#10 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

i think us forum vultures who fly the marik colors will be pretty dedicated players. wont take much to get us organized once the game goes live. count me in for full time med mech in the lance

#11 Punk KMSD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostRabbit Blacksun, on 10 February 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

so who is in charge of this particular group ... who is your unofficial leader? who is getting you organized and ready for launch ?

Soon enough I expect to see Beastie, or Snowblind, jump out from behind the bushes and say; "Here I am!" prompty followed by, "We made Crash House Leader, have fun with that, suckers! HA HA HA HA HA!"

Edited by Punk[KMSD], 29 February 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#12 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

LOL Punk they would do that very thing indeed.

#13 Stovebolt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCotton Candy Skull Island, TX

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Does House Marik even do the Great Leader thing? Seems more like the "eh, I'll get to it tomorrow" kind of interstellar empire.

#14 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Historically, the FWL has stayed away from the "great leader" idea- and for good reason. Just look at any other house of the IS and see what happens when a nation thoughtlessly follows a "great leader". We think for ourselves; that is greatest threat to a "great leader". We question our leaders and hold them responsible for acting for the good of the whole nation. We willingly follow a leader because it is best for the nation (at least most of the time). This is not the blind obedience of the Combine or the Capellans, the fuedal mentality of the Federated Suns nor the financial sevitude of the Lyrans. This is the strength of the FWL. This is what makes us different. This is worth fighting for. This is why we survive and prosper as a nation, a region , a planet, or an individual. Let the "great leaders" of the Inner Sphere tremble in fear- the eagle flies free!

So much for the sermon; now we will pass the collection plate.

#15 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostSeabear, on 11 March 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Historically, the FWL has stayed away from the "great leader" idea- and for good reason. Just look at any other house of the IS and see what happens when a nation thoughtlessly follows a "great leader". We think for ourselves; that is greatest threat to a "great leader". We question our leaders and hold them responsible for acting for the good of the whole nation. We willingly follow a leader because it is best for the nation (at least most of the time). This is not the blind obedience of the Combine or the Capellans, the fuedal mentality of the Federated Suns nor the financial sevitude of the Lyrans. This is the strength of the FWL. This is what makes us different. This is worth fighting for. This is why we survive and prosper as a nation, a region , a planet, or an individual. Let the "great leaders" of the Inner Sphere tremble in fear- the eagle flies free!

So much for the sermon; now we will pass the collection plate.

Well said.............I gotta couple C-Bills here for the offering ;) .

#16 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for the good words. (Cbills are always welcome, but if you don't have any, I will take US dollars.)

Edited by Seabear, 19 March 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#17 Hanse Sandoval

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Alright then, since "take me to your leader" offends the FWL democratic sensibilities, how about this:

There are lots of people about on these forums who have been around BT since probably before I was born. They've played TT, and every incarnation of MW videogame out there, and read all of the books. Does House Marik have those people? And if we do, are there any existing units from the older games that are still around and kicking? Do they have forums for RP, websites, teamspeaks, or maybe, just maybe do they still play MW4 or other games together?

I understand we dont have an actual person with the name "Marik" who will be leading us, but if there are any player organisations or units, those are the people that I'd like to start making connections with now, in order to absolutely dominate the matches we will be playing together in the future.

So don't take me to your leader. Take me to that old bittervet who needs a stereotypical whippersnapper to take on and teach the wise old ways of mech combat. Cause I wanna kill me some everyone.

#18 Stovebolt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCotton Candy Skull Island, TX

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

Theres's probably someone here who was in charge of some unit in the MPBT days, but frankly...House Marik's kinda the red-headed step child. AFAIK there's very few books that have the FWL as a principal actor. I guess they just weren't sexy enough.

#19 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostHanse Sandoval, on 19 March 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Alright then, since "take me to your leader" offends the FWL democratic sensibilities, how about this:

There are lots of people about on these forums who have been around BT since probably before I was born. They've played TT, and every incarnation of MW videogame out there, and read all of the books. Does House Marik have those people?

Nope, I'm not here. And can't be quoted on having posted this. And I totally disclaim having said/written anything on Usenet ever. And stuff. :P

[...] just maybe do they still play MW4 or other games together?

Ugh. Well, I'll give it to you, at least you didn't mention "MechInsult". ;)

So don't take me to your leader. Take me to that old bittervet who needs a stereotypical whippersnapper to take on and teach the wise old ways of mech combat. Cause I wanna kill me some everyone.

Good one. This whole talk about the "great leader" made me slightly nervous, tbh, was half expecting some shifty person (dressed up in a brown uniform obviously) to jump out behind a bush, raise his arm and shout: "All hail the Free World League, mein Führer!" *shivers*

#20 Hanse Sandoval

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostStovebolt, on 20 March 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Theres's probably someone here who was in charge of some unit in the MPBT days, but frankly...House Marik's kinda the red-headed step child. AFAIK there's very few books that have the FWL as a principal actor. I guess they just weren't sexy enough.

Yeah, I've noted that from the Battletech books I've read. (thats where most of my BT experiences lies)

View PostDlardrageth, on 20 March 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Ugh. Well, I'll give it to you, at least you didn't mention "MechInsult". ;)

Gotta remember, I posted that you guys have been around since "before I was born", lol. I unfortunately do not have the experience with the IP to know what you are referrin to there.

View PostDlardrageth, on 20 March 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Good one. This whole talk about the "great leader" made me slightly nervous, tbh, was half expecting some shifty person (dressed up in a brown uniform obviously) to jump out behind a bush, raise his arm and shout: "All hail the Free World League, mein Führer!" *shivers*

K, so... that a "no, seek help elsewhere"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users