14 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I was just in a match and to be honest... I'm seeing more and more right out of the gate (team killing) than I have ever seen. Me and 3 of my team mates did not have enough men on tonight to run an 8 man so we jumped into a 4 man. Not even 2 seconds out of the gate and one of my team mates starts taking friendly fire. He asked who did it and was then hit again. Being a team mate of mine, I let into the guy who fired on my team mate. The rest of our pugs and or other team mates then rip into me (killing me) for shooting the guy who shot my team mate not once but twice. I may get reported for shooting a team mate willingly but I will not tolerate team killing intentionally from anyone im teamed up with. I will shoot those who shoot me and or those Im teamed with. Report me if you will but this kind of crap has to STOP!

For new players and or those trying out new weapon load outs... if you are setting your weapons and or attempting to fire your weapons at the start of a match to see how they fire... FIRE AT THE GROUND!!! Do not fire blindly!

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 29 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#2 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

its what most people do and most people saw you shooting at someone.
just type it out, everyone hates those guys... ofc we all put up with those guys who like to alpha at start of the match :P

#3 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostCybermech, on 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

its what most people do and most people saw you shooting at someone.
just type it out, everyone hates those guys... ofc we all put up with those guys who like to alpha at start of the match :P
i knew i would get shot back for shooting someone but im not going to just stand there and watch someone on my team blatantly fire on another team mate of mine... especially when hes from my unit.

#4 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Always report teamkilling, bots and the like - always. Every single time.

#5 Bluescuba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

If I get cored in my rear armour at spawn, I will either kill or severly cripple the offender; I have zero tolerance for this type of behaviour.

#6 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Fare warning? You're gonna start charging? :angry:

:ph34r:

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Interesting, since I do sem to recall dropping with you a few weeks back, and you started firing into the unit pell mell.... and had to be taken down. Unless there are two gents out there with the same name? *shrugs*

Warning taken..... you shoot me, I kill you. And vice versa. Sounds "fare" enough.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 29 January 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#8 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Just two days ago I introduced someone to MWO, we were both on TS and grouped. After the first match he asked "Is FF on? I think I hit someone by accident when I configured my weapons." I sighed, because I forogt to tell him that during my sermon on how to control the Mech and what is different in MWO in comparison to the other (FPS) games he knows.

Anyway - there is no indication or guidance to new players that FF is on. A fair warning like "Please watch friendly fire" usually is sufficient.

As a friendly reminder:

Team Killing Abuse
Team Killing is a deviant result of the Friendly Fire mechanic, which increases the strategic importance of location and coordination in fighting. Accidental Friendly Fire is expected. However, we will not be tolerating players who repeatedly abuse this mechanic to grief their team-mates by killing them. Please refrain from retaliating against somebody who may have accidentally shot you due to a bug or confusion.

Edited by Taizan, 29 January 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#9 Rotaugen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Fair...

#10 confracto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Always type first!
ask who's shooting team members.

accidental fire does happen, especially when people spawn right behind you and alt tab.

then, if it continues, AND it's clear someone is greifing your team, kill them.
and report them.

...that said, I've seen greifers who are clearly using trial mechs and names that would get reported in minutes, so they're just making accounts to use once.

#11 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I had to put down an atlas in my hunchback 4P a couple weeks back because he took off my back armor at the start. I turned aimed and typed "what the hell?" Atlas tries to hit me, but misses. I did not miss. Our team then went to roll the other team.

I notice atlases are a normal start of team infighting

#12 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 January 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Interesting, since I do sem to recall dropping with you a few weeks back, and you started firing into the unit pell mell.... and had to be taken down. Unless there are two gents out there with the same name? *shrugs*

Warning taken..... you shoot me, I kill you. And vice versa. Sounds "fare" enough.
you saying I started firing at pell mell? If so, you are mistaken. That would not have been me. I will not fire on a team mate unless fired on and or he fired on another team mate.

#13 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

You should not throw spears at your brother for any reason.

#14 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Was playing with someone a few weeks ago wo has been playing since Closed Beta. He forgot that he changed his Alpha strike button and Alpha'd another 'mech right after start up.

I was a little startled that he didnt even use the Group Chat to apologize.

There are mistakes. It's always best just to report them to support@mwomercs.com . If they are new and it was truely an accident, hopefully they will learn from their mistake. If they are repeat "accident prone" offenders, simply firing back is not going to solve the issue, and probably gives them what many of them want ,an excuse to report you, diminshing your teams strength, or just trolling. They're just going to do it again.

Best practice is to report them, feel better about doing your good deed for the community , and hope they get their just desserts.

Cheers.

#15 Pvt Ortiz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Retaliating to people who friendly fire is against the rules. If I were you, I wouldnt post a topic that says your planning on going against the rules the devs made...just a FYI, here is the rule :

"Team Killing Abuse
[color=#959595]Team Killing is a deviant result of the Friendly Fire mechanic, which increases the strategic importance of location and coordination in fighting. Accidental Friendly Fire is expected. However, we will not be tolerating players who repeatedly abuse this mechanic to grief their team-mates by killing them. Please refrain from retaliating against somebody who may have accidentally shot you due to a bug or confusion."[/color]

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users