Who Do You Blame For A Loss?

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is to blame for losing? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

First to take blame:

1. Other team (e.g. cheese builds/tryhards/premades) (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. Your team (e.g. new players/terrible builds/trolls/disconnects) (17 votes [40.48%])

Percentage of vote: 40.48%

3. You (e.g. this mech sucks/must reallocate armor/never doing that again) (6 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. The Game Itself (e.g. this mode sucks/map is unbalanced/latency) (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

5. All of the above in varying degrees (cop out answer) (14 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 AimRobot

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

The point where i blame myself, is when i feel i played less than my expectation.
Blame enemy team - only if its 100% that they use something they shouldnt be using.

Mostly blame my team, but thats only if they play like sheeps (dont think just follow)
Example if you are the player that take this rute 90% of your games no matter if its assault or conquest.
Posted Image

#22 TarkaTarquol

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Who do I blame first? Either no-one or myself. When I blame no-one, it just goes to show that we just weren't coordinated as a group and allowed ourselves to be picked off, or we weren't prepared for a massive rush and became utterly flustered in the midst of combat and ended up getting cored. Pointing the finger would just turn to be incredibly rude.

When I blame myself is never for the reasons you stated, but for the decisions I made as a Pilot. Choosing to peek around a corner, only to find a large majority of the team, is a decision that I made, and it ended with a majority of my center armour stripped and possibly cored as well. Oftentimes when I survive, there will now be one flanking around to also cut off my escape route. Though if I didn't make the pilot decision to poke out, they'd never have known I was there.

And ultimately, the "cop-out" choice is the correct answer, but you should never blame anyone or anything for a loss. Instead, tip your hat to your opponents for a good game and drop into the next. Don't let a loss be a negative thing. Learn from it and enhance your skills as a MechWarrior.

#23 BrokenDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMiddlesex(UK)

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Our team was not as good as the enemy!
They were better!
What did I do?
What could I have done better?
What should I have been doing?
How the @#%& did that happen? :blink:

3 user(s) are reading this topic