Why Is This 2X Not A More Popular Brawler?

108 replies to this topic

#101 Wun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostVaneshi SnowCrash, on 01 February 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

I love people like you. So sure of yourself. Me? I went to Sarna and double checked what, exactly, Ferro' armour is, does and it's advantages/disadvantages over standard.

I'll leave you to find your reading glasses and do likewise, you may discover you aren't quite so correct about what Ferro does.

Better to stay silent and have people think your an *****, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
You are misreading what FF does. FF armor does not increase max armor. It just reduces the weight of the armor you are carrying by 12%. It is 100% always inferior to endosteel as an upgrade. It has always been that way. Sarna.net even states that it does not increase max armor if you read more than the first 2 sentences.

http://www.sarna.net...o_Fibrous_Armor

Edited by Wun, 01 February 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#102 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostVaneshi SnowCrash, on 01 February 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

I love people like you. So sure of yourself. Me? I went to Sarna and double checked what, exactly, Ferro' armour is, does and it's advantages/disadvantages over standard.

I'll leave you to find your reading glasses and do likewise, you may discover you aren't quite so correct about what Ferro does.

Better to stay silent and have people think your an *****, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Except he is right, not you. Ferro gives more points *PER TON* than regular armor, not more protection.
http://www.sarna.net...i/Ferro-Fibrous

..it provides more protection per ton than standard armor (12% for FF, 20% for Clan FF)

So in MWO you get 32 points of armor per ton. Ferro makes that 35 (32 * 1.12) points per ton. The amount you can put in each location is not changed.

EDIT:update to correct 32/35 armor points numbers from Mechlab

Edited by EgoSlayer, 03 February 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#103 Kelpaz

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationAzgariith

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

When I mastered Cataphracts the 2X was my last to master. It had the steepest learning curve of them all.
Once I learned all different weapon loadout it felt alot more fleixible though.

CTF-2X
(To me the dual SRM6 arm is funny becasue it reminds me of my Commando 2D build)

The spread out weapons ensure that it always has "something" left.
I call it a build of all backups and no mains.

#104 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I don't get why everything needs to be a "mini Atlas". Can't a mech be a good mech by just being a normal sized something else?

Moving on, I really want to use the arm for a large pulse laser but the head can be very rough. Even so maybe after the update on Tuesday it will become a reality. For now here's an idea.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...05da21c8c308752

The basic concept is that the large lasers can peek over a hill and reach out from a distance then when you get in close you have a stream of SSRMs and the LBX to apply the pressure. She only runs hot if you shoot everything off all the time. You need to pace the large lasers at close range and advance using cover to let yourself cool wile taking shots. While under ECM you can forgo the SSRM (duh) and focus on your large lasers.

Still, until I can effectively mount a LPL in that right arm I feel like it just looks lame firing a stupid medium laser from it. Might actually better to ditch it all together and slap on another heat sink.

Oh and why the LBX? Because shot guns are awesome.

#105 Clogsman

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

I run this.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=42&l=724d8e151aac68b129ea5847c474cded97dccef9

Love it to death. :)

Edited by Soladrin, 01 February 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#106 Vaneshi SnowCrash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 01 February 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Except he is right, not you. Ferro gives more points *PER TON* than regular armor, not more protection.

Now I'm back in front of a Windows machine I've fired up the actual client. Do lets dance.

Mechlab > Upgrades > Armor > Ferro Fiborous Armour.

"12% more protection per ton, occupies 14 critical slots but weighs less"
"12% more protection per ton"
"12% more protection"
"12% more"
"12%"

Well would you look at THAT it gives 12% additional protection per ton. TADA!

Get lost posting alt.

#107 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

View PostVaneshi SnowCrash, on 01 February 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

[/size]

Now I'm back in front of a Windows machine I've fired up the actual client. Do lets dance.

"12% more protection"
"12% more"
"12%"

Get lost posting alt.

Ferro-Fibrous gives you 1.12 more armor per ton. You cannot exceed--and it does not increase--maximum armor amounts. Protection can be a confusing word, but luckily we have the Devs and patchnotes that clearly state how it works. If you feel that isn't the case: Note how much armor (maximum) your mech has with standard armor. Convert to Ferro-Fibrous. Try and fit more armor on the mech.

#108 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

[/size]

"12% more protection"
"12% more"
"12%"

Get lost posting alt.

The problem when you can't admit you're wrong... is that you can't correct the information in your head that needs correcting.

Go into mech lab, Max out armor. Write down max values. Put on FF. Max out armor. Write down max values. Compare. Note tonnage. Get a friend online; do some testing with small lasers. Count number of shots required to blow off limb; compare between std max and FF max.

Find out you're very wrong and very arrogant in your very wrong assertion.

Learn some reading comprehension and learn some humility. You only continue to assert your foolishness with each new post.

Edited by Zaptruder, 02 February 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#109 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

A whole bunch of incorrect nonsense, with an arrogant attitude that can't admit failure....

Posted Image

Keep on loading Ferro instead of Endo...makes no difference to me if it makes ya feel better.

Posting Alts...that's funny. A simple search of the forums on this subject will get you a few hundred more of my 'alts' that know you're obviously wrong...BwaaaHaaaHaaHa

Mr 144

Edited by Mr 144, 02 February 2013 - 12:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users