How To Make A Difference On The Coolant Issue

97 replies to this topic

#1 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

...or, Consumerism for Dummies.

Gentlemen, less than 24 hours remain until Coolantgeddon. Many of us are still displeased by PGI's "fix" to the situation, due to the changes it will bring to the overall metagame. Even Phil on NGNG pointed out that we were so close to having a well balanced heat system, and then...this.

But all is not yet lost!

The entire point of adding coolant flushes (and the other consumables for that matter) is to create a new source of income for PGI. This is understandable; a company needs money to survive and continue producing new content. However, this, in the eyes of both myself and many others, is not the way to go about it. We do not want large coolant flushes. We do not want priority support strikes. We want 'Mechs. We want game modes. We want new paint jobs. We want those derpy little bobbleheads, ESPECIALLY when they're Urbie-related.

How do we fight back when the argument seems all but lost? Hit them back, not only here, on the forums, but right in their wallets. If you have MC, take it and spend it on new 'Mechs, new paints, new cockpit items, anything but consumables. Refuse to purchase consumables. Encourage your friends to not use consumables. It's one thing to do an outright boycott, but by buying -other- things, we will make our message heard loud and clear: We do not want consumables. We want more MechWarrior!

When the numbers are run tomorrow, I assure you that if sales of new JagerMechs and other items far and away outscore consumables, and we continue to ask that they be removed from the game, PGI will realize that they have more to gain by devoting manpower to the things we ARE buying, and not the things we've rallied against for two weeks straight.

This is a war for the very soul of MWO. I need your help to fight it. Contrary to popular belief, MWO is not a dictatorship - it is in fact a democracy, and your money is your ballot. Join me, and vote for balance, vote for good game design, vote for MechWarrior Online - the game we were promised!

Posted Image

This public service announcement was paid for by Kong Interstellar Security Solutions, a subsidiary of Kong Interstellar Corporation.

Edited by valkyrie, 18 March 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#2 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

This thread is now sponsored by:
Posted Image

#3 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yes! Everybody resist dictatorship and exercise your free will democratically by doing what OP tells you to do... wait...

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

breaking news from the future: coolant is going to go completely unused by people who actually know how to handle the heat on their mech

#5 Duncan Longwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

I had the same vision... of a 3000MC+ patriotic panoply of paid painted plumage.

Edited by Duncan Longwood, 18 March 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#6 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 18 March 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

breaking news from the future: coolant is going to go completely unused by people who actually know how to handle the heat on their mech

thank you for supporting the cause.

Also, wow, GDF in 2 posts.

Edited by Tabrias07, 18 March 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#7 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

4-mans running PPC/ (C-Bill)Coolant Flush Stalkers hunting devs sounds like a good way to garner attention towards flushing.

Someone should test how fast you can core an Atlas in a Jenner using Coolant Flush.

Edited by Stingz, 18 March 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#8 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

One would hope but I still agree with Valkyrie that we should completely avoid consumables to send a message. Coolant is the big stickler, no one appeared to care as much about Artillery or Air Strikes. I understand that they released a revised system but I still do not like it. So what is there to do? Spend MC on everything but consumables.

#9 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 18 March 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Yes! Everybody resist dictatorship and exercise your free will democratically by doing what OP tells you to do... wait...

There's a very specific reason I didn't address the defenders of consumables, namely because you have already made up your mind. To argue against you would be a waste of both of our time. Instead, I seek to rally supporters to my cause, so that we will be heard over your cries of "it's fine!" and hopefully incite change in MWO. Sounds like a democracy to me.

Thanks for supporting the cause, but this is for people on the fence.

View PostStingz, on 18 March 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

4-mans running PPC/Coolant Flush Stalkers hunting devs sounds like a good way to garner attention towards flushing.

Don't do that - you'll only encourage them, because it means you'll have bought coolant flushes, which only further solidifies their reasoning for putting it in.

#10 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

And thus began the...

Posted Image

Hardly anyone purchased the original camo/colors. Then they changed it.

Would they have otherwise?

#11 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

just boycott consumables.

chances are they will make it stronger if nobody buys it though. that being said,

they seem to be taking a lot of creative liberties with the F2P model. Considering that the most played game right now is a legitimate L2P i don't know why the would want to mess with a working formula, while generating bad will with their customers.

Edited by Tennex, 18 March 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#12 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

you can ***** and moan as much as you like but it won't change anything, it will be here tomorrow and people are going to use it (if they suck at heat management anyways)

#13 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postvalkyrie, on 18 March 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Don't do that - you'll only encourage them, because it means you'll have bought coolant flushes, which only further solidifies their reasoning for putting it in.

Only if you are foolish enough to buy MC coolant, C-Bill Coolant should give you just enough for another alpha (and kill).

Edited by Stingz, 18 March 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#14 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 18 March 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

Nice to see they keep their word.

lol

#15 Star Colonel Mustard Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm certianly not wasting any MC on that junk if that's what you're on about.

#16 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

View PostOmni 13, on 18 March 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

you can ***** and moan as much as you like but it won't change anything, it will be here tomorrow and people are going to use it (if they suck at heat management anyways)

RnR was changed based on feedback. Camo/colors were changed as well. This isn't impossible, it just has to be done the right way.

Not buying consumables is one such way.

#17 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

View PostStingz, on 18 March 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

4-mans running PPC/ (C-Bill)Coolant Flush Stalkers hunting devs sounds like a good way to garner attention towards flushing.

Someone should test how fast you can core an Atlas in a Jenner using Coolant Flush.

What was the BS reason we didnt get 2.0 heat sinks again? And honestly whats the BS reason NOW?

#18 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 March 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

What was the BS reason we didnt get 2.0 heat sinks again? And honestly whats the BS reason NOW?

3-second Jenners or some such. I'm sure someone has a screencap.

#19 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postbenth, on 18 March 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

And thus began the...

Posted Image

Hardly anyone purchased the original camo/colors. Then they changed it.

Would they have otherwise?

lol its always the golds' fault. Even the ones protesting too.

#20 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I know I'm not buying them. It's probably more effective to make robots that don't suck at heat management and/or not suck at heat management yourself :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users