2 Simple Ways To Keep Clans From Taking Over The Game

134 replies to this topic

#21 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

If only it was 3030, then we would have some GREAT succession wars to look forward to rather than Clan silliness.

#22 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostPvt Ortiz, on 31 January 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

2 SIMPLE WAYS TO KEEP CLANS FROM TAKING OVER THE GAME

Keep clan from ruining the game ? As far as im concerned this is a TEAM based game.... the one who are ruining the game ( if any ) are the random players that dont want to play as a team. Not the players that plays in team.

Why dont you just get in a group. Its not that hard. and not all of them require you to Role-Play.

.<--------Point

---------------------->you.

#23 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostDeath Mallet, on 31 January 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Game Mechanic: Any mech targeted via 'R' by a Clan mech cannot be targeted by any other Clan mech until the target has been broken

Sounds good to me. I think that would work. It should be treated as a team kill by any other Clan mechs that shoot at it too, whether or not they have targeted it.

#24 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Spoiler Alert:

The Clans lose.
As long as PGI remembers that, everything else will fall into place.

#25 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 31 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Spoiler Alert:

The Clans lose.

Thats impossible. I have been assured by many people on this forum that superior tech = an I Win button. You must be mistaken.

#26 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Spoiler Alert:

The Clans lose.

Posted Image

#27 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

The Clans do not lose, they defeat themselves. It is different.

If the wussy Wolves had not grabbed the Ilkhan slot when they did it would have been different.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 31 January 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Thats impossible. I have been assured by many people on this forum that superior tech = an I Win button. You must be mistaken.

Dunno If I am one of those people.. cuz I never said any such thing. I did say that Clan Tech is superior in every way, and if everyone has unlimited access to it following the current economy model, everyone will be running nothing but Clan Tech.

Definitely a big difference between the 2 conclusions.

View PostKylere, on 31 January 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

If the wussy Wolves had not grabbed the Ilkhan slot when they did it would have been different.

eh.. you mean had it rigged by the Crusaders into electing a Wolf Ilkhan they thought they could lame duck and manipulate, only to be outfoxed... errrr outwolfed by the man?

Well, we all know the Crusaders are only matched by the Capellans and Comstar for revisionist history.....

#29 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostCongzilla, on 31 January 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

Or just let any mech use Clan weapons and tech, problem solved.

...and....have wasted all this time balancing IS weapons?

What a chipper idea.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 31 January 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

...and....have wasted all this time balancing IS weapons?

What a chipper idea.

"I don't always agree with PanzerBunny, but when I do it's completely, AND with a Dos Equis." -the most interesting Mechwarrior in the Universe

#31 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostKylere, on 31 January 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

If the wussy Wolves had not grabbed the been manuvered into Ilkhan slot when they did were it would have been different.
Remember the Crusaders forced the Wolves into the ilKhan seat trying to force them into a more aggressive stance or discredit them.

#32 Naja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I keep seeing people talking about Zellbrigen, but i would like to remind people (from Sarna)

"During the Clan Invasion the rules of zellbrigen lapsed, primarily because the Inner Sphere had no concept of Clan cultural norms and, in some cases, exploited them for "underhanded" victories. By the end of the campaign zellbrigen had all but died out in several Clans, while most still reserve it for inter-Clan confrontations or against worthy Inner Sphere warriors.[1][2]"

#33 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Spoiler Alert:

The Clans lose.

We can't really have entertaining Community warfare if we stick to lore specific results when it comes to the galactic map.

#34 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 January 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Dunno If I am one of those people.. cuz I never said any such thing. I did say that Clan Tech is superior in every way, and if everyone has unlimited access to it following the current economy model, everyone will be running nothing but Clan Tech.

Why do IS players need access to Clan tech? I have never heard the DEVs mention this as even an implied possibility, and as many have pointed out, that is certainly not what happened in the Battletech Universe in this time period either.

People can pick Clan or IS, not a mix of both. If you pick Clan, you accept the ratio disadvantage. How is this not balanced?

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 31 January 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

We can't really have entertaining Community warfare if we stick to lore specific results when it comes to the galactic map.

Ah, well, technically we get to have both, after all, haven't they already stated that all our conflicts are going to be on the peripherals of the Invasion, and not "affect" the canon Invasion, Planets and Units in any way?

So we get to do all the muck work, not to mention the stuff that nobody focuses on like the garrison units not on Clan Borders who still have to deal with Pirates, bandits, Periphery Realms and opportunistic raids from other House Lords.

#36 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostNaja, on 31 January 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

I keep seeing people talking about Zellbrigen, but i would like to remind people (from Sarna)

"During the Clan Invasion the rules of zellbrigen lapsed, primarily because the Inner Sphere had no concept of Clan cultural norms and, in some cases, exploited them for "underhanded" victories. By the end of the campaign zellbrigen had all but died out in several Clans, while most still reserve it for inter-Clan confrontations or against worthy Inner Sphere warriors.[1][2]"

Yes the IS can break it and yes, if the Clans are the ones to break it I'm sure they will have a terrible penalty to whatever income they should have received for the match.

They have said they are "experimenting" with methods to introduce an honour feature for the Clans in how they fight..well...anyone.

#37 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 31 January 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Why do IS players need access to Clan tech? I have never heard the DEVs mention this as even an implied possibility, and as many have pointed out, that is certainly not what happened in the Battletech Universe in this time period either.

People can pick Clan or IS, not a mix of both. If you pick Clan, you accept the ratio disadvantage. How is this not balanced?

Because even if you pick one or the other, 99% of all casual players and probably half the "core" players will pick Clan every single time.

Doesn't leave too many players left to fill the Inner Sphere drops for those Clanners to face off against.

#38 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

The clans won't take over the IS. That's because PGI will be controlling the borders of the factions when CW comes online. At best, even before the clans arrive, we'll only be able to marginally change the traditional borders of the houses. There will be no big pushes to plant a Davion flag on Tharkad like there was in MPBT:3025, or the time when House Liao almost took over Davion space, or some unholy alliance between Marik and Kurita to wipe out the Lyrans.

PGI won't allow assaults and planetary take overs in the deep country of each faction. At least not right away. Its all in the CW documentation on the forums here and its been said by Garth several times in various NGNG podcasts.

When the clans come, and if we have CW running, they will have a fixed territory and will only be able to launch border skirmishes like the rest of us.

As for the clan tech and stuff like that, I can't even speculate how they will handle it. If the game is to be fair, they need to give the Inner Sphere some kind of advantage to balance out the clan tech.

Maybe that's got something to do with the ELO. Maybe they'll give IS factions a tonnage advantage or a c-bill advantage (and odd thought because the Clans warrior caste has no economy). But I do know this: Human players, playing this game, will never willingly subscribe to the Clans combat doctrine -- the bidding process and the 1-on-1 combat rules. They'll ton up with the best of them and focus fire with Daishis and MadCats that are all min/maxed with omni tech.

PGI has to know that's going to happen.

#39 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

View PostSadistic Savior, on 31 January 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I mean, I could get my head around a restricted module, unique so only one on your ride that's ludicrously expensive in GXP and C-Bills, allowing ONE piece of Clan Tech on your IS Mech at double the price it would cost a Clan player.

#40 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Because even if you pick one or the other, 99% of all casual players and probably half the "core" players will pick Clan every single time.

Make Clan MC only, and expensive. Problem solved.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users