The Ecm Feature: Aftermath

452 replies to this topic

Poll: The ECM Feature: Aftermath (1136 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you enjoy MWO more with the ECM feature?

1. Yes I enjoy MWO a lot more with the ECM feature (168 votes [14.79%])

Percentage of vote: 14.79%

2. Yes, I enjoy MWO a bit more with the ECM feature (159 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

3. I feel indifferent about the ECM feature (192 votes [16.90%])

Percentage of vote: 16.90%

4. No, I enjoy MWO a bit less with the ECM feature (269 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

5. No, I enjoy MWO a lot less with the ECM feature (348 votes [30.63%])

Percentage of vote: 30.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#281 ShadowThunder77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

i barely play anymore cause its not as fun since ECM came along. ;) :P :unsure:

#282 Locan Ravok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 141 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I don't think ECM is OP. This is why I only play ECM carrying mechs. :-(

#283 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostLocan Ravok, on 14 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

I don't think ECM is OP. This is why I only play ECM carrying mechs. :-(

Funny story.

People are always saying its not OP that its fine, but cant seem to give any reasonable explainations as to why they have this opinion.

Edited by Teralitha, 14 February 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#284 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostTeralitha, on 14 February 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Funny story.

People are always saying its not OP that its fine, but cant seem to give any reasonable explainations as to why they have this opinion.

I bet if they were forced to play against other premades instead of PUGstomping they'd have a different attitude.

#285 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostDocBach, on 14 February 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

There's only 800 voters so far, its way too small of a percentage to base how the community feels about ECM, which as we all know is completely fair and balanced.

The votes are still coming in. And hate to break ti to you... but the more people vote, the higher the count against ECM. We can safely assume that all the people who have already quit playing becuase of ECM wont be here to vote either.

#286 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostTeralitha, on 14 February 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

The votes are still coming in. And hate to break ti to you... but the more people vote, the higher the count against ECM. We can safely assume that all the people who have already quit playing becuase of ECM wont be here to vote either.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic ;)

800 is similar to how many people they poll for national elections; the sample size is plenty large enough.

Edited by Codejack, 14 February 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#287 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Oh, and this is what happens if you ask a perfectly relevant question about ECM:

http://mwomercs.com/...to-paul-inouye/

They lie to you and lock the thread.

#288 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostCodejack, on 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I bet if they were forced to play against other premades instead of PUGstomping they'd have a different attitude.

They will, once MM phase 3 is here. I expect an influx of players jumping on the "OP ECM" bandwagon. Or rather a bunch of new ECM pilots. Either way will prove our point.

#289 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 14 February 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

They will, once MM phase 3 is here. I expect an influx of players jumping on the "OP ECM" bandwagon. Or rather a bunch of new ECM pilots. Either way will prove our point.

Lol, this poll didn't pretty much already prove it?

What about this one? http://mwomercs.com/...-communication/

Does the inclusion of ECM make MWO more fun overall?

We've won, we're just waiting for PGI to notice.

#290 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Notice what? Any negative poll will receive more votes - people don't leave the game to come on the forums to tell us they don't mind a feature. Why would they?

#291 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 14 February 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Notice what? Any negative poll will receive more votes - people don't leave the game to come on the forums to tell us they don't mind a feature. Why would they?

LMAO! You just keep telling yourself that.

More people simply stop patronizing businesses that fail to meet their standards than complain. In customer service in general, the rule of thumb is that for every complaint you receive, there are 10 others whose business you lost for the same reason.

Edited by Codejack, 14 February 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#292 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostCodejack, on 14 February 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Any other contorted logic you want to throw out here, Garth?

Here, I'll match you: More people simply stop patronizing businesses that fail to meet their standards than complain. In customer service in general, the rule of thumb is that for every complaint you receive, there are 10 others whose business you lost for the same reason.

I see your (baseless) assertion and raise you another!

"For every person you see complaining about a product, 1000 others are using it effectively contently."

#293 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 14 February 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I see your (baseless) assertion and raise you another!

"For every person you see complaining about a product, 1000 others are using it effectively contently."

That was pretty much my point; the only valid data is the data you actually have.

#294 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Codejack on a code of conduct violation spree.

#295 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

I was simply giving you another "Rule of thumb"

Communicative apathy is the norm.. to communicate with a business or seller about a product is rare comparatively.
(Or a forum of public opinion in this case.)

(I would like to point out that there are many negative poll backfires out there...)

#296 Jello2142

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

LMAO! You just keep telling yourself that.

More people simply stop patronizing businesses that fail to meet their standards than complain. In customer service in general, the rule of thumb is that for every complaint you receive, there are 10 others whose business you lost for the same reason.

Customer service/Business 101 right there! You don't need a six sigma to figure that one out.

As for why would people complain after leaving. Here Garth let me give you an example.

1)SWG. I played this game for a while they made some poor decisions that made the game less fun for me so I canceled and left my feedback on their forums on multiple occasions. I knew for a fact I was not the only one who left for the same reasons however I felt that if they could turn things around I would come back and maybe everyone else would as well.

2)PS2. Man I was hard core for this game but recently stopped playing this and I still frequent their forums. Mind you I don't post as much in the lines of complaints because I officially uninstalled a couple weeks ago.

Quit being so presumptuous that people are just complaining for complaints sake.

#297 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostJello2142, on 14 February 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Customer service/Business 101 right there! You don't need a six sigma to figure that one out.

As for why would people complain after leaving. Here Garth let me give you an example.

1)SWG. I played this game for a while they made some poor decisions that made the game less fun for me so I canceled and left my feedback on their forums on multiple occasions. I knew for a fact I was not the only one who left for the same reasons however I felt that if they could turn things around I would come back and maybe everyone else would as well.

2)PS2. Man I was hard core for this game but recently stopped playing this and I still frequent their forums. Mind you I don't post as much in the lines of complaints because I officially uninstalled a couple weeks ago.

Quit being so presumptuous that people are just complaining for complaints sake.

I see your personal experience- and raise my own!

World of Warcraft: I played vanilla, BC, WotLK, and Cata. I decided that MOP was going to be a waste of my time because of the features they put in (specifically the talent trees) and quietly cancelled my subscription a year ago.. have not been back.
World ot Tanks: Played it for a long time, had a presence in the forums including lots of "wtf" posts and when I got into the MWO closed beta.. I quietly left. (WoT still has the "Critical Hit- No damage" Mechanic supported by their ever present "Working as intended"­™)
DDO: Had a bigger presence in there.. spent some money had some fun, but as I got higher levels it started getting harder to get a group unless you were in a guild.. and that was pretty much nepotism. The game had no way of allowing you to continue in smaller groups. I quietly left.

There are more.. but I think I've made my point.

#298 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

@codejackPlease stop attacking garth every time he says something. most of us would prefer a actually engaged intelligent conversation were we could explain ourselves then for you to chase him away with pitch forks.

View PostGarth Erlam, on 14 February 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hey Garth.Ecm as it is has made the game less fun for most of us. Some have quit and some like me have stayed around but are having less fun in game. All of us though who find that ecm in its current form makes the game less fun are still around waiting and hoping that it will be properly counter balanced. If ecm is here to stay as is then just let us know. That way we can move on to other interests and all the ecm hate can go away. It's the limbo of not knowing that is the worst. The constant hope that this patch will fix ecm.

#299 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Complaint ratios about customer service compared to complaint ratios about beta game play do not correlate.

in Beta/games Almost all complainers will post, Praise for features are posted by less than 5% of players.

#300 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

In customer service in general, the rule of thumb is that for every complaint you receive, there are 10 others whose business you lost for the same reason.

As much as I've heard that being beat into people's head, I would doubt it's far from the truth.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users