The Ecm Feature: Aftermath

452 replies to this topic

Poll: The ECM Feature: Aftermath (1136 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you enjoy MWO more with the ECM feature?

1. Yes I enjoy MWO a lot more with the ECM feature (168 votes [14.79%])

Percentage of vote: 14.79%

2. Yes, I enjoy MWO a bit more with the ECM feature (159 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

3. I feel indifferent about the ECM feature (192 votes [16.90%])

Percentage of vote: 16.90%

4. No, I enjoy MWO a bit less with the ECM feature (269 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

5. No, I enjoy MWO a lot less with the ECM feature (348 votes [30.63%])

Percentage of vote: 30.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#441 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Bumping for more votes. Im wondering when devs are going to act on this information.

#442 Geadron Kane

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 01 February 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

what if ECM was a module?

Y E S ! ! and it should be available to all.

#443 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

it would be a massively OP module. Most of the modules are not that game changing. If they were doing this then the 360 module should reveal all targets 360 around the mech and target retention would last for 5-10 seconds.

#444 Dasein

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

I think they should split it functions on two piece of equipment . First guardian that will prevent targeting from long range, Second disrupt that will prevent targeting on close range.

#445 Sudden Reversal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

So over half the community feel that MWO is a less fun experience due to ECM inclusion. B)

A quarter of players like the game more because of it. ^_^

The remainder don't give a fig. :D

Those are pretty telling numbers, especially as it is only drawn from those that are active forum participants and the majority of other players out there who are not are also most likely to be PUG players i.e. those that are most negatively impacted by an ECM presence.

Balance that puppy properly or give us an opt out option and be done with it.

#446 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostHedonism Robot, on 02 March 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

it would be a massively OP module. Most of the modules are not that game changing. If they were doing this then the 360 module should reveal all targets 360 around the mech and target retention would last for 5-10 seconds.

It'd have to be split into many different modules; sort of in fact how most of the radar modules we have now like advanced sensors, 360 targeting, ect are suppose to be included with Beagle Active Probe.

http://mwomercs.com/...m-with-modules/

#447 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Yep. The majority of the players dont like ECM. Its a fact. PGI doesnt care either, The opinion of 1 developer, outweighs the hundreds that disagree.

Funny how quickly they changed their minds about the consumables idea though, and there wasnt even that much feedback about it.

People have been groaning about ECM since the day it was implemented. There is a new topic almost everday, and even sometimes several ECM topics a day complaining about how it ruins the balance of the gameplay.

Yet PGI ignores it all. They probably think they have to have a feature like this to create an endgame skill curve. They look at other games and are copying their model, but they are doing it wrong. They add in an OP feature, and expect the players to find a way to balance it out on their own in the meta. LOL does it, but LOL also nerfs things that are "too" strong all the time.

ECM is too strong. It has created a very narrow minded meta. Its not diverse, its not tactical, its not strategic. Its a very base meta that doesnt take much thought. LOL meta game is very complex, and has considerable diversity. But they also make a provision for players to ban certain champions from ranked play. Its a balancing feature. PGI also needs to make such provision for endgame play. If they dont want to balance ECM, give us the option to ban it from our premade matches. Even previous mechwarrior titles have banning options for any weapons and tech the server owner deemed unfun, or unfair.

PGI may never change ECM, but they need to add provisions for players to decide whether they want such things in their matches. Like a filter. Otherwise a huge chunk of the playerbase will eventually lose interest in playing... and paying.

#448 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

i enjoy MWO more with the ECM Feature but a Atlas with ECM is Overpowerd. Scouts are still okay.

#449 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostRapierE01, on 08 March 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

i enjoy MWO more with the ECM Feature but a Atlas with ECM is Overpowerd. Scouts are still okay.

If only it was JUST a scouting tool...... If an atlas is OP with ECM, then so is everything in its cloaking radius. If everything in an ECM cloak is OP, then ECM is op.

Sorry had to do a logic breakdown for ya.
X = A Mech. E = ECM. Atlas = mech = X.

Any mech inside ECM bubble = X + E

If an Atlas with ECM is OP(according to your perspective) then X + E = OP (or Any mech with ECM protection is or becomes OP when inside an ECM bubble.

Therefore ECM makes any mech OP that has it.

Edited by Teralitha, 08 March 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#450 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Kinda telling when the "no" answers outnumber all of the "yes" ones

#451 Dreepa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

There is really no question about it. This is an issue.

So many postings about this.
So many polls, some stupid, some senseful.
Ingame chats about it and insults.
And it is overburdening the average gamer.

Best example is how friends I try to bring to the game are totally overburdened to cope with the loss of their radar.

Where are you?
Where is my team
Where is the enemy?

I do not know who it is that is holding on to it. Maybe Bryan Ekman? It does not really matter. Not adressing this would be pure ignorance and complacency.

Edited by Dreepa, 09 March 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#452 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Almost 1200 players voted, showing us all that ECM is widely embraced and loved by the majority of the sensible community.

It's only the vocal minority of whiners that need to learn to play that don't like it. If they leave this game I say good riddance, we don't need them as part of this community.

#453 Sudden Reversal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostDocBach, on 11 March 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Almost 1200 players voted, showing us all that ECM is widely embraced and loved by the majority of the sensible community.

It's only the vocal minority of whiners that need to learn to play that don't like it. If they leave this game I say good riddance, we don't need them as part of this community.

Sarcasm and the Internets, a marriage made in heaven!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users