284 replies to this topic

#281 MechaLooz

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostVodrin Thales, on 13 February 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Your statement may not be hyperbole, but it is seriously flawed. I dropped in a 4 man ...

See that's the problem right here. Tolkien's analysis was made with PUGs, not pre-made (see http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1709146 ). Nobody will deny a well organised pre-made can counter the effects of ECM. The question is whether the skill level required to do so is set too high for most of the people.

There is an easy experiment to test if ECM is overpowered. Make ECM available to everyone (at a % of total tonnage cost for example) and see how many players do not take it.

#282 Segoris

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostTolkien, on 13 February 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...46#entry1709146

I'm not sure why you're using quotation marks on tests, or statistics since I literally did tests then calculated the implied statistics based on the outcomes.

Spoiler

[bah lost original post, oh well] Before anything else - I need to live up to a mistake. I read your post as you saying having more ECM gave a 99.999 victory percentage, or having more ECM gave odds of 99.999:.001. When what you said was that there is 99.999% certainity that having more ECM meant a team was more likely to win. That is something I agree and have stated previously, though I believe it is happening less as things have changed since ECM was first released (especially during the first 6 weeks or so of ECM).

That said, I was indeed using quotes as I did not see your previous workings with ECM, though in most cases using quotes is correct since you're the first person I've seen who actually has made efforts at logging data (on either side of the argument). While I truly believe your data to be a good start and some good effort, I do find it to be incomplete and flawed. Regardles of agreeing or disagreeing with anything, I do hope you keep up the good work on it, and it really was some good work, kudos to you.

As to not crap up this thread, I'm posting further feedback in a spoiler for the ECM testing since I'm unable to respond to your linked thread
Spoiler

#283 Sharp Spikes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSochi, Russia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostHaitchpeasauce, on 13 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

AC20s are also short range.

AC/20 still gives 10 points of damage at 540m. Regular PPC does the same (10 pt @ 540m). That's not exactly "short" range.

#284 Jerod Drekmor

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWest side of Iron Curtain

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostTVMA Doc, on 11 February 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Other than the times when I mess up and get in a bad position/don't notice the splatcat, I typically will win a brawl with my Atlas. They are far from an "I win" button. They may be a bit of an overpowered one-trick-pony-for their weight, but there are plenty of counters.

Sure, mate.... I didnt see its that easy.....I just have to run atlas, like everyone else(who dont run spaltcat) and win. I though it was game with all sorts of mechs. But I have this feeling we are coming down to this anyway.....just like my last 2 maches, 4 atlases, 3 catapults and me alone in Hunchback.

Edited by Jerod Drekmor, 14 February 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#285 Mental Hippie

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Getting both side torsos and attached arms stripped off my lightly damaged hunchie in a single salvo (I actually laughed out loud) by a facehugging splatcat, it struck me that the convergence of those huge, cumbersome ears should be a lot worse than it currently is up close.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users