#1 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

So I have previously been advocating removing bases from assault and calling it skirmish and then changing assault all together. I have thought of a way to expand on that better.

You have your typical 1 team offense and 1 team defense. Now, instead of the one capture zone like I previously had, make 3 or 4. Before the battle show an overhead of the map. Defenders have 1 min to pick which zone they want to start at. This will give multiple objectives for the attackers to take preventing a giant brawl inside the one and only point.

Each zone could affect the battle differently. One zone could control turrets on the map. Another could be an ammo stockpile that if captured will give the attackers a bigger salvage bonus, or blown up to make a huge explosion to ill a group of mechs so taking the main objective is easier.

Then we no longer have people complaining about cap races, no deathmatch, and people that don't want a deathmatch will see skirmish as a representation of a small battle that would be fought during a campaign. All maps should have a retreat zone in CW so merc companies can avoid huge repair costs if they find themselves down 4 mechs, or could feign a retreat to set a trap.

Thoughts?

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

problem with this set up is any attackers worth their salt will group up and take one objective at a time. Any defenders will only ever stay in a pack of 8 or they will be slaughtered.

Any ammo dump becomes a target for long range LRM and direct fire if it is going to damage the defenders.... why hit the mechs when you can do a lot of damage with no danger to your self?

nice idea but not sure it's workable

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users