181 replies to this topic

#61 Hallegal

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSol,Terra,Ger.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

The hole Start/End-screne seems a bit overload.
Maybe i get used to it.
The "You a killd by" screne is cool. But again it seems a bit confusing.
Many cool informations..... in a to fat font.
The blue Teamcolor is kinda hard to read, i think the old green was bedder!
Hall

#62 Eraos

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'd suggest (nothing too original here, just echoing others further up this thread):
  • The in-game scoreboard takes too long to come up/go away due to the animations. It makes information gathering mid-game needlessly distracting dangerous: please restore it to an instantaneous/immediate display/disappearance.
  • The fact that you can't see kills/assists whilst in-game is irritating. Why was this information removed? I would like to see it reinstated.
  • Edit: right, I forgot to say -- better highlighting of your statistics on this display would also be very welcome.

Edited by Eraos, 05 February 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#63 Failcube

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'd like the end screen to list all players on both teams together in order of points (or at least an option to sort that way) like it was before.

The in-game Tab screen needs the icons removed and player (and party) highlighted since it's impossible at first glance to get important information while piloting.

#64 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Any chance of putting in an option to disable the "you have been Destroyed" death screen...

I really dont care for it much. For me it doesent really provide much of anything but an annoyace as i have to click out of the damn thing to get back into spectator mode.

Most of the time i just dont really need any of it.. heck one simple line of text would be all i need.

----- Soandso destroyed u with a <BLAH BLAH> shot to the Knee ---------

you guys are just really overdoing things that didnt even really need to be done as they were just fine to start with..

This patch feels like another facepalm.

PGI please learn to K.I.S.S.

#65 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

I agree with the new screen being a bit "overload" - although that might just be a matter of being accustomed to the minimalist approach from before. Time will tell. I actually do like the animation, though. Makes the screen feel as if it would be part of the 'Mech UI. :(

Also, I like that we can now see who was piloting what - even the enemy, at the end of a round.

But, still no ability to scroll through chat - the "X has left" messages at the end of a match tend to clutter up the box and make actual talk disappear. :I

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 05 February 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#66 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

I like the new screens as they are, Would only be nice to see also enemy mechs as soon somebody get the informations also on the screen during combat.

#67 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

at death screen, id like for the stats to not be blocking my view of my now dead mech. It may be my resolution, but the text blocks far too much of the mech.. and I want to see the mech..
first impressions.. love it. though i miss personal stats and xp breakdown..
do like, cause of death.

#68 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

i kind of like the new screen, aside the allready mentioned bugs with the chat losing text and stuff.

At first it's a but to much information, but that might be because i am not used yet to that screen.

Edit: I'd also like to see my own stats higlighted in some way in the table

Edited by Elder Thorn, 06 February 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#69 GruenGruen

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hi Mechwarriors, sry for my bad english:-)

First of all, thx to the developer by creating such a good game with tons of potential.
And i like the new patch.
(i really hate the new colors..:(=
My little Jenner is so moveable and i have the impression that the games get a new level of
difficulty.Which is a very good sign and im happily looking forward to new content.
so that the game will become a true mmo and not a luncher with some bgs:)

So now to my topic.

the scoreboard is totally unfair.

im a scout ,so im very fast and moveable.
i have 6 lasers on my jenner and i can defend myself.
but i will never do the damage what ppl can with the big guns.
these large scale waepons blast smale jenners to pieces but no the other way around.
So when i have a nice mech with nice weapons the chance to kill and do more dmg is more likely.
These is good but unfair when it comes to something like scoreboard or metascore.
In other (true) online games such as (wow) classes can be compared. but you cannot compare a jennr with an atlas...

thats all i wanted to say:)

thx for mechwarrior online:)

#70 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

How is the rating calculated?
As far as i can tell its only calculated by damage done.
Doesn't sound good for me, because spraying dmg all over a target will increase your rating.

#71 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I love it! it's a step in the right direction!

I, too, would like to see kills in match prior to death.

Also, I'd like the end of round chat to scroll, and, instead of giving a DC announcement for every player (because this prevents you from seeing the texts), I'd like to see that as a new status column eg. Alive, Disconnected. This would facilitate post round chat.

#72 kiltymonroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

The minimap on the pre-start screen needs to show which side you're dropping on, so you can use the chat to start strategizing ahead of time.

#73 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostUndergoose, on 05 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

2. Where's the 'Damage from Friendlies' and 'Damage to Friendlies' columns? I really think FF info would help people improve their play styles immensely. LRM boats are great when they actually manage to do decent damage in a game, but there's no indicator to show them that 25% of their missiles are hitting friendlies.

I too would like to see "Damage from FF" and "Damage to Friendlies" in stat info. That said, if an LRM boat is hitting friendly targets with LRMs that is an issue with the 'Friendlies" that are getting hit by the LRMs humping the enemy, and NOT with the person who is shooting the LRMs.

Even if you are a AS7-D-DC with 2 med-lasers, 3 SRM6s, and an AC/20 (< 270M mech) you should not be THAT close to the enemy, and if you are getting hit by friendly LRMs, BACK OFF (stop leg humping). Not only are you doing damage to yourself, but you are also likely closing up firing lanes for other non-LRM friendlies.

Also, If you are the enemy mech and you know LRMs are coming in, and you can position the LRM shooters teammate between you and the LRMs...kudos to you for your great piloting!!!

TL:DR - If you are getting hit by your teammates LRMs you are either need to improve your positioning skills, or your enemy is a great pilot (positioning himself between you and your teammates LRMs).

Edited by Armando, 06 February 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#74 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Very nice! I think you should remove the fade in/fade our effect on the scoreboard that appears when you press TAB.

#75 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Just to add to the already great points made here. I'm a motion graphics and graphic design artist and FOR ME there were some really bad choices made in the UI.

First, I don't know how big your screens are but on my 1920*1200 at 24 inch the scoreboard is huuuge. Typography is way too big. I would like to shrink it all 40% down (especially scoreboard at the end and the "you've been destroyed" screen"). In short: Let us choose the ppi/dpi the scoreboards are shown.

Before I was able to take a fast glimpse and now I have to move my eyes over the big screen to get all the data I want.

Some more points:

- The team lists are devided into 4-man groups. That's really annoying. Its seperating players into two groups, lends you to thinking you belong to the better or lesser of the two groups or you first think these are 4-mans. Confusing.

- My name is not highlighted, nor do I get the most useful information first (kills, assists, xp, c-bills).

- Screen transition effect on pressing tab (the glow and flickering) looks cool the first time but after the second time it's just annoying. Too slow and too distracting. We need to be able to look very fast who is dead and who is alive!

- Scoreboards at the end and team list (on TAB) should get adjusted in terms of font sizes. Give the names a bold type-weight, the rest a normal type-weight.

- Give us an option to change the hud colors for enemies and teammates. The new blue is really hard on MY eyes.

- When you type something into the chat window while the match starts and you can't finish it and press enter to submit, it will vanish as soon as the match starts, meaning you have to type it again. Confusing.

- The ECM mark above a players triangle is in teal (green-blue mix) while the other text is in blue. They don't match. The ECM circle with the dot in the middle is white, which is again a different color. Uniformity?

Give me a photoshop layout file for the scoreboard (TAB) and the one at the end and I'll rework it.

Will add more when I play again tonight.

Edited by TexAss, 06 February 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#76 Crimson Fenris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Scoreboard is still "work in progress", but the score seems to be more related to damage done and kills. That makes sense.

But remember, with a light its very easy to hit at least once each of ennemy mech, getting a lot of assist xp and score :(
And since spotting and Tagging award some XP as well, there are good ways for a light to up his/her score.

Lights are here to be like a bee sting, badgering relentlessly, destroying some cored components, and always have to switch targets to help finish the most damaged opponents.
Rather than hitting hard, since weaponry is not suited for such fashion.

The only great thing you can achieve, is to corner a lonely assault, and sting it to death after a long dance, but opportunities are not very current :blink:

Edited by Crimson Fenris, 06 February 2013 - 02:22 AM.

#77 Stuii OCAU

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

and it was already bad...
I think I'm waiting close to a full 30 seconds or more after returning to mech bay before I can use amech or a config change or a new battle...

#78 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

I feel the new Scoreboard/EOR is a big step forward.

I feel that its somewhat harder to read than the old one and its quite a bit slower.

#79 GruenGruen

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

hi there;)

xps are not my problem:)
i get tons of xps as scout, scanning, spoting, assisting, sting to death:)

and yes the scoreboard is related to kills and damage.
but i think damage gives more points then kills.
and spoting and assisting arent the ones that gives you so much (score)points.
i alwys have 5 assist and more.

and yes a scout is not a purer killer. but my role should be better reflected in the scoreboard.:(

#80 Dafus

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Opening score screeen [tab] needs to be instant without any sort of stupid visual effects.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users