Targetbox Not Around Target

v1.2.182

152 replies to this topic

#21 UiA

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Experienced this as well. Also had a bug one match where my HUD minimap was upside down

#22 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Same bug here.
Phantom triangles and targeting squares appear and (up till now) disappear quickly (fun fact: enemy mech spotted about 600m underground)

The only negative effect of the patch so far.

#23 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

looks like this Posted Image

The red stuff in the middle there is stuck and won't go away.

#24 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

When using Advanced zoom, it's worse.... the box jumps all over the place and is blurry

#25 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

ditto OP

#26 Sherida

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Same bug here, only seen it when i am not able to see directly the enemy mech (on my back or behind a building).

#27 BIix

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

While showing the Target Overlay, any attempt to target an enemy mech results in some wierd results.

To start, when Show Target Overlay is on, attempting to target the mech under your reticule is near impossible. Further, It almost seems like it just resorts to the old cycle targeting. But it is targeting mechs not even viewable on my screen while my reticule is centered on another mech which never gets the focus.

#28 LagomorphPrime

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

+1 Also, sometimes the red arrow noting a mech somewhere that one of your allies has targeted seems to float around the edge of the screen wildly, regardless of where that mech actually is in relation to you.

#29 Dikaiosyne26

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yep, same problem here, The box seemed to center on my crosshairs, tantalizing me.

#30 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostExinferis, on 05 February 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Sometimes it happens if you lock a target which is outside your view the box which should be normaly around the target is just fixed somewhere randomly on the screen.
Happened to me about every second lock.

I've gotten this a few times now in mechs without ssrms or lrms; the issue seems to happen even without being able to acquire locks. Will get a screenshot if I can.

#31 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Happened repeatedly in my last match, at one time I had three ghost targets on my HUD.

#32 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

"Ditto".

Seeing markers floating in the air and locks off my screen is rather disconcerting.

#33 DesertRat

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Happens to me too. Most times ends up just low-left of aiming reticule, but not always. Enemy indicator will do the same thing too.

#34 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I have noticed this sometimes using a normal view, but this almost always occurs when I use Advanced Zoom.

#35 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Like this:

Posted Image

It stays like that, sort of drifting around the screen but always near the center. For reference, the player targeted was in the water almost directly behind me. Changing targets removes the issue temporarily.

#36 Omar Ravenhurst

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Yup, had this one as well. On Caustic, I locked onto a target that I was zoomed in on. I centered my crosshairs on the target. When I moved my reticle, the red triangle and lock brackets followed my screen, as did the red triangle of a mech that was behind and to the right of the mech I was locked onto. The effect lasted until my death. I tried zooming out, reaquiring, and changing to heat vision. I didn't have time to try a power down.

#37 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Confirmed

#38 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I do not always get target brackets around selected target but can acquire missile lock. I can see the hollow triangle fill as I hit target select key.
I also have the Brackets 'glue' to my cross hairs when target went off screen.

#39 Redrayke

Rookie

• Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm seeing this quite often, at least 2 or 3 times a match. I'm seeing two different kinds of errors as well.

The worst one is that the target reticle is stationary on the screen and moves with torso twist. any missle locks will fire at the indicated location and not at the selected mech.

The second is that the target reticle for the selected target flashes between two points, both very near the target but not always on the selected target.

This needs to be fixed promptly. It's brutal on LRM boats that already have to deal with ECM challenges. My direct-fire mechs are fun but it's still visually so annoying that I may just have to play something else until it gets resolved.

#40 Vraxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Definitely repeatable. Seems to mainly be if the target was outside of immediate field of view bounding box appears and stays stationary rather than tracking with target.

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users