Thoughts Of Todays Patch.

71 replies to this topic

#1 Foksuh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

So, new patch. Looked at the notes, seemed promising for once, lot of changes and added stuff.
Got the game patched, logged in...
Permanent colours are nice, but the prices are through the roof redonkulous. Ehhhh...
Pretty Baby? Not so pretty, but Awesomes were always fun, not sure about the hardpoints though.
The energy weapon changes? Promising!

Decided to jump in the game after this..

The starter screen is a nice touch, you get to see what your team is made off and even chat a bit.
Match begins with the mech getting started.. Nice touch but do I wanna see this every time? Not sure, but it's not -that- bothersome.
I never had performance issues with the game, besides the FPS bug I've suffered in the past, and some random crashes, but it felt like the game was running smoother?

...til it froze. First match in a while, first match after patch.. and game froze about 4 minutes into the match... Yeahhhh.. I've had crashes before, but never freezing like this on me.
Good times, good times.. Maybe I'll try again when the Trebuchet comes out.

..oh look, Dragonborn came out today, maybe I'll try that.

#2 Foksuh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

..Well, I had to see if freezes the second time too. Match 2, Frozen City. Building textures missing, game froze about ohh.. 3-4 minutes into match. Guess I'll have to try fresh install, maybe that'll fix things.. or maybe it's just this patch unwritten features.

Siiiigh, PGI, siiigh. That's all I can say.

#3 Havelock Vetinari

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I got the problem with the texture as well, but already before patch.

Try these tips - it worked for me:

http://mwomercs.com/...xtures-missing/

#4 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

This patch has done wonders for me. FPS went way up, much better visuals, finally chat pre and end match, statistics, better camo system - all over it's been a WOAH experience tonight.

#5 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I've had some freezes since last patch.
It fixes if I alt-tab out of game and back in, try that?

#6 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

You sound just like another crybaby troll. Yeah, I've noticed some issues, too, but I'm not coming in here posting some asshattery talking about playing another game. Thinly veiled threats like that contribute nothing to your purpose in a beta besides making you look like a ****.

#7 bonapartist1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm appalled nothing has been done about the rampaging ECM+SSRM equipped Commando and Raven.

#8 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Absolutely no reason what so ever to spend any more money on this game. Also no matter what you say no matter how you word it refunding MC with out people asking changing or altering purchased goods is very bad business practice an quite frankly i find it unscrupulous an dangerous. Its not ethical to force a unwanted refund on a customer it is very bad business practice my time is worth something you know. If you want people to spend money on this game stop being so greedy an release some content we don't have to pay $ for like some maps. This game has had no new maps released since it went open beta adding snow an turned the lights off does not count as a new map. I can't support this flagrant misuse of power or shear disrespect for the community or for proper business ethics.

Edited by tvaughanx, 05 February 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#9 John Horrigan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationOrion–Cygnus Arm

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

personally no technical issues as of yet .. lots of color though XD

my main gripe with the patch for now: for 1000 MC I demand you make my lanterns jiggle PGI!!!! ONE WAY OR THE OTHER !!!!

#10 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

While it absolutely sucks that you are getting freezes, and I hope whatever issue is causing it is addressed quickly, please refer to the following monthly forum posts cycle.

Week 1(A week since the last content patch): "Game is stale, give us new content. We need content!"

Week 2(Content Patch): "What is this content? This night map sucks! Your ECM broke the game! This mech is under powered! These weapon changes are awful, don't you play test this stuff?!"

Week 3(Preview of next patch has MC content so PGI can make some money): "Woah that Hero mech's price is insane! These color prices are outrageous! All these MC price points are so high I won't pay money until PGI changes them and puts in stuff I actually want!"

Week 4(Content Patch): "That's some great content, really is. But you broke the game for 0.5% of the population!!! Our computers are melting into piles of goo. Don't you test this stuff before you release it?! PGI needs to learn to release content every 2 weeks with 0 bugs and perfect balance and make it cost less than a pack of chewing gum to get everything or this game is going to fail so hard $#!%@%!$!@"

Repeat.

Edited by 80Bit, 05 February 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#11 Foksuh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostCarnivoris, on 05 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

You sound just like another crybaby troll. Yeah, I've noticed some issues, too, but I'm not coming in here posting some asshattery talking about playing another game. Thinly veiled threats like that contribute nothing to your purpose in a beta besides making you look like a ****.

Whats a thinly veiled threat exactly? That I'm gonna be playing more when Trebuchet is released? That I'm actually gonna do a fresh install, rather than leave the game uninstalled? The horror!

Also, I'd get the bit about another game, IF it was a game that actually competed with MWO, but last I checked it doesn't. It just happened to get released today and it's certainly interesting to me, as well as many other players.. Do note that I actually chose to play MWO first.

If someones an asshat here, it's certainly not me. :P

Also, for what it's worth, I do like the more vibrant colours.. I like 'em a lot!

#12 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Postbonapartist1, on 05 February 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

I'm appalled nothing has been done about the rampaging ECM+SSRM equipped Commando and Raven.

Well, ECM can now be critted out and only has 3hp, instead of being invincible. Not much of a change, but it's something.

#13 HiplyRustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostCarnivoris, on 05 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

First, calm down and believe me when I tell you that there really are some decafs that taste almost as good as the real thing.

Second, PGI, like most companies, has their own PR people and Community Relations people to handle disgruntled customers. They don't need you to do it for them...and frankly, your PR skills suck.

#14 DeeSaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostTaizan, on 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

This patch has done wonders for me. FPS went way up, much better visuals, finally chat pre and end match, statistics, better camo system - all over it's been a WOAH experience tonight.

This. Very much this. Thanks PGI!

#15 Spawl

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Love every bit of it!

#16 Horned Bull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

1. still no actual elo
2. despite improvements to the score screen still no "premade indicator".

#17 Foksuh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostTaizan, on 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Yeah, it does seem like a nice update on those parts. I especially liked that you get to see what your team is made off before the match even begins.
The little I did get to play, it felt smoother, though I never had any FPS issues myself, I've always ran the game fully maxed out with good FPS. Hard to describe, but felt smoother.

View PostOne Medic Army, on 05 February 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

I've had some freezes since last patch.
It fixes if I alt-tab out of game and back in, try that?

I'll try that, if the problem persists, though it did nothing the first time. First I'll have to do fresh re-install.

View PostHavelock Vetinari, on 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

I got the problem with the texture as well, but already before patch.

Try these tips - it worked for me:

http://mwomercs.com/...xtures-missing/

Thanks, will have to keep in mind the old shader cache cleanup if the problem still continues after re-installing.

#18 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

This game is truly improving with every patch now. I really love this patch for:

1. Pretty Baby! My first assault and I am very happy with it!

2. Better performance! Much better FPS and lower ping than before!

3. The new report screen and ability to chat after action

4. New camo and colors... obviously the unlockable color and camos too

5. Year of the snake item! Bought one hehehehe

Keep up the good work!

#19 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

I've been encountering the game freeze for several patches now. :P
Though oddly, the game doesn't seem to 100% freeze up on my end, because I can still hear the battle sounds, it's just the visual display that freezes.

Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and opening the task manager seems to "wake the game up" from the freeze, so it's never been a huge issue for me.

This might not have the same effect on your end, but it's worth a shot, if you want to.

#20 windermere

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Add me to the list of Game Freezes, patched an hour ago. First game River City day in Cat and froze at 1 minute. Second match after restarting froze on Forest about the same time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users