71 replies to this topic

#21 Titanicus

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yup, totally agree with you. There needs to be some tweaks with the camos maybe, but i like that they are unlocked for every mech now. The game seems more polished now. I like.

#22 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Don't forget to check your video card drivers! NVIDIA released a new Beta today.

#23 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

you get +1 because i also feel so good in my Liao Pretty Baby with my Dragon Lights and the Wobbeling Snake.

Great Patch

#24 Alex Novian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenburg, Taurian Concordat

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I do not like the end of match Screen, the chat colors or the few other quirks that have sprung up from this patch.

#25 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

View Posttvaughanx, on 05 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Absolutely no reason what so ever to spend any more money on this game. Also no matter what you say no matter how you word it refunding MC with out people asking changing or altering purchased goods is very bad business practice an quite frankly i find it unscrupulous an dangerous. Its not ethical to force a unwanted refund on a customer it is very bad business practice my time is worth something you know. If you want people to spend money on this game stop being so greedy an release some content we don't have to pay $ for like some maps. This game has had no new maps released since it went open beta adding snow an turned the lights off does not count as a new map. I can't support this flagrant misuse of power or shear disrespect for the community or for proper business ethics.

1. The changes they made were pushed by the community; 2. When you clicked 'agree' in the terms, you agreed to it; 3. This game is no more than 20% done, they stated not 2 days ago, that the game is only now at their MINIMUM standard. So the game is just a skeleton at the moment.

Quit with these posts, and make costuctive criticism relevant to practicality, not personal opinion

#26 Chunkylad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 295 posts
  • LocationIn a place called reality.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Well I like all the visual stuff, but I crashed immediately after I typed one thing in the pregame lobby... There goes my elo already...

#27 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostBraddack, on 05 February 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

you get +1 because i also feel so good in my Liao Pretty Baby with my Dragon Lights and the Wobbeling Snake.

Great Patch

I have that wobbling snake in my pretty baby as well! LOL!

#28 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

This definitely was a great patch.

#29 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Game definitely feels a lot smoother. My FPS is a lot steadier and doesn't drop into choppiness. The new interfaces are excellent.

#30 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I guess I'm the only one that has gripes.. too long a pause after the match before stats show up (and massive drag on the GPU during that time, for some unknown reason since almost nothing is happening).. no more showing money on the end of match screen.. no more highlighting you in the list so you can see where you fall at a glance.. seems the 100 min xp for a loss is gone (I just got 21 points for a match).. every time you switch mechs in spectator mode you hear the start up sequence.. and now my directional indicators in the HUD broke for my last match.

Yes, colors are better and fonts are crisper (actually makes the mech lab windows look blurry again).. but for what we got, we also got more bugs and less useful info on the end of match screen. Oh, and it still times out even if you're in the middle of chatting with someone.

And they delayed it for a week for that? ... just very very disappointing to have so many detractors from what should have been a simple thing to do.

#31 pcunite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Very nice patch ... I would like the Team color to be what it used to be, can't see this new color very well. Also, I would like my name highlighted in the end game stats as before.

#32 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostCmdrPoopyPants, on 05 February 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

I guess I'm the only one that has gripes.. too long a pause after the match before stats show up (and massive drag on the GPU during that time, for some unknown reason since almost nothing is happening).. no more showing money on the end of match screen.. no more highlighting you in the list so you can see where you fall at a glance.. seems the 100 min xp for a loss is gone (I just got 21 points for a match).. every time you switch mechs in spectator mode you hear the start up sequence.. and now my directional indicators in the HUD broke for my last match.

Yes, colors are better and fonts are crisper (actually makes the mech lab windows look blurry again).. but for what we got, we also got more bugs and less useful info on the end of match screen. Oh, and it still times out even if you're in the middle of chatting with someone.

And they delayed it for a week for that? ... just very very disappointing to have so many detractors from what should have been a simple thing to do.

Compared to what we got, these are minor bugs, not really a huge issue. You're just sounding like a princess at the moment :P .

I agree with you on the min xp though, that is annoying if you get dropped with gumbies

#33 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Good patch. although after the patch, and i am not complaining by my profile states i am staff. ;)
:P Buffing the most useless mech, making heat better for energy weapons, and i really haven't had any issues. Good job on the patch... Fellow staff members ;)

#34 GoodOleBoy

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

This game is truly improving with every patch now. I really love this patch for:

1. Pretty Baby! My first assault and I am very happy with it!

2. Better performance! Much better FPS and lower ping than before!

3. The new report screen and ability to chat after action

4. New camo and colors... obviously the unlockable color and camos too

5. Year of the snake item! Bought one hehehehe

Keep up the good work!

Agreed! This was a great patch!

#35 vidman

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

However for those that actively used jump jets on certain mechs JJs more or less got butchered further so now its hey look a spider flying who is up for a round of Sk-eet had to do that since it is a censored word apparently

Edited by vidman, 05 February 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#36 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Min xp, means farmers get almost nothing, so you may thank farmers for that part of the patch, some people ruin it for everybody.

To me, getting bonus xp for a loss was silly, I would rather just get the xp for what I did and the same for win or loss.

Chris

#37 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostSmokey Mcpot, on 05 February 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

1. The changes they made were pushed by the community; 2. When you clicked 'agree' in the terms, you agreed to it; 3. This game is no more than 20% done, they stated not 2 days ago, that the game is only now at their MINIMUM standard. So the game is just a skeleton at the moment.

Quit with these posts, and make costuctive criticism relevant to practicality, not personal opinion

It is constructive i told them to practice simple business ethics the terms are just that terms......... still their is a ethical code you should use when doing business. you know what is not productive? your legendary founders going around sifting through threads pampering theses dev's ego's an poor decisions. The changes were ok but the way they did was shady an its a way to lose customers period.

Edited by tvaughanx, 05 February 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#38 Bleary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

What, refunding MC for colors and camo?

The system needed to be changed. No one was happy about paying for colors every time they were applied. Everyone (I would hope) understands that if they allow us to purchase a color for every 'Mech we ever own, it's going to cost more than what they were charging for a one-time application. One can dispute how much more it should cost, but it can't cost the same.

Given A: the system needed to change, and B: if the system changed, the prices had to as well . . .how else were they supposed to do it? Refunding existing color and camo purchases were the only real option. And I don't think anyone really expected otherwise.

Edited by Bleary, 05 February 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#39 RoofiesRfun

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm getting pretty bad lockups maybe every other match. Have to CTRL ALT DLT out and shutdown the client. ALT TAB does nothing. Only started this patch was previously running great before that. Does this game have a crash dump somewhere?

#40 Katniss Everdeen

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDistrict 12

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

My clan tag after patch is wrong, it says house Marik instead of FRR, but in game its right. Idk what kinda issue causes this or if I am alone on it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users