16 replies to this topic

#1 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

I find that I cannot hold down the Backspace key when typing and have it repeat. I have to continually press the key if I want to backspace more than one character.

This occurs in every text box that I have encountered, email, password, and in-game chat.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It makes communications extremely annoying.

I also sent an email to support@mwomercs.com, but I thought I would post here to urge others to do so as well, and also find out how many people are having the issue but did not realize it.

Edited by Niko Snow, 16 April 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#2 Viper217

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'd second this issue, non-TS3 communications hard enough while playing without the chat being so painful. I'm pretty good at typing info on the fly mid-match, but info changes on the fly too and I dont think my team needs half a dozen messages like '2 cats d5 moving-' because i dont have time to tap the backspace key 16 times.

Otherwise fantastic patch!

#3 UiA

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Have this as well its pretty annoying

#4 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, hate it.

Really crappy having to hit Backspace 15 times to wipe out a sentence.

#5 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Support emailed me back pretty quickly that they were passing word on to the dev team.

#6 Golfin Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 162 posts
  • Locationyour flank

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I know one should not be typing long sentences in chat, nor should they be typing long sentences and then deleting them, but I've noticed since the patch that you have to hit the backspace button for each character you want to delete. You used to be able to just hold it down to quickly delete anything you've typed. Granted this is a very small issue I don't see why it has been changed other than being a side effect of the newest patch.

#7 Mad Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Not so much typing long sentences, but accidentally spraying a stream of 'dddddddddddddwwwwwwwwwww' into the chat window upon death.

This doesn't just affect the backspace key: all non-printing keys (cursor left, delete, etc.) don't repeat, while all printing keys (asdw, 1234, etc.) do.

#8 Ilxuss

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Temporary workaround I can think of is to press CTRL+A and backspace to remove all (in case of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssddddd).

#9 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

not sure if it was the recent update or not, but i can't hold down backspace in chat to delete stuff have to spam it now. somewhat annoying

#10 Volume

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yeah I can't stand this. I usually just tap ESC twice. Once brings up the "exit match" black screen with the MWO logo, and the second one brings you back into the game. Then when I press T, the chat is clear.

Sadly that was the best workaround I figured out, lol. Didn't think Ctrl-A worked in chat box...

#11 TriOptimum

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hi all! The backspace key doesn't repeat in chat, so to erase anything, one must hit backspace one time for every character they wish to erase, rather than being able to hold it down and have it function normally with repeat. Thanks :).

#12 TriOptimum

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Sorry, this got buried and instead of replying to it I started a new one. I have the same bug, rather annoying.

#13 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hold down shift+home. It will select all the text from back to front, and then you can just delete it. It's a fairly good workaround.

#14 Undergoose

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

I've been seeing this consistently throughout both the front end and in-game chat windows.

The backspace key, when held down, only backspaces one character and needs to be pressed again to delete the next character.

I REALLY don't like spamming out "I'm going to head towards thewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaasssssssdewwwwwwwwwww" in-game, but I may have to start just to avoid carpal-tunnel with the new bug.

This has only been happening since the patch, and nothing has changed on my end. I can alt-tab out of the game and bksp works fine in all other applications.

Peripherals running on Windows 8 Pro:
Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Ultimate
Game Pad: Razer Nostromo
Mouse: Logitech G700

#15 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...any-text-field/

#16 Undergoose

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostSnib, on 12 February 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

derp.

thanks for the point out, Snib, I should have searched that one out. :)
:wacko:

Mods please delete this thread as it's obviously a dupe.

Edited by Undergoose, 12 February 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#17 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Just wanted to start out by saying I love the new patch additions!! But who....oh who in their right minds decided it was a good idea to make the backspace key unable to be held down?!?!? You now have to repeatedly hit the backspace key for EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER TYPED!!! I don't know about you, but i use passwords that are very secure, in the 15 plus character range ... Do you know how annoying it is to have to hit the backspace key that many times because you know you entered your password incorrectly, not to mention when trying to type in game chat......PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!

As always, please keep up the good work and keep the content coming!!! :P

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users