Unable To Cap

v1.2.182

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dailey

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Conquest Mode, Frozen City. I was unable to cap Kappa and Sigma. The cap bars would not flash and advance when I was sitting on the base. A jenner in my group was having the same problem also.

#2 Smudge504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 101 posts
  • LocationNewcaslte Upon Tyne

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I was just playing a game in my Commando 2D, I rushed the enemy base with a Wang on my team, we stood on the enemy base for about 2 mins and nothing happened! the enemy then entered our base to cap and win?!?!?!?

it was on caustic region, the cap on the northern end of the map, has anyone else encountered this??

#3 TheAquired

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hi
I just played a game in conquest where I was in a commando, and on my own captured 2 resource points. At the end of the game, on the details screen, it said I had no capture assists. This is obviously not working correctly? or am I missing something? here is a screen shot to prove it:

Posted Image

#4 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEquestria *Applelieface*

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

keep an eye on this, and gather more info from it and than we can arguing about it^^

#5 Reaper One Nine

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I have never seen this work in conquest, ever.... only in assault, and of course only if that is how the game concluded, with your team winning by capturing the others base. Now, if it was meant to work in Conquest, then that would be cool... however the more and more people play conquest the more and more I see people grabbing a couple resources then slugging it out over the "Theta" point...

#6 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostTheAquired, on 11 February 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

This is obviously not working correctly?

It is very obviously working as intended.

View PostTheAquired, on 11 February 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

or am I missing something?

Yes, you read neither patch notes nor the relevant thread in the command chair section.

#7 Mad Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

On the other hand, it does raise a rather good point: why should pilots not be awarded for repeatedly capturing several points and thus stopping their team from losing by resources? Or is the argument "if you don't cause damage, you aren't contributing"?

#8 TheAquired

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostSnib, on 11 February 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

It is very obviously working as intended.

Yes, you read neither patch notes nor the relevant thread in the command chair section.

Could you direct me to something along those lines? I try to stay up to date, and I very much am sincere when I ask these questions. I do not see why I wouldn't recieve any cap assists

P.S. I was never saying that I couldn't capture a point, so I'm surprised my thread got merged into this one

Edited by TheAquired, 12 February 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#9 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostTheAquired, on 12 February 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

Could you direct me to something along those lines? I try to stay up to date, and I very much am sincere when I ask these questions. I do not see why I wouldn't recieve any cap assists

Sure, look here:

http://mwomercs.com/...mber-18th-2012/

Scroll down for a list of all rewards.

View PostTheAquired, on 12 February 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

P.S. I was never saying that I couldn't capture a point, so I'm surprised my thread got merged into this one

Niko partied on the forums and merged plenty unrelated threads all over the place. :P

#10 TheAquired

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostSnib, on 12 February 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

ok so I see there is no reward for capping, even in conquest mode (this would make sense as you get the resource bonus) but it doesnt make sense as to why they have a section that states how many captures you assisted in and leave that number at 0. I don't need a reward for it, but i thought it was a bug that it is not showing how many caps you were a part of.

Thanks for the link Snib

#11 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostTheAquired, on 12 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

ok so I see there is no reward for capping, even in conquest mode (this would make sense as you get the resource bonus) but it doesnt make sense as to why they have a section that states how many captures you assisted in and leave that number at 0. I don't need a reward for it, but i thought it was a bug that it is not showing how many caps you were a part of.

Thanks for the link Snib

Oh do they list it? In that case that really sounds wrong (edit: I never play conquest so I'm not familiar with the UI).

Edited by Snib, 12 February 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#12 TheAquired

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostSnib, on 12 February 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Oh do they list it? In that case that really sounds wrong (edit: I never play conquest so I'm not familiar with the UI).

yeah, just look at that screen shot I posted in my first post. You'll see in the middle column, theres one that says: "Capture Assist" but it says 0. anyway, I think they may even have this in assault mode? I'm not sure

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users