• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 19 January 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

Great work -

Is there one floating around for the Battlemaster?

I just got killed by a headshot from the rear - by a cicada of all things. My BLG has taken quite a beating in many rounds, but this happening at full health is just really suspect. Any thoughts if this is an issue or what? Dont really want to cry foul, but i find it hard to believe a cicada can one shot (alpha?) a Battlemaster in the back, do no damage other than take out the cockpit....

Two ways at least I've seen headshots from rear. #1 - the cicada, locust, what have you gets behind you and you only become aware of them as the artillery strike and direct weapons fire hit you at the same time, you never even having seen the plume of red smooke right behind you. Considering the arty strike and weapons fire from that same cicada might be hitting you same time, the after action report might list something like killed by: (the cicada dude) cockpit section destroyed, and last weapons hitting being the cicada's weapons i.e. med laser, ppc, or ac etc. Since arty strike doesnt list as a seperate cause it can seem one is headshot from behind.

#2 situation I've seen with backshot cockpit hits on a battlemaster came from missiles which were fire rather downwards on a moving battlemaster from my locust 1s... it was the 1ml, 4srm2 loadout and I peered over an edge firing down at a battlemaster that was charging out the side entrance of the tunnel on crimson straight. He had been moving under me I could tell, on radar and from targetting brackets and charged the visible mech directly ahead of him... I lead him as a target and fired a 4srm2 alpha down at him as my ally mech which was all the battlemaster saw, unleashed 3lbx 10 into his face. Apparently my downward missile volley caught his cockpit, after lbx fire and other possible fire from other allies facing him, because I got the kill and it was from cockpit/head component destroyed. Unfortunately, my ally's Lbx fire also tore my locusts leg off leaving me as a sentry over that side tunnel entrance the rest of the game.

Now with that second missile situation, it wasnt only cockpit damage, since the visible mech he had been charging did a gread deal with his lbxs... we onlyknew it was me who killed him with cockpit shot cause his cause of death was srms and I was the only one using them there - there was even the stupid obligatory call of some bs hax before we figured it out, we'd all been on same TS server, grouping our 4 mans when they happened to put our teams on same side.

With artillery though, a nearby strike you are unaware of CAN hit only one part of your mech and destroy it, especially if its already been hit by a sniper who also already hit only it and weakened it. If the arty shot was called by the cicada and killed ya, you could literally have an after action report showing only that they killed you, your head/pit was destroyed but listing no other source of damage at all, i.e. nothing like medium laser, gauss rifle etc that is normally listed.

#202 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the lengthy reply, i was hit by an ERPP and AC20.. ..nothing else as far as im aware..

#203 Fiaura The Tank Girl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

So what this tells me about the Catapult is either bring an XL Engine or don't pilot it. The side torsos are so small you may as well remove 50% of their armor as well because it's going to be extremely hard to miss the center torso like this.

#204 kanawolf

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

So have these hitbox pics been updated to reflect the current patch? Any chance of that happening if it hasn't?

#205 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

This thread is in high need of updating, as nearly all the hitboxes have been altered or changed drastically.

Still useful as a general guide, but note that the OP images are now out-of-date and inaccurate on most mechs.

#206 Rainbow Unikorn

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFrog land

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

No time, no money, so no future.

I can't rebuy all the mech and repaint the boxes for now, so the thread stay in stand by.
But as i was saying, i can update the first post if you send me some good new boxes !

#207 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

hitzones doesnt matter when u play with players that have pings between 5(seriuos i think his highest was 11 in that match) and 300+ from other players. u got teleporting lights, ac'S shooting trough heavys etc.

but htx for the list and the coloured zones anyway =) good work!

#208 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

little hint: Jenner has an antenna on top of it's CT. If you're chasing him from behind, you can hit this antenna and damage will go to it's front CT instead of rear CT. :)

#209 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Any hitboxes on the Banshee yet?

#210 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

I don't see the hitboxes for the Awesome. Am i going blind?

#211 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 26 March 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

I don't see the hitboxes for the Awesome. Am i going blind?

Not listed here. Also, the hitboxes currently posted are old. However, the Side torsos on the awesome are actually smaller now. The CT is quite huge in contrast (It used to be that the STs were bigger than the CT by ALOT)

Would like someone to correct /confirm my statement.

#212 Graves24

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Thanks this is a great help. I didn't know where the Jaegermech had his hitboxes. They are not that obvious (:

#213 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostGraves24, on 06 April 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Thanks this is a great help. I didn't know where the Jaegermech had his hitboxes. They are not that obvious (:

These should give you an idea, however, the hitboxes on this thread are now very much out of date, however, you get the general gist of how they work.

#214 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

It'd be great if you could do the Banshee hitboxes as well.

#215 Zeede

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hey Rainbow, add me as a friend in-game and I'd be happy to volunteer my Ember, Awesome and Banshees for you to shoot so we can at least add those to the hit box list :)

#216 Rainbow Unikorn

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFrog land

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Read First !

With all the new updates, this guide isn't actual, and the new mechs are not here.

Why ?

For making hitboxes, i have to buy all the new mech (and i don't play with them); with the incomming updates, i want to save my C-Bill !

Before """U.I. 2.0""", we can detect the boxes in the mechlab, simply moving mouse on the mech's parts.
Now, i think it's more difficult (or impossible ?).

It's too bad, because this kind of guide is very usefull for all players.
But is your guide too; and if you want, you can help.

If you find a way to detect boxes/test them, feel free to send your work here (or by MP).

I'm sure we can update this thread together !

View PostZeede, on 08 April 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Hey Rainbow, add me as a friend in-game and I'd be happy to volunteer my Ember, Awesome and Banshees for you to shoot so we can at least add those to the hit box list :huh:

Thank for your help !

I have already test this way (ingame), but it's to difficult to separate all the component.
But this way is very usefull for the final test ingame !

Edited by Rainbow Unikorn, 15 April 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#217 PsyArkron

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

Since we have the launch module now, it should be easy to test it with private matches, right?

I'd volunteer with all the mechs I have to check the hitboxes anytime I'm online.
Because in my opinion this is important and very useful information.

#218 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

Gonna be a while before we get the module to fully function

#219 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire