#41 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing the ER Large lose .5 heat. Otherwise I think the lasers are in a good place.

#42 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

also better dps becuase of the shorter recycle rate and sot duration

#43 Barghest Whelp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationIn a loophole

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostZyllos, on 06 February 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

So, maybe ER lasers need a smaller beam time (maybe even the ER PPC needs a faster projectile?) to add to the accuracy at greater ranges?

I could go along with that. Currently, the Large Laser and ER Large Laser have the same beam time, of 1.0s. Maybe the ER Large Laser should be 0.75s? Of course, this will make the weapon deadlier up close but it does produce quite a bit of heat so that might not be an issue.

I think this is a good suggestion for ER weaponry.

That sounds like a plausible and balanced solution to me. Better than just flat out reducing the heat anyways.

#44 Mypa333

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostDracol, on 06 February 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Nice work. In game, the tweak made an erppc spider over heat at an annoying rate. Post patch, it has become a less cumbersome weapon to utilize with minimal overheating issues.

I drive a spider, with ER PPC. To be honest, I haven't seen a lot of change. After 3 consecutive shots I reach 90% heat. I continue shooting at the edge of the maximum heat, sometimes overheating.

If i drive the 3 PPC Awesome, I will get 2 good Alpha shots before almost overheating. Then continue to fire the SL or wait to fire one PPC.

In my opinion, the ER PPC/PPC are balanced.

I would like to add that overheating should have more drastic effects. I've seen too many Alpha Strikes, without any effect. You overheat once, and then you Alpha strike again and again, shutting down, powering up. You should get a weapon exploding or internal damage like in "Override".

Edited by Mypa333, 09 April 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#45 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostMypa333, on 09 April 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

I drive a spider, with ER PPC. To be honest, I haven't seen a lot of change. After 3 consecutive shots I reach 90% heat. I continue shooting at the edge of the maximum heat, sometimes overheating.

If i drive the 3 PPC Awesome, I will get 2 good Alpha shots before almost overheating. Then continue to fire the SL or wait to fire one PPC.

In my opinion, the ER PPC/PPC are balanced.

I would like to add that overheating should have more drastic effects. I've seen too many Alpha Strikes, without any effect. You overheat once, and then you Alpha strike again and again, shutting down, powering up. You should get a weapon exploding or internal damage like in "Override".

the reason you take dmg in overdrive is because you are taking A LOT of excess heat, when you alpha then power down, for the most set ups, you aren't going that far over 100%, push to far, and you will take dmg

i mean override

#46 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

BTW, I also made an updated chart after the latest missile fiasco (the missile fiasco after the splash damage problem, for the historians out there). This chart is also adjusted for shorter time frames, based on the current alpha-strike focused trend. I might have to redo it for larger damage values, this is still pretty conservative.

Posted Image

#47 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

Here it is for shorter time frames and higher burst damage:

Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users