• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 07 February 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Making sense is not what i do.

You still havnt explained why Wispsy isnt using his Jenner.

Lag Shield nerfs

#142 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 07 February 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Lag Shield nerfs

That is... unfortunate.

He was my hero.

#143 Weeble

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Who just started playing this week and didn't know about the 3D jump sniper? Seriously?!!

It's a great tool against bad players. Good players don't have a problem with them.

#144 Jyi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 07 February 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Is it possible there's someone else on your 'team' with a bit more reading comprehension under their belt wants to discuss this? You're proving insufficient.

Fact is your entire strategy revolves around 2 ECM Lights. Once they're gone, so is your chance of living through the fight, much less winning. Ergo any strategy that takes them out while leaving the opposing team relatively unscathed will likely be successful, and there are a few of them. End of story. Theorize all you want, that's the skinny of it.

And why is Wispsy not in his Jenner...

Seriously, why do you think the entire strategy of jumpsniping would revolve around 2 Ravens? The Ravens are there as an integral part of the team, scouting for any possible brawlers sneaking behind or lights going for cap.. but they are rarely there to cover the snipers from LRM's nor does losing them suddenly make the snipers unable to perform.

To be blunt, we lost our 2 Ravens on like half the matches, and that was all we lost. Your arguments are full of wild assumptions where you think something that looks good on paper automatically counters something else. It doesn't work like that. Even if you bring a full team of brawling D-DC's and they get into the face of the jumpsnipers, they'll still lose if they suck at aiming. Or if they run in a row like cattle for slaughter. Or any of a dozen other possible mistakes. And some of those mistakes are ones that even a veteran player can do.

The game we won 8-6, barely, was one where the enemy team got their 3 Ravens in our base and our 2 Ravens were out at their cave entrance. Our whole team turned their backs to ridge (not really the smartest choice in hindsight) and got swarmed by the enemy. Our Ravens barely made it back to our base to stop the cap and got pretty much slaughtered by the enemy Ravens and Centurion. And yea, we still managed to win. It was barely, stupidly and probably more down to singular player skill than any strategy or tactic.. but we did it. It was the worst case scenario.

#145 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 07 February 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Is it possible there's someone else on your 'team' with a bit more reading comprehension under their belt wants to discuss this? You're proving insufficient.

Fact is your entire strategy revolves around 2 ECM Lights. Once they're gone, so is your chance of living through the fight, much less winning. Ergo any strategy that takes them out while leaving the opposing team relatively unscathed will likely be successful, and there are a few of them. End of story. Theorize all you want, that's the skinny of it.

And why is Wispsy not in his Jenner...

Why don't you just get 7 friends and scrim us. We will be glad to fraps it and let everyone see how great you are.

Oh, and if you need more help I'll make Wispsy and Rockwolf both drive jenners.

Edited by Mongoose Trueborn, 07 February 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#146 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 07 February 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Why don't you just get 7 friends and scrim us. We will be glad to fraps it and let everyone see how great you are.

Oh, and if you need more help I'll make Wispsy and Rockwolf both drive jenners.

You certainly have a penchant for making overly aggressive, unfriendly and irrelevant posts.

I dont drop with teams and never have. In fact, i havnt played much lately due to the Verizon/East Coast routing gateway issue giving me an otherwise seizure prone latency with MWO.

But if you insist on teaching me a lesson for questioning your apparent overwhelming prowess and to prove your supremacy, i'll be more than happy to go 1v1 so you can fraps your undoubted victory...

That is, of course, if you're comfortable playing alone.

#147 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostRippthrough, on 07 February 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

It was a good game though. Closest we've had for a long time.

It didn't work well for your team last night. :)

Jump sniping has some viability. But a random 8v8 isn't a good test, as you know.

Edited by TheMagician, 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#148 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

also mwll added a GOOD mechanic to JJ to discourage poptarts.. The mech would shake upon liftoff. Only when u lay off the fuel would the shake stop.. Of course you could still poptart, but it made it that much harder... Im sure if it becomes a problem in the future its something that could be added.

#149 Jyi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

View PostTheMagician, on 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

That's because I wasn't there! :P

#150 Chemistry Warden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostSource Control, on 07 February 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Or I like to build a large wooden badger and hide inside it while my lance mates offer me up as a gift.

I can't like that enough.

#151 RockWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEastern Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Jump sniping has some viability. But a random 8v8 isn't a good test, as you know.

Wasn't there either. Its hard to judge what is better pilots have a big effect. But you guys did a really good job at making us turn around.

Unfortunatly I didn't film that one... I have uploaded most of our close games vs rushes.
http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Edited by RockWolf, 07 February 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#152 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Well to be fair in that game we were half pug and levelling non jump sniper mechs, so it is not really a good testament to whether jump sniping works or not! :P

I still sometimes play my Jenner, it is fun but it is amusing to play with jumping snipers :(

Edited by Wispsy, 07 February 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#153 STRONG LIKE BEAR

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 07 February 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

...did you know people STILL complain about Guass Catapults? Cataphracts have been dealing better, more sniper damage since their inception in this game. No idea why people still claim K2's are op or whatever. The new, 70t Cat is better in all aspects.

The difference is, you can target the weapon systems on Cataphracts.

You can't effectively target the weapon systems in the K2 magical machine gun ports.

That's why people complain. K2's aren't even a "problem" per se.. they are just an insult.

#154 Madwilly

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 07 February 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

You certainly have a penchant for making overly aggressive, unfriendly and irrelevant posts.

I dont drop with teams and never have. In fact, i havnt played much lately due to the Verizon/East Coast routing gateway issue giving me an otherwise seizure prone latency with MWO.

But if you insist on teaching me a lesson for questioning your apparent overwhelming prowess and to prove your supremacy, i'll be more than happy to go 1v1 so you can fraps your undoubted victory...

That is, of course, if you're comfortable playing alone.

I was gonna say stop trolling my bros, but now I see you are just an arm chair general (who really is not making any sense what-so-ever in the slightest, did you ever play this game?).

And PGI, give us our dueling mechanic so we can make it happen =p

#155 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostSTRONG LIKE BEAR, on 07 February 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

The difference is, you can target the weapon systems on Cataphracts.

You can't effectively target the weapon systems in the K2 magical machine gun ports.

That's why people complain. K2's aren't even a "problem" per se.. they are just an insult.

Ya' know, this is the kind of logic I can't follow. Are you complaining because its hard to hit their side torso (which thanks to the explosive Gauss Rifles make them laughably fragil) or because you are uneasy that the rifles are being fired out of a mgun port? Well if its the latter, I have good news. That Machine Gun barrel is a variable model that will later on in the game's Beta be replaced by a much larger barrel depending on what actual gun is placed in the ballistic slot.

If it WAS in fact the prior, then that is YOUR problem and you need to work on your aim, since its really not very difficult to snipe out their side torsos. One good alpha to either side torso will usually be enough to remove the armor and pop that Gauss Rifle, triggering an internal weapon explosion, that more likely than not takes out the XL engine. Should the Gauss Cat not have an XL? Well, then he's moving much slower than his XL counterparts and would make for an even easier target.

Questions?

Edited by mwhighlander, 07 February 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#156 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

I call them ***** and theyre fun to kill on the wing

ok... since you cant say ***** Ill call them "clay pigeons"

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 07 February 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#157 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 07 February 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

because you are uneasy that the rifles are being fired out of a mgun port?

Im guessing that and theyre usually the first guys that jump on the "you pay cor hs/dbl hs conversion every time cause youre paying labor costs" bandwagon.
Change out the heating system on an entire mech? OK
Change out machineguns to gauss rifles (but the art assets guys cant program the change so they look like mguns - but they ARE Gauss and not mgun ports, blame the art guys not the fact that the weapons have changed :)) NOT OK

#158 STRONG LIKE BEAR

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 07 February 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Ya' know, this is the kind of logic I can't follow. Are you complaining because its hard to hit their side torso (which thanks to the explosive Gauss Rifles make them laughably fragil) or because you are uneasy that the rifles are being fired out of a mgun port? Well if its the latter, I have good news. That Machine Gun barrel is a variable model that will later on in the game's Beta be replaced by a much larger barrel depending on what actual gun is placed in the ballistic slot.

If it WAS in fact the prior, then that is YOUR problem and you need to work on your aim, since its really not very difficult to snipe out their side torsos. One good alpha to either side torso will usually be enough to remove the armor and pop that Gauss Rifle, triggering an internal weapon explosion, that more likely than not takes out the XL engine. Should the Gauss Cat not have an XL? Well, then he's moving much slower than his XL counterparts and would make for an even easier target.

Questions?

Hilarious. Insinuating that I lack the skill required to take out the catapult. You really are bankrupt. Also bad at the video game.

Good day =]

#159 Mazgazine1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I have seen a TON of 2 erppc gauss Cataphracts lately, but I have never been the victim of poptarting.. yet..

Been in lots of PUG and 4 mans, and nothing organized yet. I can imagine a 4 man group of these would be pretty nasty with focus fire.

#160 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 07 February 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

Im guessing that and theyre usually the first guys that jump on the "you pay cor hs/dbl hs conversion every time cause youre paying labor costs" bandwagon.
Change out the heating system on an entire mech? OK
Change out machineguns to gauss rifles (but the art assets guys cant program the change so they look like mguns - but they ARE Gauss and not mgun ports, blame the art guys not the fact that the weapons have changed :)) NOT OK

Then this is a temporary visual concern and less of a gameplay concern. If you recall (which you probably don't) The devs have stated the base system is in place and only a few of the variable weapon mount cannons are in place (arms on the Raven, energy mounts on the Cataphracts arms, and the K2's PPC cannons/laser lens').

The change will be made in time. Agile + Scrum development cycle means they have larger priorities atm and the changes will come in time.

//end derail topic

View PostSTRONG LIKE BEAR, on 07 February 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Hilarious. Insinuating that I lack the skill required to take out the catapult. You really are bankrupt. Also bad at the video game.

Good day =]

You stated that

"The difference is, you can target the weapon systems on Cataphracts.
You can't effectively target the weapon systems in the K2 magical machine gun ports."

--and then immediately reply that you do in fact have the skills to kill the K2's with ease. You are not making any sense. What is your complain then? I did not imply that you lacked any skills in 80's stompy space robuts. I am curious as to what your complain is exactly regarding K2's and ballistics. Unless you just want to keep making "flame warz" statements. Then, I guess go right on ahead.

Edited by mwhighlander, 07 February 2013 - 10:23 PM.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users