Poptarts!

343 replies to this topic

#201 Zeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostTaemien, on 07 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Shake didn't stop it at all, only made it slightly harder to hit on the way up, not at the apex or the descent. By the way, the reticle didn't shake much, so if you had a target lined up, you were gonna hit.

Strategy works, it always does, if someone is willing to break off the zerg and do something, in either game. But this community, like MWLL's will whine as that's the thing they know best and like their gimped zerging strat, it isn't very effective. But it is all they know.

The shake did stop it. It was almost impossible and your reticle moved all over the place. I don't know what MWLL you were playing. I was in TLL (The Living Legends), which contained several of the developers, and I played almost daily for the better part of a year during the time which the shake was introduced. I played in scrims against other clans, etc.

Poptarting was a MAJOR MAJOR concern in that game. As you pointed out in a rude dismissive fashion. If they hadn't added the shake, it would have continued to dominate the game's strategic and tactical flow.

The shake didn't completely eliminate it, but it went from "The best thing to do in the game" to "A valid tactic".

So in short... /disagree. The game needs to actively discourage this particular tactic. I'm not sure how effective or easy it is in MWO, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem to be dominant (at least yet). If it becomes a primary strategy though, I would definitely call for a fix.

Edited by Zeh, 08 February 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#202 Rotaugen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

If this ever became so wide spread that you saw it in use majorly in every round, then I have to believe they'd do something to nerf it. Since it is an MMO (of sorts), they will be more aggressive about maintaining balance. You know they don't want to see 8 poptarters per side every round.

#203 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

I can't wait until you bragging poptarting teams meet us. That's when the QQing will hit the fan. KaoS is on another level right now. We're always a month / month and a half ahead of every trend. Most teams see this stuff first in matches against us. Whispy has seen us a few times in his 3D. If you want to see the OP way to run them or the OP way to counter them join RHoD.

#204 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostchiXnhawk, on 08 February 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

I can't wait until you bragging poptarting teams meet us.

KaoS is on another level right now. We're always a month / month and a half ahead of every trend.

Oh the irony.

Too bad they don't give out Nobel awards for MWO awesomeness.

Edited by Greyfyl, 08 February 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#205 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

We'd already know who won it.

#206 Zeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I can't wait until you bragging poptarting teams meet us. That's when the QQing will hit the fan. KaoS is on another level right now. We're always a month / month and a half ahead of every trend. Most teams see this stuff first in matches against us. Whispy has seen us a few times in his 3D. If you want to see the OP way to run them or the OP way to counter them join RHoD.

Off-topic, but I don't think you could have created a lower opinion of you and your clanmates in me through your post. Just thought you might want to take into consideration such grandstanding and bragging makes you look like an unpleasant person. (I'm also the kind of person your clan probably looks for, in that I have years of MW experience and generally play pretty durn well.)

Edit: Glad you like it : )

Edited by Zeh, 08 February 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#207 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Ah , you just haven't played us yet. I hope you do find a team and saddle up. We enjoy very much playing against pilots with "years of MW experience". For the record I don't believe that jump sniping is Op or bad. MW4 was just because of 3rd person and Asslts. I think a jumping heavy is a good start for easing into the JJ age. 70 tons right now in the air should prep every one for 90 tons later.

#208 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 08 February 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Not sure what that means but your entire team QQ'd on us in an 8 man because we had range and you didn't.

Only time we have had an entire team just get pissed and disconnect rather than take a beating. We still laugh about it on a regular basis. Would love to have a recording of your coms that night.

I believe that was because your team stepped on our cap to insure victory, then ran your one scout away and turtled on your base and never moved from your base.

Rather than assault your base, the group I was with decided to disconnect instead of waiting out the battle for 15 minutes.

Laugh all you want, but we just figured we would save some time rather than assault your base or wait out the match for 15 minutes after being told by a friend that this is what your team exclusively does, you touch enemy base to gaurentee the win, then turtle on your base until time runs out or the enemy team charges in and you pick them off one by one.

No one QQ'ed, don't spread lies you cant backup with facts.

#209 Rippthrough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Ah, as opposed to your team just holing up on the citadel and trying to snipe you mean?

And your friend was wrong. As for not spreading lies, I believe there's a lovely screenshot somewhere of your team calling us all 'Faggots' before disconnecting.

Edited by Rippthrough, 08 February 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#210 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

When it's late at night and we've had a few drinks, we roll out the pain trains and the noisy crickets in 4s. We hunt specifically for QQ about our 3D's and A1's. We also see how quickly we can 8-0 the enemy team. A lot of times, it's over in under 3 minutes--sometimes 2.

glhf

#211 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 08 February 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

I believe that was because your team stepped on our cap to insure victory, then ran your one scout away and turtled on your base and never moved from your base.

Rather than assault your base, the group I was with decided to disconnect instead of waiting out the battle for 15 minutes.

Laugh all you want, but we just figured we would save some time rather than assault your base or wait out the match for 15 minutes after being told by a friend that this is what your team exclusively does, you touch enemy base to gaurentee the win, then turtle on your base until time runs out or the enemy team charges in and you pick them off one by one.

No one QQ'ed, don't spread lies you cant backup with facts.

Posted Image
QQ by wm_mongoose, on Flickr

#212 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

BTW Noisey cricket is what we call 3D's. operation Noisey cricket is hell on the battle field.

#213 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 08 February 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Posted Image
QQ by wm_mongoose, on Flickr

Where is the QQ?

epic fail dude. try again.

#214 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Modest much?

#215 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 08 February 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Where is the QQ?

epic fail dude. try again.

Your entire team QQ'd. Maybe you need more than a mwo education.

http://bit.ly/UwaXtK

Or if you are still unable to follow the link I can cut and paste for you.

Originally started in Warcraft, where Alt+QQ is a hotkey to quiting the game.

When someone ******* or whines everyone would say 'QQ', telling them to quit the game because they suck so much.

Edited by Mongoose Trueborn, 08 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#216 Icepick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationProbably at Work

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

e-peening aside...

The problem with poptarts (in MW4, anyway, never played LL) wasn't the jumping and shooting - It was that 3rd person view allowed you to spot your target without leaving cover.

#217 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 08 February 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

Your entire team QQ'd. Maybe you need more than a mwo education.

http://bit.ly/UwaXtK

Or if you are still unable to follow the link I can cut and paste for you.

Originally started in Warcraft, where Alt+QQ is a hotkey to quiting the game.

When someone ******* or whines everyone would say 'QQ', telling them to quit the game because they suck so much.

It's interesting to learn where some of this stuff comes from!

#218 Cartman726

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Dear randoms who think they are better than KaoS Legion,

Hi, my name is Cartman. I'm a fellow MWO enthusiast who enjoys meching, stomping robots, and destroying you on the forums. Please continue to talk smack in this thread so that I may see it blossom into the off topic sub forum from which I mainly reside.

ps. madcuzubad.

#219 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 February 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

It's interesting to learn where some of this stuff comes from!

Aff. If i remember correctly, Alt Q was eject in MW4. Therefore we should hold true to canon and not say QQ, but simply Q.

#220 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

QQ is from starcraft.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users